Firebird v63G - page 34

Hendrick:
A return of 69.7% in 23 days. Very impressive!

June had some very good trade days for some if you definitely watched your EA and not trade 24x7... Nice one RJ

RJ1:
Hi all,

After about a month of forward testing Firebirdv63G, here is my result. My setting is as in *.set file attached. Very impressive, but there are a few trades that I lost 200 pips each trade *ouch!*

Hendrick, looking forward for your Phoenix, a bird that rise from death from its ashes. Maybe in Phoenix we could eliminate those bad trades that Firebird suffered when strong trend kicks in.

BTW, I am using a 10K demo account at NorthFinance, forward testing from 6th June until 29th June, and there are times that I do not trade because I switched off my PC. So this is not a 24/7 running account result.

-RJ1-

HI RJ,

what time frame did u use ...???

Thanks

Babar

I manually disabled the EA this morning prior to the NFP report and the 3 floating positions I had were stopped out. For the week I went 20-4. I really think avoiding the "Red Flag" sessions are helping this EA.

Attached is a partial statement for the week:

Files:
7_7_06.jpg  66 kb

Non Farm Payroll Blow out my profits

I agree with hendrick... AVOID NEWS!!

... and i can understand now.....

may be i'm going to use real money next week

what do you think about Real Trade Platform?

stevenali:

I agree with hendrick... AVOID NEWS!!

... and i can understand now.....

may be i'm going to use real money next week

what do you think about Real Trade Platform?

My statement in the previous post is Real Cash. Just use strong money management and avoid "red flag" sessions.

Just a thought.

I am new here, but I have an idea. Instead of going for a maximum amount of pips, is there anyway to reduce the drawdown? I would rather make 100 pips a month with a 10 pip drawdown, than a 1,000 a month with a 200 pip drawdown. The reason for this is that more leverage can be used. 100:1 leverage and a 10 pip drawdown means huge profits. 100:1 leverage and a 200 pip drawdown is a huge loss.

Just a thought.

Hendrick:
The importance of time! (BTW these are the times trades were opened, not closed)

HI hendrick, I have a question about time setting for EDEA, what time set that I have to use , broker time or local time sett?? thanks be 4

regard

Julian

Real Trade LLC

AlphaPip:
My statement in the previous post is Real Cash. Just use strong money management and avoid "red flag" sessions.

Stevenali is asking your opinion about a Latvia based broker company called Real Trade. They are using MT4 platform and are providing micro account and accepting web money and e-gold deposit.

http://realtrade.lv (Real Trade LLc, Latvia) and http://realtrader.org (Real Trade Group, Ltd., BVI)

julian:
HI hendrick, I have a question about time setting for EDEA, what time set that I have to use , broker time or local time sett?? thanks be 4

regard

Julian

Hi Julian,

It's Local Time.

Phoenix

Hi guys,

I need only a couple of days before launching Phoenix_v1. It has a lot of nice features, but I want to be certain that they all work as planned.

Features:

- SafeArea: only place trades during a ranging market

- SafePipDistance: another technique to protect you against a volatile market.

- Gamble (thanks MarvinSK): there are certain times during the day that all trades are winners. For me (GMT+2) it's from 16-17. With the Gamble function you can increase your Lots during these times.

- Surfing: When it's not safe to place trades with Phoenix (counter trend), Phoenix becomes a trend follower. Pick up the wave and let's start surfing!

- Money Management: working and a must!

- Trailing Stop: Is working

- Divergence: use it if you want (I don't like it)

- Valid Trade Times: If you want Phoenix to place trades only during certain times, you can set four times a day.

- Micro account: Is working

- CloseReverse: close trades when the signal changes

Can we beat the big guys in Forex with Phoenix? I think we can.

Reason: