Firebird v63G - page 20

Maury74:
Hi Hendrick,

thanks for your great job on firebird!!!

After seeing your results - and Wackena's results too - I'm started to test firebird on monday evening....

Yesterday evening I was up of 190 pips on cable and euro with 19 wins and no losses....obviously my TP is setted on 10 pips....with an SL of 120 pips...TF = 1 min.

The only problem is that on the chart I see a drawdown of 158 pips on euro and 153 on cable and I don't understand how it's possible....in theory the SL is for all the opened position so that if I have 3 opened positions with a loss of 80 30 10 the SL should be triggered....so how is it possible????

Someone can help me??

Some parts of Firebird are still a mystery to me. Looking at the comments in the code the SL setting is for "the total loss on all open positions". Wel it isn't. The SL is used for every single trade. Thats why I use SL=52 and TP=26

saat2006:
Hi hendrick :

Now my EDEA was activated.The setting for the hour in EDEA follows my computer time.Before this i set follows the broker time thats why i think it was not activated.

Thanks

Good job Saat!

New version of EDEA (BETAversion1.4)

Please test this new version of EDEA (+ new INI-file and Manual).

4 regular start and stop times a day

3 stop and start times for News Events

You can place the INI file where you want. EDEA will ask you for the path when it starts.

Feedback please?

Files:
edeav1_4.zip  533 kb

Hendrick:
Please test this new version of EDEA (+ new INI-file and Manual).

4 regular start and stop times a day

3 stop and start times for News Events

You can place the INI file where you want. EDEA will ask you for the path when it starts.

Feedback please?

Hi Hendrick, why not just hard-coded it to the EA ? Maybe you could describe the time frame in GMT, so I could try to apply it to the EA. Hope this help

What time does EDEA use? Computer time or broker time?

jet:
What time does EDEA use? Computer time or broker time?

Local time, not broker time.

firedave:
Hi Hendrick, why not just hard-coded it to the EA ? Maybe you could describe the time frame in GMT, so I could try to apply it to the EA. Hope this help

Hi Firedave,

I'm not a MQL4 programmer (still studying). This EDEA can be used for all EA's and have to possibilty make a schedule for a whole week (on Sunday I look at Forex Calendar of forexfactory.com and put the results in my schedule).

Intention to rebuild Firebird to Phoenix

Although I'm not a MQL-programmer it's my intention to rebuild Firebird. I have the necessary knowledge of other languages, so it shouldn't be too hard to master MQL4. Looking at the code now I think it's a little bit of a mess. I will try to bring it back to its basics. Of course I will respect the original maker of this EA (TraderSeven). He is the founder of the concept of Firebird, not me.

I need some input from you to make Firebird rise again from the ashes (yes, we will call it Phoenix)

My opinion so far:

1. First I don't like the Pipstep. I think it's much too risky if a trend sustained.

2. I've seen longs and shorts for the same pair at the same time. Not good! If the signal for a pair changes, first close the open opposite trades for this pair.

3. MAtype=1 is far too risky. We will remove it.

4. We need money management. Lots of examples in other EA's, so it will not be too hard to implement this.

5. Time to trade is VERY important. Until now I think my EDEA will do the job. Maybe we can incorporate the same solution in Firebird itself.

Please shoot and give your opinion.

(Don't expect the revival of Firebird will happen soon. I have a live next to Forex you know!)

Thanks for your hard work on this EA Hendrick! I think what Firedave was offering in his post to you was to try and do the programming for you/us. Could you please answer his question for him and describe the time frame in GMT as he requested because it would be great to have the times hard coded into the EA? cheers

Hendrick:
Hi Firedave, I'm not a MQL4 programmer (still studying). This EDEA can be used for all EA's and have to possibilty make a schedule for a whole week (on Sunday I look at Forex Calendar of forexfactory.com and put the results in my schedule).

firedave:

Hi Firedave!

Thanks to Goldensight I now understand you are willing to apply trade times to Firebird. That would be great! But is it possible to incorporate a week schedule with 7 starts and stop times per day in Firebird? Another question: to me the code of Firebirdv63G looks a little messy. Is it possible to bring it back to its basics? Maybe I ask too much, but if so, please tell me.

Reason: