Universal MA Cross EA - page 61

Using 2 UnivesalmacrossEA's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To anyone that can help,

I have two metatraders running on different PC's. I have installed the universalmacrossEA on each of them. Everything is the same on each. Currency pair, time frame, EA settings etc. On one comnputer the EA made trades almost right away. The second computer has not placed a trade yet. If everything is the same why did one trade and the other did not. Both systems were started at the same time.

Thanks,

Ron

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To anyone that can help,

I have two metatraders running on different PC's. I have installed the universalmacrossEA on each of them. Everything is the same on each. Currency pair, time frame, EA settings etc. On one comnputer the EA made trades almost right away. The second computer has not placed a trade yet. If everything is the same why did one trade and the other did not. Both systems were started at the same time.

Thanks,

Ron[/QUOTE

Have you tried re-loading the EA? Any errors on the experts tab? I have the EA running on a few different brokers on the same computer. I have noticed the EA missing entries. I get the alerts but no entry or even an attempt to enter. Good luck getting answers here. I asked weeks ago about this issue. No response.

georgebestng:
This is a 5mins. EA. Can somebody in the house make this EA to be trading, 1 Trade per bar. it is very aggressive, i used it in my live account and my broker complained. If possible let it be entering trade every 5 mins. instead of the usual 6 to 8 trade per 5mins. Please help. georgebestng at yahoo.com

interesting, I'm a MQL programmer I can fix it, but before I could see the details statment from this EA

Hi Fxeurope. Does 100pips V3.1 work with 5-digit and ECN Brokers?

Hi Fxeurope,

1. Firstly, thank you for your revising the EA 100pips V3.1.

2. I would like to ask you the followings:

a. Is this version compatible with 4-digit and 5-digit broker automatically?

b. Is this version compatible with ECN broker automatically?

c. How about if brokers have some suffix at the end of the Eurusd, for example, m, or fx, etc, will this EA be compatible automatically? Or will we have to enter the suffix manually?

d. Does this version have Money Management / Risk Management = True/False?

e. As I understand, this EA work on Eurusd, M5 time-frame, right ?

Or does this EA can work on other pairs as well?

Waiting for your further detailed information asap.

Thanks and regards,

James

Hi Fxeurope. I found some errors in 100pips V3.1

Hi Fxeurope,

Today, I forward-tested 100 pips V3.1, and found following errors:

1. 2010.12.13 17:49:54 100 pips v3.1 New EURUSD-,M1:Error at BuyModify: 130, lots: 0.1, ldStop: 1.3125, ldTake: 1.3228, lsComm: 100 pips New951

2. By the way, 100 Pips V3.1 is used on EURUSD, 1-minute timeframe or 5-minute timeframe?

I am using it on 1-minute timeframe. From 5000usd, now, it has become 5200usd (equity) and around 200usd floating loss. Now, Balance is a bit over 5400usd.

Could you please make an optimization and post preset file here?

Besides Eurusd, what other pairs can be used with this EA?

Thanks for your further information asap.

James

Hi Jarnodal. Please post your preset file. Thanks

Hi Jarnodal,

Your backtesting results are good.

Please kindly tell which broker you did backtesting with? You used their demo server or live server?

Also, please kindly summarize and post the preset file of Eurusd, M30. I do not understand well because there are so many Take profits, stop loss, etc, and I don't know which one to input on parameter. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

James

I had V3 in backtest, EURUSD M30

@ James, tested in demo account, broker markets.com, 5 digit broker.

James,

I did a test @ Markets.com Broker, using demo data, from january 2010 till now. It's a 5 digit broker.

But now i am backtesting it from 1999 till now and there's too much drawdown.

I'm optimizing the the 5digit-V4 Version now @m5 TF in backtest with live history data. The results are pretty good for now, initial 100 euro -> 259 euro, from 1 january till now. 15% DD, 0.01 lotsize. Still optimizing for about 2 weeks.

New to MT4 and EAs, not sure what the changes I made mean

Hi guys,

I'm new to Metatrader and EA's, and I have been learning about Forex in the past few months.

I made some changes in the Expert Properties and I think that it got good results. The thing is I'm not really sure what the changes I made mean. I don't know if it'll end up being to risky, or not a viable strategy but the graphs seem to look good.

I made changes to by making assumptions about the different settings. Could any help me put this strategy in plain, layman's English for me?

The graph below is on the EUR/USD testing the past two months.

Thanks a bunch

Files:

Wich version are you testing and the broker you're using?

My backtest for now is:

100 Euro init balance -> 294 euro after 12 months (jan - till now), 21% Drawdown.

And 11.27% DD -> 254 euro. I'll post the graphs and settings when the backtesting with live data @ my 5-digit broker is done completly.

Reason: