Universal MA Cross EA - page 57

Minimum Crossing Distance

hcpforex:
hi all,

I was trying the Universal ma ea last week and i found that it set the trade while the cross is during the candle formation, and it could be, like in the chart attached, that at the end of that candle the price goes down and finally the cross does not occur.

is it possible to set the trade at the clossing of the bar when it s been a cross? maybe i m not wright with the settings...

sb help?

thank you in advance.

Hcp

Hi Hcp,

This EA has settings for you to do that - check out Minimum Crossing Distance and MaxLookUp and search this thread for these key words to find the discussions on these functions.

Watch the EA in slow motion in the Strategy Tester and you will see the trade wait for your settings to be reached.

Hope this helps you,

Robert

hi all...

anybdy find any good setting for this EA,im planning to use it on TFM5...just trying to make it scalping EA base on this idea...

n can somebdy tell me plsss what is the profitable pair...

thanks in advance!!!

order : (0) no error

Has any one found a solution to this error?

Ms_Mel:
If this has been addressed before, please disregard (I haven't finished reading the whole thread).

I've been using this EA for a while now, live and demo, and I often get this type of error message (read backwards). Does anyone know what this means and/or how to correct it?

Many thanks

2009.02.10 07:00:11 universalMACrossEA2 GBPJPY,H1: Error opening SELL order : (0) no error

2009.02.10 07:00:11 stdlib GBPJPY,H1: loaded successfully

2009.02.10 07:00:07 universalMACrossEA2 GBPCHF,H1: Error opening SELL order : (0) no error

2009.02.10 07:00:07 stdlib GBPCHF,H1: loaded successfully

2009.02.10 07:00:07 universalMACrossEA2 GBPCHF,H1: close #21528761 buy 0.10 GBPCHF at 1.6613 sl: 1.6408 at price 1.7149

2009.02.10 07:00:00 universalMACrossEA2 GBPJPY,H1: Alert: Moving Average Cross DOWN !

2009.02.10 06:59:59 universalMACrossEA2 GBPCHF,H1: Alert: Moving Average Cross DOWN !

Latest Version In Post#516

knewday:
Has any one found a solution to this error?

Hi Knewday,

Try this latest version by Serpentsnoir - it appears to have solved the Error 0 problem.

universalMACrossEA[5 Dig]-V4.mq4

See Post #516 to DL this latest version.

Hope this helps you,

Robert

mohdashraf:
hi all...

anybdy find any good setting for this EA,im planning to use it on TFM5...just trying to make it scalping EA base on this idea...

n can somebdy tell me plsss what is the profitable pair...

thanks in advance!!!

different pairs will give different results

Initialization String

Good Morning All,

I have been looking for something like this for a while now. It seems to do most of what I want.

Of all the EA's and Robots I have tried as a new trader, I have found that no EA or robot is consistent among all pairs and time frames.

So, what I have been doing is to use this ea as part of a larger strategy. I am a relatively new trader in forex. So I have had to develop this based on what I am familiar with and what I have time for.

What I have been doing is manually looking for openings. Once I see a potential opening, I turn the ea on in Long Positions Only or Shore Positions Only mode. Then the ema cross act like a confirmation, opening the trade and closing it at SL or a small TP. If the trend continues, it's ability to open new positions is great and has been very fruitful.

What I need though is someone to let me know how to adjust the initialization string (if possible).

Sometimes (many times) I get up in the morning and look at the charts and see a crossover has already occured and the pair is trending in one direction or the other. At this point, if I turn on the ea, it will not open trades as the event (crossover) has already happened. What I want is for the ea to see that the conditions for trade entry still exist and will start opening positions from ea startup. I turn the ea off and on manually, so it shouldn't creat a conflict. I do not want to change how the ea runs, I think the only item that would need to be changed is somewhere in the initialization string. I am not a programmer. So if someone could maybe tell me what line to change to make it do this, it would be a great help.

Is there a way to adjust the initialization string to check to see of the conditions are present at startup? That way if I miss a crossover, I can turn on the ea and have it enter positions as if the crossover just happened.

Thank you in advance!

ibthescottyb

Bar counting indicator

can you help me change this indicator to show the color of the most recent candles. i want to alert me when there are two candles of the same in a row. I think the rsi and sar setting should be removed.

Files:

Hi,

someone has added or can add to the EA an RSI option for a trend confirm before open the position ?

Thanks

Netmastro

ibfx compatible

Would like to know if someone can make this compatible with 5 digit broker and also ibfx's new rule about not being able to place a market order with TP/SL orders at the same time. Being told by ibfx that there must be a delay between the time the EA opens the order, and the time it opens the SL and TP orders. Anyone else run into this issue?

I'm getting this error:

2010.07.20 05:45:00 universalMACrossEAV1.1 EURGBPm,M15: 11:30 - 1 - 2 - 12 - DOWN

2010.07.20 05:45:00 universalMACrossEAV1.1 EURGBPm,M15: Prev : DOWN - Curr : DOWN

2010.07.20 05:45:00 universalMACrossEAV1.1 EURUSDm,M15: Error opening SELL order : (0) no error

2010.07.20 05:45:00 universalMACrossEAV1.1 EURUSDm,M15: MinCrosDistance SELL

2010.07.20 05:45:00 universalMACrossEAV1.1 EURUSDm,M15: 10:15 - 6 - 43 - 9 - DOWN

thx,

todd

coder

Ok I can get it to work fine as long as I make the T/P and S/L zero. (blasted IBFX). Anyway is there anyone that is willing to adjust the code for this particular version that i'm using so that it delays the T/P and S/L orders for a few seconds after entering the trade?

TIA.

Todd

Reason: