FXiGoR-(T_S_R) very effective Trend Slope Retracement system - page 13

iGoR:
AUDIO FILE THAT EXPLAINES ALL THE RULES AND SETUP

In the audio file if you hear me say "yesterday" then that is refering to 19-9-2006.

And in the beginning of the file I refer to the EUR/USD

http://rapidshare.de/files/35336821/BasicTSR.wma

indicators and templatit

UPDATED 18 sept 2006

Dear sir

Thanks alot for your system .. would you pls explain to me how I can download the Audio file as every time Im trying its translated me to the following site:

so its must to buy to get the file ?

best wishes

ammar

ammar200070a:
Dear sir

Thanks alot for your system .. would you pls explain to me how I can download the Audio file as every time Im trying its translated me to the following site:

so its must to buy to get the file ?

best wishes

ammar

Buy? You dont have to buy anything, just download that file its free.

Backtest

I went tru eur/usd, and gbp/usd from September 1 till yesterday. I used the F12 key, and also I used the opening price from regular candles(not Heiken Ashi) to get my entry prices since those would've been the true prices at that moment of time. I used Heiken Ashi(+2 candles) to determine the stop loss levels, and the signal line only for exits. I believe that the execute line will give us a lot of false signals. I only chose "textbook setups" since that is how I will be trading this system live. I will go through usd/chf, usd/jpy, usd/cad, and eur/jpy, but to me this is sufficient to begin trading this live. I have tried many different methods of trading forex, and I have a good feel of what works. Brilliant system, Igor!!!

A bit off topic but can sb recommend a good MT4 broker. I have been using forex.com, but they don't support MT4.

I will try to post the rest of the 6 pairs before the market opens.

Files:

Times are GMT+3 hrs, or CET+1hr. I used STS Finance platform, which is a Bulgarian based broker. It would be the time of the Alpari platform +1hr.

I close all trades at 11 a.m. NY time because I believe that most of the time there will be no life left in the market after that time.

Net profit is +93 for long positions, and +328 for short positions for a total of +421 net profit. The column that says 268 doesn't sum all of the rows for short trades, sorry overlooked that.

Do you look for confirmation on the 5-min chart ?

THANK YOU IGOR, for posting the method and for you excellent seminar (basicTSR.wma).

Are there any special instructions for entries after financial data release?

Would you have shorted the cable on Friday October 6th 2006 at 10:00 EST (16:00 CET) ?

Do you look for confirmation on the 5-min chart, if the action is not crystal clear on the 15 min chart ??

regards,

Unicorn

Files:
bpz6.jpg  111 kb
bpz6-5min.jpg  86 kb

unicorn:
THANK YOU IGOR, for posting the method and for you excellent seminar (basicTSR.wma).

Are there any special instructions for entries after financial data release?

Would you have shorted the cable on Friday October 6th 2006 at 10:00 EST (16:00 CET) ?

Do you look for confirmation on the 5-min chart, if the action is not crystal clear on the 15 min chart ??

regards,

Unicorn

I would not have taken that trade fryday.

As I said many times in the chat room : price is the most important indicator. If we see price going al over the place it is not clear what the trend is so we stay away from it.

On 5 minutes there was indeed a nice set up at the 15.50cet time but then the reward risk of 3 was not there anymore because price travelled to much that day so leaving not enough on the table for some more theoretical potential move.

One can look to 5min charts or trade from it but on long term you would se that the trading cost will eat the profit...

regards...iGoR

4 pairs backtest

Here are my results from Sep 1 till now. The backtest is as objective as it can be. I backtested eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/chf, usd/cad. 4 pairs made 640 pips in 5 weeks. I am sure the trading system will work with any currency pair. Please use 15 min charts. I have taken the most conservative approach and it would have still made money.

Good Luck!!!!

Files:

mpower:
Here are my results from Sep 1 till now. The backtest is as objective as it can be. I backtested eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/chf, usd/cad. 4 pairs made 640 pips in 5 weeks. I am sure the trading system will work with any currency pair. Please use 15 min charts. I have taken the most conservative approach and it would have still made money. Good Luck!!!!

Hi mpower,

THANK YOU for you the effort and time.

But there is something that I do not understand. What is your exit strategy?..

Is it the execute line ? Is it the signal Line ?...Or is it both ?

Because I see every time 2 colloms in your caluclations exit 1 and exit 2. But I never see a value in the 2nd collom.

reagards..iGoR

exit strategy

Sorry for the confusion. I use the signal line only for exits. I love the great moves that it gives us on a regular basis. I just used an excel spreadsheet that somebody posted in this thread. That is why it has two columns--the idea was to trade two lots and use both the signal and execute line. I have decided to use only the signal line in my trading.

Reason: