Universal MA Cross EA - page 67

UniversalMACross EA - Not MTF and Set MinDistance=0

psmith:
With this ea can someone help me get ride of the timeframe setting and the minuimum distance between the ma's to enter trades? it's set to 5 right now! please and thank you.

Hi Psmith,

The Timeframe setting is default for whatever chart you are using. It does use "Trade Hours" that you can set or disable, but this EA is not MTF.

Minimum Distance - depending on which UniversalMACross version you are using...most have Minimum Distance as a User Input. Just set it to zero (0). If the version you are using does not, find the version that does or go into the code and change MinDist to zero and recompile.

Hope this helps,

Robert

UniversalMACross EA - With Breakeven

hessel1990:
I tried the universal MA cross 1.3.1, but couldn't get the breakeven option to work properly. Please, could someone update this wonderful EA with the described breakeven options? I would be very, very grateful..Thanks in advance,Hessel

Hi Hessel,

I don't know the settings you used, but the Breakeven function looks like it's working fine.

Try EurUsd H1 with the following settings to test the Breakeven:

SL = 500

TP = 100

Breakeven = 4

Trailing Stop Type = 1

Trailing Stop = 10

The Breakeven should kick in at 4 pips and the TS takes over at 10 pips.

First run the Strategy Tester to find a few dates that have some good trades and use those dates to test the Breakeven function.

Then re-run the Strategy Tester in SLOW MOTION...and watch the Breakeven trigger first, then the TS sets and takes over.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Could someone code a additional ''lock-in x profits'' function?

WhenPriceMoves> - xx pips

SetStopTo - xx pips

This will improve the EA and gives more possibilities to create a profitable strategy with this EA.

Help wanted, Universal MA Cross with Pending Orders and Big Candleno trade) options.

I am Non programer needs help

Respected Seniors, I have a request to add two options in Universal MA.

1- Open Pending Trade option.

2- Don't trade when Signal Candle is bigger[let say 90 pips].

Thanks in advance.

5 digit ecn/stp broker

Hi, I need help to get this ea working on 5 digits broker, ecn/stp, that is what they say they are, Hotforex. My ea is the latest version, 5 digit version. The problem is that the robot would not open any trades at all. Works great on a 4 digit (tadawul fx). I pasted the error message below. I am desperate please help.

Ricardo Aguiar

2011.07.25 08:05:00 universalMACrossEA[5 Dig]-V4 (1) USDCHF,M1: sn Debug on sell: Bid,Slippage,aStopLoss,aTakeProfit 0.80393/50.00000/0.78417/0.80567

2011.07.25 08:14:59 universalMACrossEA[5 Dig]-V4 (1) GBPCHF,M1: Prev : UP - Curr : UP

I get most of this second message, about 99% of times. Thanks

Shinigami:
Hi,

I'm new to this topic so don't bash me please for not reading 50 pages after 1st post

If you download an EA, you put it into experts folder, not experts\indicators

In order for it to show up in the list, you either need to edit and compile *any* EA or indicator in the respective MT4, or simply restart it.

Hope this helps.

As for 5 digits - converting is pretty easy. Write me a PM if topic starter is busy, I'll update his EA. If you post here instead, I might miss the message.

Hi,

Could anybody modify the UniversalMaCrossEAV1.3.1 expert advisor so that it enters a trade only on the breakout of the previous bar in the signal direction and that it doesn't reenter in the same direction if the signal in the other direction was not triggered (but this last thing could be done with MaxOrderTrades I think ;-)).

Files:
example.jpg  25 kb

Problem with backtesting

Hi Guys,

I've got some problems with backtests. Not every cross is the beginning of a new trade despite having ExitOnCross=true and StopandReverse=True.

Did you have problems like that? Please help. It drives me crazy!

Thanks,

Fixy

ECN + 5Digits + Breakeven functionality

Hi Hessel,

Lots of love and effort have been put in to this EA and I clearly see that it has the potential to be profitable. I hate to let it go.

I am working to make this ECN compatible, add auto 5-digit recognition, and test the Breakeven functionality.

I should have the new code shortly.

Until the BE functionality is proved to be working, there is a trade management program out there for free that does the BE and much more.

It is called Multi Purpose Trade Manager MPTM by Steve Hopwood.

I am sure you can easily find it with Google.

I also sent you a PM. Hope you got it.

Cheers,

Bernard

hessel1990:
Hi there, I have been trading and backtesting with moving averages a lot, and my experience is that certain settings will work for a short period. But, when you backtest it from let's say 1999 to 2011, the results are nog very exiting. I came across multiple MA settings on this thread, but each of 'em won't last on the long run I think. . . . . . . .Hessel

stop loss

Guys is it just me or does the stop loss not work properly? set stop los to 150 (5digit) and have some trades losing well over that, like the stop loss just didnt work on some trades, PURESAR is set to false so it should work

ecn/stp broker.

Hi, I need to know if you can send the ea working with hot Forex witch is an ecn/stp broker. The ea takes the trades but only without take profit, stop loss and trailing stop. I will pay you 50 bucks if you have the Universal ea working on Hotforex .com. mt4 platform. I found a guy who can do for 150 but I am on a tight budget, if you cannot what could be below 150? thanks. If I don't find cheaper I will pay him because I like his ea a lot for all the features.

my email is ricgv4@gmail.com and my name is Ricardo Aguiar.

Shinigami:
Hi,

I'm new to this topic so don't bash me please for not reading 50 pages after 1st post

If you download an EA, you put it into experts folder, not experts\indicators

In order for it to show up in the list, you either need to edit and compile *any* EA or indicator in the respective MT4, or simply restart it.

Hope this helps.

As for 5 digits - converting is pretty easy. Write me a PM if topic starter is busy, I'll update his EA. If you post here instead, I might miss the message.
Reason: