Universal MA Cross EA - page 43

gsozfx:
I have optimised H1 USD/CAD and H1 GBP/JPY and trading real-time with good success to date. Backtesting the GBP/JPY turned a $500 account into around $75,000 over a 24-month period, however, drawdown was high. This is an excellent piece of work...a real credit to the author! Just one piece of advise: backtest and re-optimise frequently.

infact big problem for cross ema are big drawdown because many times it takes the worst entry of the trend

gsozfx:
I have optimised H1 USD/CAD and H1 GBP/JPY and trading real-time with good success to date. Backtesting the GBP/JPY turned a $500 account into around $75,000 over a 24-month period, however, drawdown was high. This is an excellent piece of work...a real credit to the author! Just one piece of advise: backtest and re-optimise frequently.

Hi gsozfx

Your backtesting result is very impressive! I am backtesting this EA for a long time but I can't find a good combination. There are too many settings... I would appreciate very much if you could upload your set files.

The orders are not opened at correct cross points

Hi,

I am testing universal MA cross EA on a demo account. My settings are:

Fast MA: 10

Slow MA: 40

Time Frame: 15M

Min Cross Distance: 0

Max Lookup: 0

EMA Type for both EMA's: Exponential

EMA applied to: Close Price

What I am trying to accomplish is simply open an order when two EMA's cross and exit when another cross happens. If you look at the picture attached, you'll see that order is opened almost 30 minutes after the cross.

Any ideas?

Thanks;

--Yarizona

Files:

Yarizona:
Hi,

I am testing universal MA cross EA on a demo account. My settings are:

Fast MA: 10

Slow MA: 40

Time Frame: 15M

Min Cross Distance: 0

Max Lookup: 0

EMA Type for both EMA's: Exponential

EMA applied to: Close Price

What I am trying to accomplish is simply open an order when two EMA's cross and exit when another cross happens. If you look at the picture attached, you'll see that order is opened almost 30 minutes after the cross.

Any ideas?

Thanks;

--Yarizona

Hi Yarizona,

There's a parameter in the EA called "Confirmed on entry". If set to TRUE, the trade will be entered on the bar following the cross. If set to FALSE, the trade will be taken immediately when a cross happens.

So my guess is you're trading the 30 mins and have the parameter set to true. So that's why trades are taken on the next 30 min bar.

Otherwise, check the Experts and Journal tabs after you get a signal (alarm bell + pop-up window) if no trade is taken. There, you'll see if there are any error messages. Also, a log is created each day of all activity and stored on your computer. You might want to have a look at this file to check for any anomaly.

Hope this helps,

Ms_Mel

Ms_Mel:
Hi Yarizona,

There's a parameter in the EA called "Confirmed on entry". If set to TRUE, the trade will be entered on the bar following the cross. If set to FALSE, the trade will be taken immediately when a cross happens.

So my guess is you're trading the 30 mins and have the parameter set to true. So that's why trades are taken on the next 30 min bar.

Otherwise, check the Experts and Journal tabs after you get a signal (alarm bell + pop-up window) if no trade is taken. There, you'll see if there are any error messages. Also, a log is created each day of all activity and stored on your computer. You might want to have a look at this file to check for any anomaly.

Hope this helps,

Ms_Mel

Thanks Ms_Mel,

I was trading in M15 time frame, but ConfirmedOnEntry parameter was set to true as you guessed. I set it to FALSE now, we'll wait and see.

Cheers;

--Yarizona

ok...i understood why this ea could be very good

Breakeven point or move stop once feature

I've gone thought the settings and don't see a breakeven point or a movestop once feature. This would be a nice filter to stop bad trades when the trailing stop is not in use. Marty

MaxOpenTrade

Is anyone else having a problem with the Maxopen trade option not kicking in. I have the settings as required to open more than one trade but it only does the single trade. Thanks Marty

finding an good back-test

gsozfx:

HI GSOZFX! i'm a forex-learner and i've tried and tried again to have an acceptable backtest with this ea. i've used all pairs, all time-frame changing parameters of this great ea. Great because it is complete, but i'm not able to use is better. you say that you use this ea in real and it is a good notice for me. can you do a present to us and post the set file of your optimization?

thanks you.

please help me to use successfully this EA.

Finding a good back-test...

Hi GSOXFX, can you post here your optimizations of this ea?

i've tried and tried again to have a good back-test but without results.

that you use it in real for me is a very very good notice.

Reguards, Andrea

Reason: