The "XO"-Method......... - page 21

Yes the ZZ 4 TF XO is excellent and since I started trying this system thats all I used. However you cant set it to 5/7 15/7 30/7 60/5 240/5 at the same time, appears to be only 7 or 5? Either way it is excellent Im wondering what experiences people have had live trading this, currency pairs and when to exit/take profits etc? Do you only take the trade if got all the signals AND CCI is crossing over the zero line from one side to the other? Or would u still take the trade if CCI was just moving/pointing in the correct direction (up/down) without having crossed over the zero line. If you've exited after taking some profits from a trade, would u join it again if had another ASC signal and CCI was pointing up/down and all bars were green/red? Just been trying it for a few days and still obviously need much more hands on until I get the feel of it all Thx to everyone for all the help, indicators and everything found in this thread. Was a very helpful read.

Hi,

I installed the new indicator and it's gray, not active on any of my MT4 applicatiions. Any suggestions? I've already re-started all of them, so it's not that.

moneyline

creztor:
Yes the ZZ 4 TF XO is excellent and since I started trying this system thats all I used. However you cant set it to 5/7 15/7 30/7 60/5 240/5 at the same time, appears to be only 7 or 5?

Creztor,

I updated the indicator - probably after you downloaded it - so that you can set the KirPER differently for each TimeFrame. Please download it again and it should work.

I am also updating it now with the correct default settings from ValeoFX (60/5 ; 30/7 ; 15/7 ; 5/7). I don't want to put a new one here because that get's confusing. Just get it from post 192.

Thanks.

Combined Indicator

Thanks to VideoJ. He created this indicator and posted it on the SBFX thread. It combines the 4 XO TF's into one window.

EDIT: Just ignore the middle indicator on the picture. I am working on an XO substitute that is a little more reactive. If it pans out I will post.

EDIT: Updated the screenshot and indicator.

HI,

Do you have any idea why it doesn't work in my copies of MT4?

Thanks!

moneyline

moneyline:
HI,

Do you have any idea why it doesn't work in my copies of MT4?

Thanks!

moneyline

As long as you have the original XO.mq4 compiled it should work. Other than that I don't know.

Yeah,

The origina is compiled and working.

moneyline

HoggZilla:
Creztor,

I updated the indicator - probably after you downloaded it - so that you can set the KirPER differently for each TimeFrame. Please download it again and it should work.

I am also updating it now with the correct default settings from ValeoFX (60/5 ; 30/7 ; 15/7 ; 5/7). I don't want to put a new one here because that get's confusing. Just get it from post 192.

Thanks.

My bad sorry about that HoggZill, you were right I got the updated and can now see where to make the changes. Many thanks! Back to testing I go.

What Id like to know is what entry/exit ppl are using? Yes I know 4 bars means entry/exit however Ive tried that on many different pairs and end up getting burnt. Anyone willing to share in detail how they use this system?

Here is the updated indicator which shows the 5th TF. I have it set at 240/5. What ever the 240 (4HR) is doing it will be reflected by a line all the way to 5 or -5. Hope this helps.

Files:
xo_5.mq4  6 kb
Reason: