The "XO"-Method......... - page 28

KaMpeR:
There was no reason for you to exit then! Simple rule is wait for 2 bars to change before exiting. You can also try adding some other indicators that you are familiar with or try some of the exit strategies discussed on this thread and throughout the forum. Enjoy, it's a great little toy.

Thanks KaMpeR, I missed your reply. Thank you again for replying when I am not around.

mart-hart:
Cajun,

CCI hitting 250 is not a good exit (I think it is in this thread somewhere)

As CCI is still very much in play, as you have seen.

It's not a good time to enter a trade if the CCI is in that area though.

The 2 bar rule works fine or a 34 ema and if you start getting close's above it.

Martin

Martin, I think he is using the wrong CCI firstly and secondly, probably does not understand the 250 / 350-level exit properly.

mart-hart:
No, 34 ema works on all time frames.

Just watch price bounce off it and when its flat no trades.

89 is another classic.

Martin

Martin, 89 on what T/F? and why would you use it, please?

Same again works on all time frames with the 34.

Moving S & R also angle and separation from 34 ma and price.

They make a lovley pair

Martin

Perky:
no please go ahead and post your mods just remember to put a version number on it

good work

I mean mine was a hack of someone elses code as some of you code readers can tell

we are all in this together

just thought with it on one panel we have more chart room

Thanks Perky and yes it is very effective now. I am running it on my 15m chart and will report back. (New version attached - please note that I have added the "-4H" to the name for my convenience, so please change it back to ZZ_Super_XO_v.1 if you wish.

Files:

criss73:
hey valeo, i found this on strategybuilder forum. what do you think?

I just looked at it, but my honest opinion is that Perky's is far better. I have posted his in the previous post. Try it and tell me whether you agree or not.

Best wishes.

Do we know if we can backtest the XO 5 yet?

Also, what about backtesting the just released Super XO? Thanks.

AscTrend1sig_noSound setting............

It occurred to me while being whipsawed to death, to change the "RISK" from the default 3 to 5!!

It made an enormous difference and I would like you to try it out and kindly report back by end of next week. Thanking you in advance.

Best wishes, always.

ValeoFX:
Thanks Perky and yes it is very effective now. I am running it on my 15m chart and will report back. (New version attached - please note that I have added the "-4H" to the name for my convenience, so please change it back to ZZ_Super_XO_v.1 if you wish.

ValeoFX,first,thank you for your good systom! i have used it 2 weeks on demo.it seems well . and now i have a Q .how to take the "ZZ_Super_XO_v.1" into 5m charts? thanks

XO System

Hi,

For the sake of all new traders to this system, do we now use the XO5 or the new superXO, with 35ema?

Thanks

Reason: