Profit Generator EA results - page 8

Shahzadfx:
I have less believe testing this ea on demo feed. They may manipulate it to disrupt ea settings. Owing to this, I had an account inactive for couple of months now I awake it, I just put very very micro amount in it. I can say super mini micro a/c only 3 bucks and running this ea on live feed. Until now going good will post results sometime later on.

Good step, I think your results would be worth to watch, can you please tell me what setting you are testing and which pairs? I believe forward testing with demo and live will have different results, bz this EA runs on price movement and mostly demo accounts are feeding less ticks then live.

laserjet:
Good step, I think your results would be worth to watch, can you please tell me what setting you are testing and which pairs? I believe forward testing with demo and live will have different results, bz this EA runs on price movement and mostly demo accounts are feeding less ticks then live.

I am using same given by holyguy, three majors except jpy, enclosing preset.

I think couple of us should do the same thing, many ppl had experences different results with the same ea on demo and live a/cs. Therefore, to optimize our testing we should do one step ahead to run our eas on live feed.

My 2 cents.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:
upload.rar  1 kb

Shahzadfx:
I am using same given by holyguy, three majors except jpy, enclosing preset.

I think couple of us should do the same thing, many ppl had experences different results with the same ea on demo and live a/cs. Therefore, to optimize our testing we should do one step ahead to run our eas on live feed.

My 2 cents.

Rgds,

SFX

SFX, I would like to test live also, but not with big money, how you manage to run live with so less amount and not using real money also. if you don't mind which broker you are using ?

sampson:
I can pretty much make up a system to do this before the end of the day, but I want to hear from holyguy7 first, just out of respect (and to get his thoughts on what should be included).

Sampson,

Sound very good. I don't have access anymore to webspace since I quit my last job. Sounds good. We all appreciate you and others pitching in to help in this great project. If you can work on the site and then give each user who wants to post statements perhaps sub-domains or however you do it, that would be great.

laserjet:
SFX, I would like to test live also, but not with big money, how you manage to run live with so less amount and not using real money also. if you don't mind which broker you are using ?

Once you open live a/c with any broker you can put any amount in it. I always have one micro mini a/c for eas and my experiments. Blowing couple of mini a/cs in forex world is part of the game . However, I had it couple of months ago I blow it using it for different eas with different settings. I always try to put some money in it time to time. This is interbank, with .01 lot.

A lot of good ideas but

I personally don't care if I contribute a few bucks to something and others benefit from it for free. I just want to promote the idea that we are not making any progress with this thing given the nature of our data feeds. Plus, I think efficiency should be a concern. This thread will lose steam. Everything does, and I still feel some backtests using reliable data would give a 90% idea of whether or not this program could be left to run and actually generate a profit. Obviously, we are all very curious if it could. This idea of forums and such probably won't work unless everyone is running the EA with actual market tick data. Why have a couple of dozen people commiting time and resources on a daily basis to something that cannot reflect objective reality.

I still believe reliable backtesting should be done at a minimal cost to users faithfully experimenting with the EA before a forum like that is created. Or whether or not it should be created. If we get reliable backtesting data then maybe a group could foward test using the proven settings on real micro accounts and post that. Finding a better way to organize garbage doesn't make it a commodity. The biggest problem with this or any EA is that it buys or sells into S/R levels creating many losers. Just plot the fibo-pivot indicator on your chats and you'll see it all day long. Unless that can be worked into the EA then it cannot run on it's own and be profitable. None of them can.

Shahzadfx:
Once you open live a/c with any broker you can put any amount in it. I always have one micro mini a/c for eas and my experiments. Blowing couple of mini a/cs in forex world is part of the game . However, I had it couple of months ago I blow it using it for different eas with different settings. I always try to put some money in it time to time. This is interbank, with .01 lot.

Shahzadfx,

You make a good point here and I agree with you. I keep a mini account with interbankfx that I have traded micro lots on from time to time to get a better feel for different EAs. Maybe next week I will set up PG with micro-lots. You won't risk much if you're only playing with dime pips and it will make the testing more realistic. I'll post results after running it live for a few days.

Shahzadfx:
I have less believe testing this ea on demo feed. They may manipulate it to disrupt ea settings. Owing to this, I had an account inactive for couple of months now I awake it, I just put very very micro amount in it. I can say super mini micro a/c only 3 bucks and running this ea on live feed. Until now going good will post results sometime later on.

This is why I started my live trading with a mini account. More agressive than yours but the same idea. Nobody is gonna get rich trading 1 lot of minis with this EA, but it's a good way to test the waters before going more agressive.

The account I'm live with has 5K in it so once I'm more confident in the EA, I can ramp up the lots to 10 and turn it into a "standard" account.

regarding volatility

Profit-Generator is only making money in markets with average volatility. If things get crazy, we lose. If things stagnate, we lose. Sure, after a big news announcement we see prices shooting through pivot points and maybe two or three S/R levels within 30 minutes. That's forex. No EA with the type of entry logic PG uses should be running in extreme volatilty like we had this morning. Now, trading is very thin because of passover and good friday coming up. So, good judgement about when to have an EA running, even if it's the holy-grail will always need to be used. I do feel programming some logic about the fibo-pivots will improve profitability a lot. Forex is very picky about those levels. Unfortunately, the EA logic enters a trade, a buy for example, just five pips away from the nearest resistence level. Always a loser. Reverse likewise. That should be addressed if possible. Optimizing for the strength of good entries during average volatility should be looked at. If we suspect high volatilty, it should be turned off.

Here is my statement from Day 1 of live trading. Bad day to start live huh?

Reason: