Profit Generator EA results - page 11

holyguy7:
Mike,

I am interested in hearing your idea. I know that it seems like the two indicators that are there now don't help much, but if you have an idea of one that will help. Basically, I have noticed that the EA is kind of a counter trend EA so that is why EMA does not help (accually hinders it). Same it true with Stochastic.

However, There must be something out there that can help and if anyone does have any suggestions that will truly confirm the signal then that would be wonderful.

Tell me if I am wrong here as well, but take a look at your chart after you are done testing the h1 settings, move it to M15 or lower tf to see where the order was places and how the orders have developed. Basically we need to have the mindset that we are looking for (context of long pos) a quick run up then a significant retracement followed by a return to the upward direction. These are the moves that PG capitalizes on. Think of why this doesn't work so well in higher TF. The price does not tend to have the same noise as in lower tf. When the price peaks up then retraces down it tends to remain down. The higher the TF the more inertia it has. Take a look at the charts.

Files:
sm_tf.jpg  78 kb
bg_tf.jpg  153 kb

I'll work with that, thanks for sharing! Goldensight

holyguy7:
What Reverse does is this: Say you found some settings that really were $$$ losers. The reverse does just that, reverses the trades so that you can start capitalizing on those trades. It makes all the buys, sells and all the sells, buys. I hope that helps.

I have the basic statement managment system done: http://semipixel.com/pg/

So go ahead and give it a try, if you run into any bugs let me know and I'll get them fixed ASAP. I'll be adding the ability to edit/delete statements soon, but it should work fine as-is for now.

sampson:
I have the basic statement managment system done: http://semipixel.com/pg/ So go ahead and give it a try, if you run into any bugs let me know and I'll get them fixed ASAP. I'll be adding the ability to edit/delete statements soon, but it should work fine as-is for now.

...wow... HomeRun sampson!!! what a great job! Thank you very much! Are you willing to use this for other EA's as well?

sampson:
I have the basic statement managment system done: http://semipixel.com/pg/ So go ahead and give it a try, if you run into any bugs let me know and I'll get them fixed ASAP. I'll be adding the ability to edit/delete statements soon, but it should work fine as-is for now.

This is fantastic sampson! What a great way to organize statements. And once a user can edit/delete their statements, it will be easy for that person to update a statement periodically if they keep running it. Well done!

Question about the repository... I am not familiar with web 'stuff', but i was wondering... when we fill out the form to upload a statement, can the system automatically create a unique folder for us to publish our statements to... like thehobbyshop.com? For example, I sign on to the site> upload new statement> fill out details about the settings> then submit the info. The system then returns the unique folder to where those statements can be published, then we use MT to pub with the user and password to your site to ftp and auto update. I am kind of going on and on here, but is that posible?

sampson:

Good stuff man...Can you put an option where we could download the statement too?

Right now, I right click>save as and I get a php file, not the statement itself.

I will be uploading my statement soon.

Thanks

Sada

Nicholishen:
Question about the repository... I am not familiar with web 'stuff', but i was wondering... when we fill out the form to upload a statement, can the system automatically create a unique folder for us to publish our statements to... like thehobbyshop.com? For example, I sign on to the site> upload new statement> fill out details about the settings> then submit the info. The system then returns the unique folder to where those statements can be published, then we use MT to pub with the user and password to your site to ftp and auto update. I am kind of going on and on here, but is that posible?

That was exactly my question. Anyway we can have our Metatrader automatically update the statements via the FTP built into Metatrader 4 every 15 minutes or so. That way we can see progress every 15 minutes. I believe that would be the best way of going with this. However, I like what you did with everything else, just trying to make it even better.

I just posted a couple of my demo statements on sampson's statement control panel. I need to delete the first one b/c I posted the wrong attachment. So I reposted it correctly. You can see the results, I am done with the H4 timeframe and I will continue to let my successful H1 demo run with the unorthodox settings of no TP or SL since it has been doing fairly well.

I will update the statements periodically once that feature is added. Or if we can set it up to auto-update every 15 minutes through the ftp, that would be amazing! But either way, I think this will really help people see different settings and what they can do. I hope that people contribute by posting their statements rather than just looking at everyone else's work and not contributing. Let's all help each other! That's why this forum was started!

Just uploaded 2 statements

The live account I started yesterday and a demo account I ran with various settings (and even versions of PG) since 3/31. The demo accountis not real instructive other than to show the potential of PG. That account has almost doubled since 3/31!

Reason: