Profit Generator EA results - page 7

Count me in. I think if we could devise a system to have testing groups, server space, or whatever people think would be the best way to monitor forward testing, we could really make good progress with the forward testing.

In the future, I would even be willing to post my live account with a read-only password so that people could see that as well (although I will do a bit more forward testing before I get there).

I can pretty much make up a system to do this before the end of the day, but I want to hear from holyguy7 first, just out of respect (and to get his thoughts on what should be included).

sampson:
So if you guys would be interested I'd be happy to set up some kind of custom PHP application to manage it, you can still keep the discusion here, but put the data separately.

This sounds like a good idea. As a discussion forum, TSD is tops and it would be nice to stay here and continue to use it for that purpose. Maybe just organizing the data separately would be a good way to go. What's one more bookmark!

sampson:
I just wanted to let you know if you're looking for someone to put together a website I'd be happy to help. My company is www.semipixel.com (not to promote, just letting you know I know what I'm talking about), so I can donate server space and make up a design or whatnot.

I can make up a system to organize statements and have user accounts and everything.

I'm new to the forum but I've been toying with Forex for a while, so I'd like to give back, and this EA looks promising. Let me know if you'd be interested and we can get in touch.

sampson, I checked out your website, and you have a pretty impressive portfolio. I am curious, what do you have in mind for a solution?

TraderGeek:
6 losers in a row. Open trades are 1 loser, 1 winner. I'm just trading 1 lot on a mini so not a huge deal yet .... but that's more consecutive losers than I saw the entire time demo'ing.

Also, I pulled USDJPY based on holyguy's comments above. So I'm just running the EA on EURUSD, GPBUSD, USCHF, all on H1 TF.

We'll see how the day plays out.

These are my observations as well. I manually closed a few losers, however quite a bad day for PG it would seem... a great day to go live with 3lot positions. =)

Nicholishen:
sampson, I checked out your website, and you have a pretty impressive portfolio. I am curious, what do you have in mind for a solution?

Thanks, I just had something pretty simple in mind, not a full fledged site or anything (at this point in time anyway), the point is just to organize the results in a more usable manner.

My thoughts were to create a sign up, you'd enter a username, password, email. You would be then able to login with that and you would be shown a page that has form asking for the start and end date of the statement, the profit/loss in pips, what pair(s), if it was forward or back test, what TP/SL/LongBar and chart period you used, broker, version, and a comment. It would also have a feild were it asks you to upload the statement (which would work like the attachment feature here), and the same for your settings file (optional), and an image (optional).

There would then be a page listing the statements, which you could filter in different ways (show only statements from certian users, only profitable, only form certian brokers, periods, etc.). You also wouldn't have to download a zip or the HTML file to view it (my biggest problem with using the forum), it would simply be shown in your brower when you click the link instead.

Quick, simple, and efficient.

sampson:
I've tried the elite section, and the biggest problem it has, along with threads like this, is that there's no good way to organize that data. It's really hard to follow what's going on, what settings everyones using, the version, if it's a back test or forward test, etc. etc. So if you guys would be interested I'd be happy to set up some kind of custom PHP application to manage it, you can still keep the discusion here, but put the data separately.

I agree with that. Keep the discussion here about developpment of the EA but we could organize the data results differently.

EAs (not only PG) have a perculiar tendancy to have different results on different datafeed. I just want to motivate people to try other settings and post their statement from different brokers.

In the new site, why not make a rule that if you don't post any statement, you are not allowed to enter and see how others are progressing.

Again, I would like to stress that if we become a closed "member only group" we could miss out on a lot of good opportunities. But if we are semi-closed "give first and take later group" then I am ok with that.

The main goal is to participate more.

BTW, someone mentioned that the reason why people don't participate in Forward & backtesting EA more often is because we are "overestimating"their ability to know what to do. Well we could have a "how to" on how to attach EA,change settings etc,,, in this site or in another site then nobody would have any excuses to give.

Sada

Just to add, I'll be forward testing this on a demo (for the now anyway) on 5 pairs with 1 hour charts and TP 40 and SL of 30, using obsolete = true and 30 mins, default settings otherwise.

And on 5 pairs with 1 hour charts, default settings, but a TP of 10 and a SL of 30, just to see what happens. Looks interesting in backtesting, but I have a feeling the results will be worse forward.

Sure, that's not a problem to do. It's pretty easy to have to set it up so each user has to be activated before they can view the statements.

Once I hear from holyguy7 I'll start putting something together, should only take a day to get a basic system up.

sadaloma:
I agree with that. Keep the discussion here about developpment of the EA but we could organize the data results differently.

EAs (not only PG) have a perculiar tendancy to have different results on different datafeed. I just want to motivate people to try other settings and post their statement from different brokers.

In the new site, why not make a rule that if you don't post any statement, you are not allowed to enter and see how others are progressing.

Again, I would like to stress that if we become a closed "member only group" we could miss out on a lot of good opportunities. But if we are semi-closed "give first and take later group" then I am ok with that.

The main goal is to participate more.

BTW, someone mentioned that the reason why people don't participate in Forward & backtesting EA more often is because we are "overestimating"their ability to know what to do. Well we could have a "how to" on how to attach EA,change settings etc,,, in this site or in another site then nobody would have any excuses to give.

Sada

I have less believe testing this ea on demo feed. They may manipulate it to disrupt ea settings. Owing to this, I had an account inactive for couple of months now I awake it, I just put very very micro amount in it. I can say super mini micro a/c only 3 bucks and running this ea on live feed. Until now going good will post results sometime later on.

Reason: