Profit Generator EA results - page 6

Nebula:
Hi,

I hear what you are saying, it is understandable that your hard work should pay off for you and not to others who have not contributed. I do think it is unlikely many people who do not find interest in helping test will use this EA when completed testing because they will not have confidence in it. Also if they are not testing because of lack of technical ability, then they would not have technical ability to run the EA and all the things that go along with running an automated system. It is much harder than just downloading a profitable EA.

I think possibly an issue with the low number of people involved in testing this EA is that few forex traders are familiar with trading based on price action alone, and that aspect of PG makes it seem a bit hard to grasp how it is working. Also there has been alot of tweaking to get profitable results and even then at later time those settings are no longer being profitable. So, much patience is necessary.

I have been watching this thread with interest. I have no idea how to run an EA or do any testing either forward or backtesting. I have no idea how to edit an EA or indicator to change settings or anything. Yet I would be highly interested in using an automated method. I should take the time to learn these skills so I may contribute to something that shows promise. I believe if you hide this thread for yourselves because you don't want someone to get something for nothing that you are both overestimating the ability of people to use an EA to trade live, and underestimating the possiblity of an unknown person giving you help or insight that otherwise you would never know.

My 2 cents :-)

~Nebula

No hard feelings, but this is Open Source! I think it's important to keep this EA in public so everyone can use it and give their opinion. That's the power of Open Source!! Please don't take this powerful EA to the Elite Section ( I don't like the word Elite).

Hendrick:
No hard feelings, but this is Open Source! I think it's important to keep this EA in public so everyone can use it and give their opinion. That's the power of Open Source!! Please don't take this powerful EA to the Elite Section ( I don't like the word Elite).

I just got off the phone with the owner of large IB firm in the US., and he is willing to build a server specifically to dedicate resources for testing EA's. He also said that we are free to use his forum, and can create work groups for testers who want to work and optimize projects, yet have control over the 'traffic'. ...etc.

Anyone interested... especially in the server resources, please PM me.

Nicholishen:
I just got off the phone with the owner of large IB firm in the US., and he is willing to build a server specifically to dedicate resources for testing EA's. He also said that we are free to use his forum, and can create work groups for testers who want to work and optimize projects, yet have control over the 'traffic'. ...etc. Anyone interested... especially in the server resources, please PM me.

Nich, I really think we may be onto something. Here is another idea that we might want to see if we can get going. Would this "owner" be willing to give us some webspace so that we can upload our statements so that we can all see the progress of the EAs. It would be great to see if everyone can get some webspace and we can watch to see how the different settings and statements are progressing.

Just another thought to make it even better.

This would be another way to look to make sure we were not duplicating settings and we can view others statements as well.

holyguy7:
Nich, I really think we may be onto something. Here is another idea that we might want to see if we can get going. Would this "owner" be willing to give us some webspace so that we can upload our statements so that we can all see the progress of the EAs. It would be great to see if everyone can get some webspace and we can watch to see how the different settings and statements are progressing.

Just another thought to make it even better.

This would be another way to look to make sure we were not duplicating settings and we can view others statements as well.

He says absolutely Yes! We just need to figure out the logistics, and we have a great solution!

Nicholishen:
I just got off the phone with the owner of large IB firm in the US., and he is willing to build a server specifically to dedicate resources for testing EA's. He also said that we are free to use his forum, and can create work groups for testers who want to work and optimize projects, yet have control over the 'traffic'. ...etc. Anyone interested... especially in the server resources, please PM me.

Great.

Nicholishen:
He says absolutely Yes! We just need to figure out the logistics, and we have a great solution!

OK, we just need one person that upkeeps a "homepage" that has links to all the sub-accounts (statements of different users that have uploaded their statements). The home page should have all the settings that differ from the default settings of the EA.

I can create a "rudimentary" homepage but I am not too good of a web designer. It won't have a lot of bells and whistles but will get the job done.

I just wanted to let you know if you're looking for someone to put together a website I'd be happy to help. My company is www.semipixel.com (not to promote, just letting you know I know what I'm talking about), so I can donate server space and make up a design or whatnot.

I can make up a system to organize statements and have user accounts and everything.

I'm new to the forum but I've been toying with Forex for a while, so I'd like to give back, and this EA looks promising. Let me know if you'd be interested and we can get in touch.

Nicholishen:

Way to go...

Nicholishen:
Let's not use the elite section because not all of the people who are helping have subscriptions. Instead, we should start an fx group on yahoo or msn...

Why move away from TSD... Why not TSD provide a member only section for PG and PG developers/testers?

Cheers,

I've tried the elite section, and the biggest problem it has, along with threads like this, is that there's no good way to organize that data. It's really hard to follow what's going on, what settings everyones using, the version, if it's a back test or forward test, etc. etc.

So if you guys would be interested I'd be happy to set up some kind of custom PHP application to manage it, you can still keep the discusion here, but put the data separately.

Reason: