Profit Generator EA results

Hi,

I am going to put here the forward test statements and settings in preset files of PG for simplicity and easy access.

I use PG v2.6 on H1,M15,D1 with tp20 and tp40.

The test was conducted on 2 brokers: Alpari and MIG

Warning: don't compare the final results between brokers. I use more pairs on MIG. My criteria is to choose ALL currencies with less then 5 pips spread.

2nd Warning: not all platforms was started at the same time.

All presets are in the zip file but you'll see that the only setting I change is the longbar and tp. MIG and Alpari preset file with the same timeframe and TP are actually the same.

H1 seems to be working better at the moment. Time will tell...

Sada

Hello Sadaloma,

You made very well take again this section in its initial function.

I hope that the other testers will make in the same way.

sadaloma:
Hi,

I am going to put here the forward test statements and settings in preset files of PG for simplicity and easy access.

I use PG v2.6 on H1,M15,D1 with tp20 and tp40.

The test was conducted on 2 brokers: Alpari and MIG

Warning: don't compare the final results between brokers. I use more pairs on MIG. My criteria is to choose ALL currencies with less then 5 pips spread.

2nd Warning: not all platforms was started at the same time.

All presets are in the zip file but you'll see that the only setting I change is the longbar and tp. MIG and Alpari preset file with the same timeframe and TP are actually the same.

H1 seems to be working better at the moment. Time will tell...

Sada

Thanks Sada for the great results and the posts. I am really excited about the new feature just added (Obsolete Method). I believe with your presets with that implimented, it could be even more profitable. I shall post my statements soon. I got a late start this week because the demo server that I use was not working until Tuesday (Wed. Night), so I only have a day so far on the statements.

Can I ask you a favor, could you categorize the statements according to Currency Pairs next time you post. That way we all can easily see the ones that are doing good and the ones that we might want to consider getting rid of.

Thanks.

holyguy7:
Thanks Sada for the great results and the posts. I am really excited about the new feature just added (Obsolete Method). I believe with your presets with that implimented, it could be even more profitable. I shall post my statements soon. I got a late start this week because the demo server that I use was not working until Tuesday (Wed. Night), so I only have a day so far on the statements.

Can I ask you a favor, could you categorize the statements according to Currency Pairs next time you post. That way we all can easily see the ones that are doing good and the ones that we might want to consider getting rid of.

Thanks.

There are 11 pairs of currency (13 for mig ...i think) that are being tested.

I use mt4report tool that can be found in the link below to give me quick reports on each currencies by pip,drawdown, $ profit and of course the option to export another statement in html. There is also the possibility to choose them by group currencies (holding the crtl key and left clicking on the currencies you want to group)

I could put the results of the best 5 currencies of the week per platform if people want me to or they could download the statements and analyse themselves with mt4report.exe - it's easy,it's fast and it rocks!

mt4report statement analyser:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

sada

hi holyguy,

Are you using the latest version of PG 3.2.2 ? What's the best

settings which I can help to test too ? Use on H1 ?

Thanks

AeonFX:
hi holyguy,

Are you using the latest version of PG 3.2.2 ? What's the best

settings which I can help to test too ? Use on H1 ?

Thanks

Yes, I am using the latest version. I encourage everyone to use the latest version. The Obsolete Feature IMHO is a "must have" for this EA and reduced the risk and increases the profitablity. I used it on this instance and so far, no lost trades.

Settings are detailed in the Backtesting statement if you want to see it at work for yourself.

Another Statement

Here is another one I started a couple days ago. Been doing alright so far. I got a late start this week with my demo accounts because the demo server I was using for some reason was not working and I lost 2.5 days this week of trading.

This statement is very simple, Everything set to default except:

TF: H1

TP: 80

SL: 30

UseObsoleteMethod: True

ObsoleteMinutes: 30

If you notice, the AUDUSD and USDCAD have been big losers. I will continue to test them, but without their "help" the statement would have looked much better.

Files:

Eurusd H1 Sl30 Tp40

Here is a statement on the EURUSD started this week. Seems to be doing ok. We shall see how it continues. By the way, it is reacting similarly to the backtests so that is all good.

UPDATE

Well, looks like the non-farm payroll news gave me my first stoploss. I can live with that though. Still behaving itself and giving decent profits.

My statement v3.2.2 H4 eur,gbp,chf TP 80 SL 50

Files:
statement.htm  8 kb

Please read.

There are so many man hours going into this EA and we all see it has potential. Yes, we need to work smarter - not harder. Here is what I propose. If Nich is willing, we could have a group of 10 or more of us each send him $10.00 to $20.00 via paypal. Tradestation is about $200.00 for a month. I've used it. You can cancel before your renewal with no obligation. We could give Nich a month with the platform and the code and see what some "real" backtests tell us. Tradestation is the best tool for backtesting. Period. Of course, Nich will have to be interested in doing this. I only pick him because he has been the programmer on the project and doing a great job. We could give a 3 day window for all paypal $$ to be sent to him and at the end of three days, if he has enough for a month plus some $$ for his time then great. If not enough for one month then we'll extend the paypal timeframe.

If you think about all the time we're collectively investing on this and that we have inadequate tools to draw any real conclusions then I think you will agree that $10.00 or so is better then the road we're going down.

holyguy7:
Here is a statement on the EURUSD started this week. Seems to be doing ok. We shall see how it continues. By the way, it is reacting similarly to the backtests so that is all good.

UPDATE

Well, looks like the non-farm payroll news gave me my first stoploss. I can live with that though. Still behaving itself and giving decent profits.

Holyguy,

I see you used MM on your foward test. What was it 20 activate, take pips 10?

Reason: