Profit Generator EA results - page 15

mike4X:
Sampson, I don't think that is correct.

If you are trading 1 lot on EUR-JPY and go long and price moves up 3 pips, you gain $30. Nothing is converted into Euros. You are always trading dollars per pip regardless of the currency pair.

Mike4X.

It's only $1/pip or $10/pip when you are dealing with something that is in the form XXXUSD. Here's an explanation from InterbankFX:

A "pip" is the smallest increment in any currency pair. In EURUSD, a movement from 1.0066 to 1.0067 is one pip, so a pip is .0001. In USDJPY, a movement from 120.45 to 120.46 is one pip, so a pip is .01. How much in dollars is this movement worth, for example, per 100,000 Euros in EURUSD? How much is one pip worth per 100,000 Dollars in USDJPY? We will refer to the size, in this case 100,000 units of the base currency, as the "Notional Amount". The formula for calculating a pip value is therefore:

(one pip, with proper decimal placement/currency exchange rate) x (Notional Amount)

Using USDJPY as an example, this yields:

(.01/120.46) x USD100,000 = $8.30

or $8.30 cents per pip

Using EURUSD as an example, we have:

(.0001/1.0066) x EUR100,000 = EUR 9.93

But we want the pip value in USD, so we then must multiply EUR 9.93 x (EURUSD exchange rate):

EUR 9.93 x 1.0066 = $10.00

This is in fact a phenomenon you will see with any currency in which the currency is quoted first (such as EURUSD, GBPUSD, or AUDUSD): the pip value is always $10.00 per 100,000 currency units. This is why pip (or "tick") values in currency futures, where the currency is quoted first, are always fixed.

Approximate pip values for the major currencies are as follows, per 100,000 units of the base currency:

USD/JPY: 1 pip = $8.30; In other words a change from 120.45 to 120.46 is worth about $8.30 per $100,000.

EUR/USD: 1 pip = $10.00; 1.0066 to 1.0067 is worth $10.00 per 100,000 Euros.

GBP/USD: 1 pip = $10.00; 1.5765 to 1.5766 is worth $10.00 per 100,000 Pounds.

USD/CHF: 1 pip = $6.87; 1.4555 to 1.4556 is worth $6.87 per $100,000.

See this for a calculator: http://www.fxstreet.com/conversor/pip/pip.asp

PG H1 obsolete 30 TP40 SL30 eur,gbp,chf

I have attached my statement on semipixel website. Sampson, why have you +174 pips on statement is only 141 or..?

Files:

See what I mean about the confusion.....

I see the problem here - I use a spreadbetting broker where 1 pip profit in any currency pair is worth 1 lot or $10 (0.10 lot and $1 also).

Mike4X.

maniek:
PG H1 obsolete 30 TP40 SL30 eur,gbp,chf I have attached my statement on semipixel website. Sampson, why have you +174 pips on statement is only 141 or..?

See the post right above yours. Some of my profit came from EUR/JPY where 1 pip isn't worth $1/$10, also it isn't taking swap into account, it's just the raw pips earned.

If everyone thinks it would be more useful to have the profit in $$'s I can get that changed, should we make the standard be to show profit as if you were using a mini account or regular account?

Either way is good Sampson. As long as everybody uses the same format. Then we can directly compare the totals in the statement repository.

Mike4X.

You know what? The most useful setting would be Average Pips Per Day.

Reason - some people may run PG for 2 or 3 days over a bad period. Similarly an exceptional result over a couple of days may be just lucky.

This happened very recently when 2 or 3 excellent days were followed by 2 or 3 terrible days.

It would be nice to know which settings have the best average yield across all trading conditions.

Mike4X.

Dear Sir

I am new here....

could U inform me which EA you are using (time Units, settings, pairs)- as far i a little lost among all post sand version used by differents members

If you - or other members - could post clearly their EA, setting, and statement, I would really appreciate....

awaiting your answer

maniek:
PG H1 obsolete 30 TP40 SL30 eur,gbp,chf I have attached my statement on semipixel website. Sampson, why have you +174 pips on statement is only 141 or..?

Veronika-fxtrader:
Dear Sir

I am new here....

could U inform me which EA you are using (time Units, settings, pairs)- as far i a little lost among all post sand version used by differents members

If you - or other members - could post clearly their EA, setting, and statement, I would really appreciate....

awaiting your answer

It's something about this thread.

Tradestation is the best tool for backtesting ?

novafx99:
There are so many man hours going into this EA and we all see it has potential. Yes, we need to work smarter - not harder. Here is what I propose. If Nich is willing, we could have a group of 10 or more of us each send him $10.00 to $20.00 via paypal. Tradestation is about $200.00 for a month. I've used it. You can cancel before your renewal with no obligation. We could give Nich a month with the platform and the code and see what some "real" backtests tell us. Tradestation is the best tool for backtesting. Period. Of course, Nich will have to be interested in doing this. I only pick him because he has been the programmer on the project and doing a great job. We could give a 3 day window for all paypal $$ to be sent to him and at the end of three days, if he has enough for a month plus some $$ for his time then great. If not enough for one month then we'll extend the paypal timeframe. If you think about all the time we're collectively investing on this and that we have inadequate tools to draw any real conclusions then I think you will agree that $10.00 or so is better then the road we're going down.

TradeStation 8.1 SP1 b3006 ( offline mode - sufficient for backtesting )

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

post the demo account result

holyguy7:
That was exactly my question. Anyway we can have our Metatrader automatically update the statements via the FTP built into Metatrader 4 every 15 minutes or so. That way we can see progress every 15 minutes. I believe that would be the best way of going with this. However, I like what you did with everything else, just trying to make it even better.

Hi holyguy.I am appreciate your hard work with this EA。Could u post you demo account 1014585 (Name: Philip Smith ,ibfx) here.I eagerly want to know how it looks like right now?

best regards

Reason: