Profit Generator EA - page 75

holyguy7:
Thanks. I want people to think about what these settings do and try new things out. There are a lot of options and I think the best options for this EA is either as a scalping method or just on the D1 chart in Reverse where it tries for 20-30 pips a day on a trend. Think about this. If you try for the D1 chart in reverse then what you are saying is that you believe that it will trend and you will try to get 20-30 pips up (depending on if it is trending up or down). So far, I have had the most reliable success with this setting and am testing it more this week.

Holyguy which setting do you suggest for D1 chart in reverse mode?

Thanks

I love testing this ea, it is giving me hardtime, I have a statements but they are not worth watching. I was keep changing my settings during the testing which will not lead me to any conclusion about my testing results. However, this ea will have some good settings which will give us solid profits, hopefully. However, I think we need to test for months and months to reach at conclusion.

The good thing is if even our statements are negative it is good too, as holyguy said we just need to use reverse option. So keep testing this guys. We can not disappoint from this ea, for sure.

Rgds,

SFX

suffic369:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173055

look at the tester files,then you will know every thing.

also make sure you register at http://groups.google.com/group/wsforex

then you will be notified with updates verions.

Thanks I have registred. I have add to 30M chart.I must change.Do you think I should?

maniek:
Thanks I have registred. I have add to 30M chart.I must change.Do you think I should?

I recommend forward testing the backward test settings. or maybe can try one level lower or higher timeframe from the back test TF.

Right now I am testing Pg 3.2.2; 3.2.4 and 3.3.1.

The obsoleteMethod is set to true for all 3 versions. All have the same settings.

Unfortunately, the last 2 versions doesn't seem to be using this feature. On my 3.2.2 statements I have several trades that were closed out before it hit SL or TP but on 3.2.4 (testing since the 18)and 3.3.1(testing since the 24) not a single trade was closed with obsolete method.

Anybody else observe this behaviour?

Is it a bug? or is it something to do with the new 50 MA filter?

Sada

Brainstorm

Ok, here's my latest idea, ya, here we go again. This time I think it's really good and SIMPLE. Look, the reason we can't get this thing to scalp like in the backtests is because we are not waiting for a retracement. If we had a setting which would allow us to wait for X pips retracement after a signal, I think we will have much better results. As you know, our positions don't just shoot to the moon after the signal opens a trade. Apparently the backtester looks at the bar differently in fantasy than reality for whatever reason. In real life, if we said open the trade 5 pips below the signal and shot for ten then we have increased our odds of winning by about 50% in real-time. We all look for some type of retracement when we take trades manually, right.

The only trade off is that we will miss some trades but you know this market, very volatile, almost always a retracement of at leat 5 pips from any signal you use, usually more.

I know some will say, let's just get the signal earlier, it's the same thing right?

Well, in backtesting our signals seem to be quite accurate. We are just missing the key factor of waiting for that big edge that a small retracement gives us. Even on bigger trades this works wonders. Getting in 10 pips below or above your original signal just bought you 10 pips stoploss and made your target 10 pips closer and all we are doing is waiting a few seconds or minutes for it. It comes at no cost to the trades. Ya Know?

Sada,

It's not a bug.

If price is beneath the 50 MA then PG will only take shorts. So the obsolete will not kick in because that would mean going long which the 50 MA will not allow.

Kind of makes the obsolete setting obsolete

Mike4X.

If you put a negative 20 in for the ma pips value then it will work with obsolete. With this setting, you are mixing things up a bit and allowing some longs and shorts above/below the 50. In backtesting it reduced the number of trades without decreasing the win/loss ratio. Actually it keeps it about the same so at this point it seems all it's good for is reducing the number of trades without decreasing the win/loss. -20 seems to be the best value if you want to use it.

Thanks guys

sada

Ok... Lets narrow things down a bit... What is working and what is not???

Lets take what is currently making money and tweak it. KISS!!!!

Billy

Reason: