can anyone post the profitable one ;-))) and post its profitable statements

kr

zifx25000

follow the trend

My profitable statements:

for settings and explantions here

and for the results after one week of testing here

and the differences in result of PG2.6 and PG 3.2.2 here

Up until now, I see that PG is not profitable on D1 charts. Try H1.

I am going to update my statements every end of the week. BTW, please follow the link in my signature and download the MT4report software to be able to see instantly how each currency pair perform.

Sada

Here are my results for the week on the H1 chart.

Take Profit: 80

Stop Loss: 30

UseObsolute: 30 minutes

Yes, the last day was a little down for the EA but still in the black.

Forward testing

Hi all,

I just started testing yesterday, so I started with 2 pairs, GBPUSD,EURUSD.

I only had 1 trannsaction in nearly 2 days. ????

It appears that holyguy7, your stats show 5 closed trans and 1 open on the same 2 pairs, any idea what I am doing wrong, I would like to help with the forward testing but I am missing or have something set wrong?

tks

leighton

sadaloma:
My profitable statements:

Are you a forward test junkie? do you want to make sense of your statements instantly?... then try this

Sada

Sada,

That's a really great tool, sure puts a light on forward test results quickly.

Question, on the time, the green and red bars, are the green ones for US or UK trading times??

Here is a summary of my findings on PG.

I've been teting 1H with v3.2.3 default settings apart from baropenpercent 0.6 and no TP (I figured let the obsolete setting decide when the market has changed).

I have concentrated on 12 pairs and their relationship with each other.

Quite often PG will open a long on USD-JPY then also USD-CAD and then for some reason opens short on USD-CHF. That causes two trades in effect to be negated.

Similarly, you get EUD-USD one direction and GBP-USD the other. Again, a no win situation.

Same story with the JPY pairs.

Anyway, here are the top 12 performers in order of net pips forward testing from 1 week ago, trades open 24 hrs.

1. GBP-USD +730

2. USD-CHF +340

3. AUD-USD +290

4. EUR-JPY +287

5. USD-JPY +278

6. EUR-USD +140

7. GBP-JPY +77

8. EUR-CHF +0

9. NZD-USD -40

10. CAD-JPY -168

11. AUD-JPY -228

12. USD-CAD -296

I would definitely recommend switching off the expert advisors button on big news days like yeterday too

Mike4x.

marlintrdg:
Sada,

That's a really great tool, sure puts a light on forward test results quickly.

Question, on the time, the green and red bars, are the green ones for US or UK trading times??

Glad you like it.

It's red for losses and green for profits

Sada

mike4X:
Here is a summary of my findings on PG.

I've been teting 1H with v3.2.3 default settings apart from baropenpercent 0.6 and no TP (I figured let the obsolete setting decide when the market has changed).

I have concentrated on 12 pairs and their relationship with each other.

Quite often PG will open a long on USD-JPY then also USD-CAD and then for some reason opens short on USD-CHF. That causes two trades in effect to be negated.

Similarly, you get EUD-USD one direction and GBP-USD the other. Again, a no win situation.

Same story with the JPY pairs.

Anyway, here are the top 12 performers in order of net pips forward testing from 1 week ago, trades open 24 hrs.

1. GBP-USD +730

2. USD-CHF +340

3. AUD-USD +290

4. EUR-JPY +287

5. USD-JPY +278

6. EUR-USD +140

7. GBP-JPY +77

8. EUR-CHF +0

9. NZD-USD -40

10. CAD-JPY -168

11. AUD-JPY -228

12. USD-CAD -296

I would definitely recommend switching off the expert advisors button on big news days like yeterday too

Mike4x.

Hi mike4x,

Could you please post your demo statement please?

The reason is I would like to know what time each trade was taken and compare it to mine. Thanks

BTW, which broker did you use?

Sada

MIKE4X,

I have similar results to you as far as PG opening conflicting trades such as buy Euro/Usd and sell Gbp/Usd at the same time.

I have 2 questions for you:

1. Are you using version 3.2.3 OR 3[1].2.3?

2. You stated no TP, but do you use a SL? If so what setting?

(I guess thats 3 question!!!)

Thanks,

Billy

By the way... EXCELLENT work on this EA guys!

3.2.3 and 3[1].2.3 are the same thing. What happens is when you open the file from location and the file is saved to the temp folder it is appended with the [1].

If someone will make a list of currencies that should not be traded in the same direction, I will code it in for v3.2.4.

Thanks.

Nick

Reason: