Harmonic Trading - page 354

leave as is, the pattern disappears, why do you need an alert for that? (invalidation)

if the PRZ is wrong then it it wrong, but i think it is right!

if you want to see history use the Poruchik version

if your not lnfront of your screen what difference does it make if you missed a pattern and it was invalidated? Anyway, there was an alert when it appeared.

Files:

poruchik:
why it invalidated?

the pattern was formed nearly 2 months, and you want that it fulfilled in 5 minutes on 1000 p

it is still formed, a point D in a zone PRZ

you want all and at once, so happens only at cinema

learn to wait

DEAR poruchik, HOW DO YOU get the pattern like this ? Can you provide the template?

Really appreciated for your contribution and kindly help

Regards

spx500 bearish now

look at the chart, the market will do something soon, at least a decent pull back

Files:
1.gif  45 kb

2 zup 135 all hl

1 zup 135 all hl 113

TPL for last pic.

Files:
6453.png  40 kb
usdchfh41.png  77 kb
135_113_2.tpl  58 kb

grandaevus:
Let me explain how zigzag search function works in zups

Starting with the lowest zigzag depth, indicator starts searching patterns from the last leg=current leg (call it leg 0) . if it couldn't find a valid pattern on leg 0, it continues to search from the next nearest leg which is leg 1 and this search continues till the first leg in your screen.

if it finds a pattern in one of the legs, it draws the pattern on chart and stops searching.

Well, what if indicator couldn't find a pattern in depth 0?

Then, it increase the depth +1, starts the search procedure from the beginning that I've written above.

Assume that indicator finds a butterfly pattern on leg 3 (a past pattern) with a depth value 3. It will draw the pattern on screen and stop searching.

But may me, if it doesn't stop searching patterns, it will find a pattern on last leg @ depth 15 or 16.

Because of this reason, I lock the past pattern zigzag search.

Effects of past pattern search

History search disabled :

Indicator searches all possible variations in all possible zigzag depth on last leg and finds a pattern in zigzag depth 21.

History search enabled : Same pair, same time frame , same settings but past pattern search enabled. Indicator finds a past pattern in zigzag depth 9 and stops searching. Result, gartley pattern on the last lag has been missed.

What is past is past. I keep past pattern search disabled and give all my effort & time to tweak indicator for finding present patterns. (patterns on last leg)

And for alert:

I've changed alert function.

Old one:

When price exceeds D Box or a new leg has been formed, indicator sends a

"Pattern found on EurUSd H1 time frame has been invalidated"alert.

New one:

When price exceeds D Box, indicator sends a "Pattern found on EurUSd H1 time frame has been invalidated" alert.

If a new leg has been formed, indicator sends a ""A new leg has been just formed on EurUSd H1 time frame. All drawn objects will be deleted" alert.

What the formation is on attached picture? Crab?

XB=0.236

AC=2.236

BD=0.786

XD=0.32

Zup dont recognize this. Minimum XB for Crab is 0.276 ???

Files:
m5-unknow.jpg  67 kb

holyskychen:
look at the chart, the market will do something soon, at least a decent pull back

How do you get so many patterns to show on the same chart at the same time? Which version are you using?

finster869:
How do you get so many patterns to show on the same chart at the same time? Which version are you using?

Lot of ZUP indicators added to the same chart with different parameter setting, you need to give Complekt a magic number for each indicator you place on the chart so they do not conflict with each other.

Robot Trader:
Lot of ZUP indicators added to the same chart with different parameter setting, you need to give Complekt a magic number for each indicator you place on the chart so they do not conflict with each other.

Magic numbers are used only in expert advisors for opening, closing or modifying orders (trading functions) in accordance with a strategy. Indicators don't use magic numbers.

Expert advisors are indeed indicators + have got trading abilities.

Originally Posted by grandaevus View Post

Let me explain how zigzag search function works in zups

Starting with the lowest zigzag depth, indicator starts searching patterns from the last leg=current leg (call it leg 0) . if it couldn't find a valid pattern on leg 0, it continues to search from the next nearest leg which is leg 1 and this search continues till the first leg in your screen.

if it finds a pattern in one of the legs, it draws the pattern on chart and stops searching.

Well, what if indicator couldn't find a pattern in depth 0?

Then, it increase the depth +1, starts the search procedure from the beginning that I've written above.

Some useful tips:

I've forgot to say something.

( **** ExtIndicator should be 11 **** )

If you choose DirectionOfSearchMaxMin=false, indicator starts searching patterns from min depth to max depth.

If you choose DirectionOfSearchMaxMin=true, indicator starts searching patterns from max depth to min depth.

you can control max & min depth limits in here

extern int maxDepth = 55;

extern int minDepth = 3;

Default value of DirectionOfSearchMaxMin setting is true but I prefer to use false.

So indicator starts searching from possible short term patterns(short term trend) to long term patterns (long term trend)

Reason: