Harmonic Trading - page 196

ramshackle

ramshackle:
Hi all, have been read thorough the book "harmonic trading" and i am really interested in this system. As i am still new here , i would like to ask some of the newbie question:

In the book, it said that to have a gatley for example , we will have to get a 0.618 retrament of XA at point B , but as i read through the forum, it seems that some of the gatley have different retrament at point B, some is 0.5 , some 0.707 , for example, is that a valid pattern?

can you guys kindly show me where to get the indicator for thiis system?

thanx in advance and hope i can learn more from this thread.

Checkout the site http://www.harmonictrader.com ( I hope I do not get flagged for this.)

They have a good illustration of the various patterns for harmonic trading and not just 1 Gartley Pattern.

Hi Yano , thanx for the link .

I would like to ask, sometimes the gatley pattern that formed does not exactly meets the required fibo retracement, for example, at point B , we have 0.45 retracement, can it still becounted as a valid pattern? because i found that some of the post dint meet the required fibo number but it still stated as gatley pattern. i am really confuse in this.. thanx for the help

ramshackle:
Hi Yano , thanx for the link . I would like to ask, sometimes the gatley pattern that formed does not exactly meets the required fibo retracement, for example, at point B , we have 0.45 retracement, can it still becounted as a valid pattern? because i found that some of the post dint meet the required fibo number but it still stated as gatley pattern. i am really confuse in this.. thanx for the help

I just got stopped out with that CRAB I posted.

It was supposed to be a near perfect AB=.618XA and BC=0.886AB so targets were supposed to be 2.618 and 3.618 for the CD. But the 3rd bar on the CD leg just took out a stop I placed at beginning of CD and even that of A.

Earlier posts recommended trading onn the PERFECT counts for highest probability. But I suppose, that is just it Highest Probability. You could still be that exception or that 0.1 % margin like I was earlier.

But I still think this is a very good system. There won't be that much exceptions to the rule. How about that adriann? my chart earlier will be a case for your study.

Check the first post too of kamyar post #1. Newdigital kindly summarized a list of valuable links to what has been provided in this Thread.

Thank you kamyar for starting this thread.

Thank you Newdigital for that valuable list of important links.

Thank you Nen for the improvements on the Indicator. Thank you to the rest of the people here who have shared in the discussions and improvement of using this system.

ramshackle:
Hi Yano , thanx for the link . I would like to ask, sometimes the gatley pattern that formed does not exactly meets the required fibo retracement, for example, at point B , we have 0.45 retracement, can it still becounted as a valid pattern? because i found that some of the post dint meet the required fibo number but it still stated as gatley pattern. i am really confuse in this.. thanx for the help

Hi

exact gartley should have ab=cd included and D should be 618 or 786 of XA. all other projection of point B and C should be included in ab=cd with some kind of fibo.

btw: you asked for indicator . for MT4 there is good ZUP from one russian coder.

you can find it also link on first page of this Thread )

or click here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page128

thnx alot adriann, by the way is the gatley formed in Euro/usd at 4 hr TF still valid now?

thanx

ramshackle:
thnx alot adriann, by the way is the gatley formed in Euro/usd at 4 hr TF still valid now? thanx

at this time its not valid ) ab=cd was exceed and also 0.681 or 0.786 of xa was exceed.. so it cannot be gartley anymore. but some ppl if they see some fibo on projection of XA they will be trading it also..

in other words if there is some harmonic numbers you can assume it for successful pattern but not gartley

like currently D is projected 1.618 of BC leg. and also notice 1.27AB=CD and 1.618 ab=cd that are extension of AB=CD

so in this area should be reversal ,coz these are harmonic combination.

also in reversal zone you must watch for some other indicator like formation of Candlestick currently thats hammer, or some Stoch Indicator...

but thats not too strong as Gartley IMHO

Files:
nah.gif  21 kb

gbp-jpy

kemalzafer:

heh whats that ? some kind of triangles ?

the setup I posted yesterday for EURUSD didn't trigger

setup updated as follows

Files:

adriann:
at this time its not valid ) ab=cd was exceed and also 0.681 or 0.786 of xa was exceed.. so it cannot be gartley anymore. but some ppl if they see some fibo on projection of XA they will be trading it also..

in other words if there is some harmonic numbers you can assume it for successful pattern but not gartley

like currently D is projected 1.618 of BC leg. and also notice 1.27AB=CD and 1.618 ab=cd that are extension of AB=CD

so in this area should be reversal ,coz these are harmonic combination.

also in reversal zone you must watch for some other indicator like formation of Candlestick currently thats hammer, or some Stoch Indicator...

but thats not too strong as Gartley IMHO

hi thanx for the reply, so it is not a gatley anymore, but we can still take postion at the PRZ if there is candle formation confirmation. Now i see a doji and a hanging man at E/U 4hr ,trading in the PRZ, so is it a good trade for now to go short E/U?

Reason: