Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 529

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
thefxpros:
ok thanks, i got it.

But look at this indicator, the heiken ashi separate window. it seems like an artifice here. Isn't possibile to make the same work?

heiken_ashi_mtf_sw.mq4

heiken_ashi_3.mq4

In that version you have extra buffers that are "hiding" the part that should not be visible. But as you can see, that hiding is clearly visible (the first chart) and you have to set the colors always to be the same as the color of your background (there were some attempts that were trying to do that automatically, but they failed in cases when something else was placed at a point where they were looking for background color - so it can not be done reliably)

The only way how it could be done to look like on the main chart is using objects instead of histogram but, again one but, if you have a chart with a lot of bars displayed, metatrader may become slugish (metatrader does not "like" too much objects on a chart - and can make your template files grow immensely in that case)

PS: you can see at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general how it looks like when objects are used for that. That is how it can be done

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
thefxpros:
ok thanks, i got it.

But look at this indicator, the heiken ashi separate window. it seems like an artifice here. Isn't possibile to make the same work?

heiken_ashi_mtf_sw.mq4

heiken_ashi_3.mq4

Here is the simplest way to make it using objects. It is a multi time frame already too

PS: to have multiple instances of the indicator on the same chart, set the UniqueID parameter to unique value for each new instance

Fausto Nunziante Del Gaudio
mladen:
Here is the simplest way to make it using objects. It is a multi time frame already too

PS: to have multiple instances of the indicator on the same chart, set the UniqueID parameter to unique value for each new instance

wonderful mladen thanks...

i made a small change in the code. I inserted the "Nbars" option in order to calculate the code only for a certain number of bars so maybe in this way this indicator could be a bit more mild for the cpu. I attach it.

ma_-_ribbon_filled_mtf_sw_coloured.mq4

Just another thing Mladen. I was trying to convert some indicator of mine into a separate window version. So, i was trying with this one, the bbands stop MTF indicator.

If i just try to set it as separate window version it looks like that:

I think the problem is with the minimum and maximum value of the separate window. If i set a fixed minimum value the indicator seems start to work quite correctly. How can i fix it, please?

i forgot the source indicator

bbands_dots.mq4

Files:
tito_xs
tito_xs  

Hi to all,

i looking for a and a template that has been posted here last year if i recall well.

it is a multi-currency template using qqe (and one of the ganns indi) indicator in a form of array with black background that gives the trend direction from QQE on multiple timeframes for each currency...

I completely forgot the name of that template

Hope that someone has a cleaner memory that me

regards tito,

William Snyder
William Snyder  
tito_xs:
Hi to all,

i looking for a and a template that has been posted here last year if i recall well.

it is a multi-currency template using qqe (and one of the ganns indi) indicator in a form of array with black background that gives the trend direction from QQE on multiple timeframes for each currency...

I completely forgot the name of that template

Hope that someone has a cleaner memory that me

regards tito,

Tito_xs, maybe in this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178927

tito_xs
tito_xs  
mrtools:
Tito_xs, maybe in this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178927

many thanks mrtools, it was right therein the last page: named trendmap

your help is much appreciated

regards tito,

omaraz786
omaraz786  

Hi, Hope all traders are doing well,

I need a multi time frame bollinger bands or simply bands indicator in which i can adjust the standard deviation to 1.8 ? right now i have a multi time frame bollinger bands but the standard deviation is not adjustable .

Thanks in advance .

William Snyder
William Snyder  
omaraz786:
Hi, Hope all traders are doing well,

I need a multi time frame bollinger bands or simply bands indicator in which i can adjust the standard deviation to 1.8 ? right now i have a multi time frame bollinger bands but the standard deviation is not adjustable .

Thanks in advance .

Hi Omaraz786, there are some mtf bands where you can use the standard deviation on any setting here::: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page373

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
thefxpros:
wonderful mladen thanks...

i made a small change in the code. I inserted the "Nbars" option in order to calculate the code only for a certain number of bars so maybe in this way this indicator could be a bit more mild for the cpu. I attach it.

ma_-_ribbon_filled_mtf_sw_coloured.mq4

Just another thing Mladen. I was trying to convert some indicator of mine into a separate window version. So, i was trying with this one, the bbands stop MTF indicator.

If i just try to set it as separate window version it looks like that:

I think the problem is with the minimum and maximum value of the separate window. If i set a fixed minimum value the indicator seems start to work quite correctly. How can i fix it, please?

thefxpros

Here is a correct version

Updated version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574