Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 254

related discussion about digits...[]

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174805

fxbs:
related discussion about digits...[] https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174805/page29

Looks like he has a lot to say but I didnot catch it all will have to rerun it.

edit;

on second reading I see he is saying "do I have something on my nose".

cockeyedcowboy:
Looks like he has a lot to say but I didnot catch it all will have to rerun it.

edit;

on second reading I see he is saying "do I have something on my nose".

Linuxer sayed he's gonna kill somebody who not edit his post. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174805/page29 10^^3! (it's about no political, religion, national, sex, race, etc jokes - kinda 5.0 or whatewer that means)

"Digits"

fxbs:
no description middle digit ok, only chart grapf ok not problema indiceidor i know only midle digit(finga) users not propa way

Hi "I",

OK, let me try to explain it to you as I cannot demonstrate it on chart; reason being that the changes happen continously and to capture it is almost impossible I think anyway.

Let us say that on the M5 TF, the CCi-5 has a reading of 100 in the present candle. It jumps up and down during the formation of the candle and when the candle closes, it gives a reading of 100.

The next candle opens and the CCi-5 closes on 125. The next one closes on 135.

Now here is the problem: during the next candle formation, all 3 of the previous candles change their numbers and finally when the current candle closes it looks as if the change occurred 3 candles ago.

Taking a Moving Average as an example - each candle (bar) would "lock the position of the MVA in solid" and it will NOT move from there.

This indicator moves up to 3 positions at any given time.

Open your Right hand in front of you with the palm of your hand pointing 90* to your left. Now close your hand slowly as if you want to make a fist and notice that the first movement is at the big knuckles (the rest of the fingers follow as you close the fist completely). Count from your nails towards your arm, you will get the first "digit" shortly after your nails; the 2nd digit follows and the 3rd digit is the "big knuckles" before reaching either the palm of your hand or the back of your hand depending in which way you look at it.

So imagine that the big knuckles are in the current candle and as the price moves up and down, so your knuckle moves open and closed and you cannot control (or keep still) the rest of your fingers. That is the way your body is made, unless you take your other hand and hold your finger so that you can only bend the 1st digit, etc.

This is what this indicator does.

The correct way is that the indicator should "anchor" the position at the time when the candle closed and not move that position again.

It is especially important when we want to see when the CCi-Trend (especially) drops through the zero-line.

Sorry for being a bit longwinded, but this is the best I can do to describe the action of this indicator.

I am sure you can sort it out. Thanking you in advance.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
Hi "I",

OK, let me try to explain it to you as I cannot demonstrate it on chart; reason being that the changes happen continously and to capture it is almost impossible I think anyway.

Let us say that on the M5 TF, the CCi-5 has a reading of 100 in the present candle. It jumps up and down during the formation of the candle and when the candle closes, it gives a reading of 100.

The next candle opens and the CCi-5 closes on 125. The next one closes on 135.

Now here is the problem: during the next candle formation, all 3 of the previous candles change their numbers and finally when the current candle closes it looks as if the change occurred 3 candles ago.

Taking a Moving Average as an example - each candle (bar) would "lock the position of the MVA in solid" and it will NOT move from there.

This indicator moves up to 3 positions at any given time.

Open your Right hand in front of you with the palm of your hand pointing 90* to your left. Now close your hand slowly as if you want to make a fist and notice that the first movement is at the big knuckles (the rest of the fingers follow as you close the fist completely). Count from your nails towards your arm, you will get the first "digit" shortly after your nails; the 2nd digit follows and the 3rd digit is the "big knuckles" before reaching either the palm of your hand or the back of your hand depending in which way you look at it.

So imagine that the big knuckles are in the current candle and as the price moves up and down, so your knuckle moves open and closed and you cannot control (or keep still) the rest of your fingers. That is the way your body is made, unless you take your other hand and hold your finger so that you can only bend the 1st digit, etc.

This is what this indicator does.

The correct way is that the indicator should "anchor" the position at the time when the candle closed and not move that position again.

It is especially important when we want to see when the CCi-Trend (especially) drops through the zero-line.

Sorry for being a bit longwinded, but this is the best I can do to describe the action of this indicator.

I am sure you can sort it out. Thanking you in advance.

Best wishes.

Valeo, do you mean autoscale feature?

You can just set max min to let's say 300 (350) by hands (ind.properties tub) - lock the scale

or set max/min from the code :

#property indicator_maximum 350

#property indicator_minimum -350

if that's not what you mean - plz show few real quick screenshots on tester or 1 min chart

Sorry, but i think what Valeo is trying to say :

THE INDICATOR REDRAWS 3 BARS INSTEAD OF 1 !

Big Joe:
Sorry, but i think what Valeo is trying to say : THE INDICATOR REDRAWS 3 BARS INSTEAD OF 1 !

Thank you Joe.

i don't think so

well, show some screenshots - and we'll see

fxbs:
i don't think so well, show some screenshots - and we'll see

You know ...

If Valeo says it So it redraws

nice

thank you all

Reason: