https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page406

i mean like... how blind can i be? lol

sorry guys.

mladen:
Try replacing that the code at the start of "start" function to this :
int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

if(counted_bars<0) return(-1);

int limit = MathMin(Bars-counted_bars,Bars-1);

for(int i=MathMax(limit-1,0); i>=0; i--)

hi mladen,

may i ask you for a small modification to the attached indi?

pls add a vertical line (in the subwindow) when the 0-line is crossed and the current bar is closed.

many thanks in advance!

hp_mtf_velo_sep_norpt_v2.mq4

engula:
hi mladen,

may i ask you for a small modification to the attached indi?

pls add a vertical line (in the subwindow) when the 0-line is crossed and the current bar is closed.

many thanks in advance!

hp_mtf_velo_sep_norpt_v2.mq4

engula

Here you go

mrtools:
Hi Borsenkater1969,

Made it mtf, but want to post this about it::::

disclaimer : centered triangular moving average recalculates last half cycle bars, and thus those bars are subject of changing

Thank you mrtools for the explanation and the quick help.

Börsenkater

WR1:
unfortunately an i7 and 32GB+ of ram wont always solve the problem

as others with these same machines and who use MTF still have the same problems

it should work better though, but should reduce the bars on the MTF indi's and on the charts and this will help as the CPU does nt have to look for History data it does nt really need at the time

a better graphics card will make things run slightly smoother as it has its own memory,

a 2GB+ card should really be a minimum with MT4 and MTF

maybe the only real solution for these MTF problems is to use two i7 computers

or one of the commercial intel CPUs which are much more powerful than an i7, but also much more expensive

the AMD 6 core is reported to also make quite a big difference to normal applications of MT4, but with MTF maybe still an issue

Intel vs AMD: which processor is best? | News | TechRadar

Thank you for your feedback, really appreciate.

Besides counting on History data it doesn't really need at the time that consumes CPU, does MT4's design contributes to the delay? I think MT4 is a 32bit program and may not be able to utilise anything more than 4GB of RAM?

Also will test out the performance by reducing the number of history bars and bars on chart of MT4 available to tune at:

Tools -> Options -> Charts.

pastecopy:
Thank you for your feedback, really appreciate.

Besides counting on History data it doesn't really need at the time that consumes CPU, does MT4's design contributes to the delay? I think MT4 is a 32bit program and may not be able to utilise anything more than 4GB of RAM?

Also will test out the performance by reducing the number of history bars and bars on chart of MT4 available to tune at:

Tools -> Options -> Charts.

pastecopy

Almost always when it comes to metatrader the CPU overload comes from 2 reasons : too much simultaneously opened charts and faulty (inefficient) code.

Multi time framing should not overload the CPU (unless you are trying to use montly data on a 1 minute chart when it can happen - it needs to recalculate at least 43200 bars to keep all updated) if used correctly so it is probably not the mtf causing that but something in the mtf code. Also, try making the maximum number of bars on chart to less. I am using just 5000 bars per chart for years and never had any problems in trading because of that

mladen:
engula Here you go

thanks mladen.

i tried with the strategy tester, but the vertical lines don't show up...

Files:

engula:
thanks mladen.

i tried with the strategy tester, but the vertical lines don't show up...

engula

You are right

Here you go (this one works OK)

Files:
Reason: