Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 177

newmont:
Thanks for the comments, mq4 code posted above, you can modify as you please. I waited to post the mq4 until I iorned out the bugs. I do aim to improve this indicator more in the future.

Good work Newmont sharing the code helps us all learn and improve.

Hiachiever

can someone fix this please

hi,

i'm quite fond of this tool for my entries and profit targets.

more often than not the trade will go in the desired direction almost immediately.

however, it doesn't like yen pairs, and doesn't display properly. same problem with gold ! maybe because of their large ranges.

i'd like to see a third s.m.a bar on it too. maybe a 50.

this morning i traded AUD/USD, which rose by 20 pips as soon as i'd placed it, GBP/USD dropped by 80 in an hour and GBP/JPY about the same.

i use this in conjunction with MTF stochastic and FX Sniper CCI inc. Sidewinder.

Seems very good indeed.

if someone could either give me some clues how to make these ammendments to the FX guage or if it's not too much trouble, do it for me, i'd be very very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Files:
_i_fxgauge.mq4  14 kb

hiachiever:
Hi Rolange,

Attached are two indicators that you may find useful.

The first is one personally developed by me. It is a MTF MACD indicator. It is similar to GMACD in that you can display Mutliple Time Frames. The difference with mine is that you can display an unlimited number of time frames.

You are getting a first class indicator here, as I originally had something like this programmed at a cost of $180 US (3 hours work at $60/hr).

I have attached a template with it already setup and showing M5 through to D1.

The second indicator allows you to display Bar Colour according to ADX values. This could easily be modified to show MACD values. I don't have time, so it could be a good project for you.

All the best,

Hiachiever.

Hi Hiachiever

This is exactly what I was seeking to do and you have kindly answered my prayers.

A most generous act should not go unrewarded.

I may PM you with further additions?

molto grazie

bClock V4.

newmont:
Thanks for the comments, mq4 code posted above, you can modify as you please. I waited to post the mq4 until I iorned out the bugs. I do aim to improve this indicator more in the future.

Hi Newmont,

With the greatest respect I hgave rewritten most of the code for the bClock indicator. Most of the code could be simplified by calling a function. Doing this has cut the size of the indicator in half.

With the way it is written now, adding an option to make smaller and position all on one line would be a simple task.

I have called it V4 and attached the MQ4 to this post.

All the best,

Hiachiever.

This is excellent stuff people, thank you hiachiever for optimizing the code...

Ethan

Improved!

Good work hiachiever i had a look at the code and its is much simplified. The code i was using was drawing on old ideas. You seem to have a new style and ideas..nice work.

zakgreen:
hi,

i'm quite fond of this tool for my entries and profit targets.

more often than not the trade will go in the desired direction almost immediately.

however, it doesn't like yen pairs, and doesn't display properly. same problem with gold ! maybe because of their large ranges.

i'd like to see a third s.m.a bar on it too. maybe a 50.

this morning i traded AUD/USD, which rose by 20 pips as soon as i'd placed it, GBP/USD dropped by 80 in an hour and GBP/JPY about the same.

i use this in conjunction with MTF stochastic and FX Sniper CCI inc. Sidewinder.

Seems very good indeed.

if someone could either give me some clues how to make these ammendments to the FX guage or if it's not too much trouble, do it for me, i'd be very very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

zakgreen,

How and what exactly is this indicator suppose to do. When I add it to my chart all it does is draw 4 vertical lines on the far right hand side of the chart.

I have tried switching TF's etc, but nothing happens except for these lines.

Please explain.

Cheers,

Hiachiever

newmont:
Good work hiachiever i had a look at the code and its is much simplified. The code i was using was drawing on old ideas. You seem to have a new style and ideas..nice work.

Thank you, it is a pleasure to help hsare the knowledge. Writing simplified code makes it easier for everyone. Cheers, Hiachiever

@highachiever

hey,

this indicator is based in the fxmoneymap software.

best viewed iin the 1minute chart and with the left-shift button.

screenshot attached

you should see 4 vertical lanes of varying blue shade, each representing a timeframe from left to right. 1m,5m,15m,60m.

the 2 coloured coloured hoizontal lines on each column (blue here because price is above them all. red when below) represent where the 21 & 34 sma's are on each time frame relative to price.

best used when all coloured horizontal lines are close together and a move starts in a direction which sees all ma's either aboce or below price, ideally with 1 min leading.

the black-lines seperating the different shades of blue are suppoert and resistance levels which offer very accurate targeting.

a black line accross 1 timeframe will get broken quite easily, but accross 3 or 4 could take several attemts.

you can see demo videos on how they use the orignal here FX MoneyMap

as i said before, i don't use it by itself (although many people do for quick 20 pip trades) and i'd just like a couple of modifications made to it if possible.

an additional s.m.a on each time-frame, say a 50 would be a great start.

sadly, you can't back-test this indicator but i've been using it for some months and have made good monet scalping with it.

now i use it in conjunction with the mtf stoch-bar, fx-sniper cci bar & sidewinder which works really nicely and ensures around bagging around 70% of the available pips in a morning move on a pair.

if you could help me out with this i'd be very grateful.

if you need any more info on using this, the please ask

many thanks

Files:
oz.gif  57 kb

Fx Gauge

zakgreen,

I have worked out why I am not seeing anything but 4 vertical lines. This indicator is referencing another called "_i_FXGaugeMAs". Without this indicator to show how everything is constructed the first is of no use.

Please post ""_i_FXGaugeMAs.mq4" file, and I will take a look at it for you.

Also as the way that you are trading this set of indicators is approx 70% successful, if you can summarise your rules I will look at programming an alert into the FXGauge indicator.

Cheers,

Hiachiever.

Reason: