Marks trendline cross system 1000 pips

Hi mark, great to see some one like you to make a start ,DONT BE TO MODES .We all start from some thing ,aint so great at first time but it will pay off by the time goes by.May Good luck& Suxses will be with you .Audio

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome Audio.

Mark

I did copy the indicator file but not working. I also set up sma 12 and sma 65 but it did not look like your USD/JPY chart. Can you send me the template file?

Thanks

Template

Thanks for looking I will put the template and the indicator back on. I hope this works for you.

I can't seem to upload anything for some reason. Is there another way I can send this to you?

I would like to post the template. I will try reboot.

Mark

Hi Mark,

If that is not possible... you can tell me how do I set up those two moving averages manually then we can figure out about the indicator later on. I just want to make sure that my USD/JPY chart matches with your chart to make sure that I have the correct moving average lines.

Thanks!

Try this

Here we go, I lost my internet connection. Try this.

Mark

Files:

Mark,

Thanks... it worked!!! I noticed that on your chart image for USD/JPY that you did not use Trendline. Should I ignore it or what? Also, what should I do with CCI (6) and RSI (14)?

Thanks

trend cross

I have a special MACD set at 8, 30, 40 and a CCI-6 with a RSI-14 in with this. I use this to help me confirm market direction. The indicator trendline, when you first put it on your chart has these great big lines that indicate red for down trend and blue for up trend. I put two of these indicators on my chart and turn off 3 of the for color options and change the blue to yellow put the 12, 12 signal in it and then modify the the other indicator turn off 3 color indicators and input the 65, 65 where the signal goes. I hope this has helped. let me know. I have attached another image

Mark

Files:

Thank you very much Mark for your effort to present us your ideas, backtest and the indicators.

I think we are all learning from each other which makes this place a great forum.

so to sum up your system:

- When the fast MA (12) crosses from below the slow MA (65) you buy

- When the fast MA (12) crosses from above the slow MA (65) you sell

3 level of take profit: 25 50 and 75

No stop loss ?

When I checked your manual backtesting I notice that when taking price, you didnot take Open or close of the next bar but at the exact cross ?

I am not sure if you woul be able to reproduce this in forward testing.

Ex: the cross for the EUR/USD on the 6th of January 1H 14:00 GTM, you close your sell at 1.2112, I am not sure in real time you would have closed that trade at that price and may have closed it at the bar close 1.2161.

I mean this is a bit extreme but your profit can go quite quickly in this case.

I am not here to argue, I think it is interesting so lets start this indicator + EA.

Thanks for sharing.

S.

Hi Mark,

Interesting system you have presented, thanks.

Your MACD parameters, of 8, 30, 40. Is the 8 the signal line or the fast period?? If the 8 is the fast period then which is the signal line? Your thumbnail isn't quite clear enough for me to read, sorry mate.

Good trading to all..............

Reason: