Marks trendline cross system 1000 pips - page 2

Just learning to trade

Building an ea is something i have no idea how to do. I have looked at the on line training on metaquotes editor but it looses me quick. I don't want you to think I am correcting you about the term ma but the trendline indicator is mostly a lsma. I took a lsma and entered a period of 12 and it laid right on top of my 12 yellow trend line. thanks for helping. this system looks very good to me. My problem is being at the computer at the exact entry point. and exit point. with this issue solved just enter multiple transactions and take the pips.

Thanks for the in put what do we do next.

How can I help?

Soundlab

Sunset, I am Marks partner (in confusion) and we do use a stop loss. So far we have found a 27 Pip SL to be close.

Just Tradin

Sunwest you are correct in the getting in and out at what part of the candle could be quite a bit of slippage

Fairwind the macd 8= fastma period 30= slowma period and the 40= signalma period.

keep posting.

Mark

Just Tradin

Sunwes yes we do use a stop loss like soundlab said usually 25 pips.

first goal to learn

Well all one of the things I said I wanted to accomplish was to learn.

I am learning how to type, the proper English will come soon I hope.

Mark

Trade entries per pair

Here is the idea I have for entering and take profit points. I have found there is 50 to 80 or more pips of volatility during each trade. This type of trade will maximize your profit.

Mark

Ok thanks for the precision.

Here is an EA based from the LSMA with 2 LSMA lines together (slow + fast) and an arrow at the crossover to buy and sell.

S.

Files:
lsma-v1.mq4  3 kb

Sorry in my last post I meant an indicator not EA, better go to bed I am a bit tired and it is 3.40 am, got to wake at 6.30 am

Hi,

Nice work on backtest. I hope you dont mind my comments though.

Firstly, what you are doing is as old as technical anlysis and the basis of trend following systems for a long time.

The system does look simple and completely tradeable. However, just one month backtest is not good. As you will trade it you will find out a lot of reasons why your system might fail in the long run. The range bound days will wipe out all your profits. and since you need to take multiple profit levels you have to take positions all at once and if the positions go against you, you are looking at a big loss.

Have a look at hourly chart and see how lagging the indicators are you will notice that you are taking positions well over the long term MA. If positions will turn against you as in a range bound market. You are looking at large loss with a big position. While taking profits you are scaling out and locking in lesser profits. Well, your backtest suggest otherwise. I suppose that your backtest is based on eyeballing the charts.

If only trading was as easy as cross of MA and multiple level profits, wouldnt we just have one trading system and multimillionaires.

The question you have to as yourself is if you think such a simple system is so profitable, why would so many people spend s much time trying to device trading systems, indicators and strategies.

I think you will find trading live a different beast than backtest. And you are trying to trade 6pairs when you have just begun your trading career.

Trade one pair and master it before you move on. I am not trying to blow away your system, but I think you are missing out so much detail and concentrating on the obvious.

Higher time frames, supp/resistence, fibs, trendlines, news times,etc, just to name a few.

We cant afford to be naive in the markets. There are very intelligent people trading.

I am sure you will figure it out yourself. I wish you the very best.

That being said, your system is good because you have simple rules. Maybe you just need to find filters for those ranging days. Who knows, maybe we all can be profitable with such a simple system.

Would love to read the progress on this thread. Try out a demo and post daily results.

Hi Mark,

unfortunately your paper work is irrelevant to real time trading. It does contain some serious errors however typical to beginners.

Look at these pictures. If you have any questions I wil answer them readily.

GL

Files:
usdjpy_3.gif  17 kb
usdchf_2.gif  19 kb
gbpusd_6.gif  15 kb
usdchf2.gif  22 kb
Reason: