Marks trendline cross system 1000 pips - page 7

Hello Mark,

Thanks for this, I am not sure if the indicator is not totally right, I will see tonight why it hasnot work for you and post the amended EA.

Sorry for this, as in backtesting it is working fine so I have to check with forward testing.

Let me know if you would like to implement other rules and see where we can go from there.

S.

Ea

sunwest:
Hello Mark,

Thanks for this, I am not sure if the indicator is not totally right, I will see tonight why it hasnot work for you and post the amended EA.

Sorry for this, as in backtesting it is working fine so I have to check with forward testing.

Let me know if you would like to implement other rules and see where we can go from there.

S.

Sunwest, it could be me, I am not real good with some of these tools.

Mark

Hello Mark,

I have tried yesterday and I had a buy signal trigerred on 1H, it seemed to work fine, where I am not sute is if it can take more than a trade at once.

Should check this out today.

S.

looks good will forward test it thanks

Hi Mark,

This kind of a moving average cross is where I first got excited about Forex, as the guy who sold me the system showed all kinds of charts where he followed the trend both up and down for hundreds of pips. I thought, "how easy!" And it was!

Until I hit range-bound markets and every whipsaw hit my stop loss for almost 3 days straight, and totally wiped out my account.

Well that is my experience. It may not be yours. I hope you are able to make this work, but like RadicalMoses said, you need to figure out a way to filter the whips, or you'll get whipped real bad .

I'll be following along.

sunwest:
Hello Mark,

I have tried yesterday and I had a buy signal trigerred on 1H, it seemed to work fine, where I am not sute is if it can take more than a trade at once.

Should check this out today.

S.

Hello Sunwest ! I am testing this EA, but, he doesn't do up to now he didn't make any purchase, and any sale.

I am using with the indicator that it was improved by you LSMA - v1, in the time of 1 h .

At once I thank for the help!

Magno Costa.

Brasil (Rio de Janeiro)

mikejody:
Hi Mark,

This kind of a moving average cross is where I first got excited about Forex, as the guy who sold me the system showed all kinds of charts where he followed the trend both up and down for hundreds of pips. I thought, "how easy!" And it was!

Until I hit range-bound markets and every whipsaw hit my stop loss for almost 3 days straight, and totally wiped out my account.

Well that is my experience. It may not be yours. I hope you are able to make this work, but like RadicalMoses said, you need to figure out a way to filter the whips, or you'll get whipped real bad .

I'll be following along.

the best strategy in range market is to use hedge instead of stop loss

you can see it makes lot of money if your buy and sell placed near supports and resistances

but don't forget it depend on your broker who may not allow you to hedge on same symbol

sunwest:
Ok thanks for the precision.

Here is an EA based from the LSMA with 2 LSMA lines together (slow + fast) and an arrow at the crossover to buy and sell.

S.

Hello! This indicator LSMA could emit a resonant sign in the crossing of the lines?

Thank you.

Magno Costa

Brasil/Rio de Janeiro

Another idea for the EA

A possible exit for a trade could be when LSMA-V1.2 prints an arrow in the opposite direction.

Thanks, Jack

3rd LSMA as filter

Hi, thanks to DMCST for hosting this thread, and everyone else for posting. I was looking at Sunwest's LSMA-V1.2 indicator and I noticed that a 3rd, larger period LSMA seems to help prevent whipsaws. The 3rd LSMA can establish a trend. We could take the trade on the cross of the fast and slow LSMA only if the trade agrees with the trend LSMA.

Would Sunwest consider adding this feature to his EA-LSMA-V1.2?

I'm looking at 7,20 and 55 LSMA

The attached LSMA in Color4 could be used as the trend indicator. Take short trade if the LSMA is red, long on green. No trade on yellow? Also, if we get crossover first, but the trend LSMA does not agree, but then does agree a few bars later, take the trade when the trend LSMA agrees.

Thanks, Jack

Files:
Reason: