How to calculate Moving Average of a Moving Average

Hi Guys,

Can you please tell me how can i calculate the moving average of a moving average which is already on the chart....

Thanks

Babar

Hi,

Try to search DEMA for example.

Trying to find a MQL4 Moving Average of a Moving Average

Hi all,

I have been searching for an indicator that will display two lines. As an example - (1) a 25 period moving average and then a 3 period moving average of that 25 period moving average.

Ideally, I would have 3 of these pairs displayed with different periods for each of the pairs.

Can anyone help me find what I am looking for?

davidb:
Hi all,

I have been searching for an indicator that will display two lines. As an example - (1) a 25 period moving average and then a 3 period moving average of that 25 period moving average.

Ideally, I would have 3 of these pairs displayed with different periods for each of the pairs.

Can anyone help me find what I am looking for?

If you're asking what I think you are, you can do that w/ standard MT4 moving average indicator.

Put your first indicator, in this instance the 25 period MA, on the chart. Then drag and drop a second MA indicator on top of the 25 period MA and if you do it correctly, in the drop down box labeled "Apply To", there will appear an option to select @ the very bottom "First Indicator's Data". Should do the trick.

If this isn't what you meant or if you already knew about this, excuse me.

Peace

Files:
overlay_1.jpg  129 kb
overlay_2.jpg  133 kb

MA of MA

maofma.mq4

Files:
maofma.mq4  2 kb
maofma_1.gif  54 kb
Reason: