Marks trendline cross system 1000 pips - page 5

Tradin

Did you notice that the down arrow was posted on USD/CHF chart five hours ago but the cross did not happen.

Also, EUR/YEN chart, the down arrow was posted but it did not cross. By the way, EUR/YEN was stopped out. The trade should have not launched at first place in absent of cross.

Maybe Sunwest will figure out and make some adjustments.

Yes I saw that also. must have gotten pretty close. Are we having fun yet.

Mark

radicalmoses:
Hi,

Nice work on backtest. I hope you dont mind my comments though.

Firstly, what you are doing is as old as technical anlysis and the basis of trend following systems for a long time.

The system does look simple and completely tradeable. However, just one month backtest is not good. As you will trade it you will find out a lot of reasons why your system might fail in the long run. The range bound days will wipe out all your profits. and since you need to take multiple profit levels you have to take positions all at once and if the positions go against you, you are looking at a big loss.

Have a look at hourly chart and see how lagging the indicators are you will notice that you are taking positions well over the long term MA. If positions will turn against you as in a range bound market. You are looking at large loss with a big position. While taking profits you are scaling out and locking in lesser profits. Well, your backtest suggest otherwise. I suppose that your backtest is based on eyeballing the charts.

If only trading was as easy as cross of MA and multiple level profits, wouldnt we just have one trading system and multimillionaires.

The question you have to as yourself is if you think such a simple system is so profitable, why would so many people spend s much time trying to device trading systems, indicators and strategies.

I think you will find trading live a different beast than backtest. And you are trying to trade 6pairs when you have just begun your trading career.

Trade one pair and master it before you move on. I am not trying to blow away your system, but I think you are missing out so much detail and concentrating on the obvious.

Higher time frames, supp/resistence, fibs, trendlines, news times,etc, just to name a few.

We cant afford to be naive in the markets. There are very intelligent people trading.

I am sure you will figure it out yourself. I wish you the very best.

That being said, your system is good because you have simple rules. Maybe you just need to find filters for those ranging days. Who knows, maybe we all can be profitable with such a simple system.

Would love to read the progress on this thread. Try out a demo and post daily results.

Hallo,

Good comments, but can you sugest a longterm trading plan that actually work? I'm on a demo and useing trendlines on H4 to determine the trend. I'm not sure what to look for allover. sorry for the spelling.

tradin

Thanks for the comment.

Long term trade is kinda relative, this system looks like you would trade once or two times per day. I feel this is much better then every hour. I would be happy to be trading on a daily basis.

Also this system looks pretty good on a 4h and 1d chart if you can take the volatility. If you find a good longer system I am surely interested

Thanks again

Mark

Hello,

Here is the slightly modified LSMA indicator, I added 2 more fonctionality:

=> CrossBarInProgress = false;

// If set to true then a cross can happen while Bar is in progress (can trigger false signal if retrace)

// If set to false, only calculate for the last Bar at Open of a New Bar, should not trigger false signal

=> extern bool AlertCross= false;

//if set to true then an alert will be displayed at cross

Hope this help.

S.

Files:
lsma-v1.1.mq4  4 kb

Thanks

sunwest:
Hello,

// If set to true then a cross can happen while Bar is in progress (can trigger false signal if retrace)

// If set to false, only calculate for the last Bar at Open of a New Bar, should not trigger false signal

Hope this help.

S.

Thanks I will give this a try. Pretty bad for the first day out. I am not giving up yet

Tomorrow

Got stopped out on eurusd @ 1.7423 around 20:00 gmt

also eurjpy 142.34 @ 19:44 gmt

better strategy next time.

I have to work starting Friday AM and will not be back until Sun PM thats my work program, so after tonight I am gone until Sunday. Have a great weekend all.

I like the new function on the indicator sunwest.

Mark

Indicator

sunwest:
Hello,

Hope this help.

S.

Does this indicator changes color on the ends to warn of trend change

Mark

Indicator

DMCST:
Does this indicator changes color on the ends to warn of trend change Mark

Nope I found I still had my old multi-color trendline indicator in my chart. Sorry for the confusion.

Mark

It is Friday chill out

Hello Mark,

I think it is a good experience for all of us to start simple and improve it via trial and error, surely it can only get better from here

I started the EA for this indicator, but unfortunatly I would away this week end, so would have no time to improve it.

Sometime taking time off out of forex is a good way of seeing things under a different angle, so Mark enjoy your weekend at work and wee ya on sunday night on the forum.

Could someone post us with the eventual cross in today 4 major's using the latest EA v1.1

with CrossBarInProgress = false to only get signal on full bar and AlertCross=true to receive the alert, that would be great.

Thanks for your feedback

S.

Detail Data

sunwest:
Hello Mark,

I think it is a good experience for all of us to start simple and improve it via trial and error, surely it can only get better from here

I started the EA for this indicator, but unfortunatly I would away this week end, so would have no time to improve it.

Sometime taking time off out of forex is a good way of seeing things under a different angle, so Mark enjoy your weekend at work and wee ya on sunday night on the forum.

Could someone post us with the eventual cross in today 4 major's using the latest EA v1.1

with CrossBarInProgress = false to only get signal on full bar and AlertCross=true to receive the alert, that would be great.

Thanks for your feedback

S.

I will work on this this weekend. Also made up some ground last night, the market complied with the rules.

Have a good one.

Mark

Reason: