Ema Cross! - page 75

I have problems woth EMA Cross...I dont know how to setup with my account 500 % and i find error ...Plz help

Elminster:
I am new to forex and am currently using EMA_CROSS_6 attached below.

I switch between 15mins and 4hr timeframes a lot. I want the MA to work only on the 15mins timeframe even though i am currently viewing the 4hr timeframe.

I need to know if the EA will change settings and start monitoring or enter/exit trades on the new 4hr Timeframe i am currently on, or on the initial 15min Timeframe which i was on when i first started using the EA.

Please don't touch the chart with the EA, simply roll it down and keep it that way. Each time you switch time frame the EA is restarted.

At the same time, it does not matter what you do with the chart as long as you don't close it and don't change time frame, meaning you can attach as many indicators as you like (but only 1 EA).

Petar_Serbia

Error 131 is "invalid trade volume", check lot size.

Shinigami:
Please don't touch the chart with the EA, simply roll it down and keep it that way. Each time you switch time frame the EA is restarted.

At the same time, it does not matter what you do with the chart as long as you don't close it and don't change time frame, meaning you can attach as many indicators as you like (but only 1 EA).

Thank you for this very important clarification

how does EAs work?

I am new to forex and am currently using EMA_CROSS_6 attached below.

I switch between 15mins and 4hr timeframes a lot. I want the EA to work only on the 15mins timeframe even though i am currently viewing the 4hr timeframe.

I need to know if the EA will change settings and start monitoring or enter/exit trades on the new 4hr Timeframe i am currently on, or on the initial 15min Timeframe which i was on when i first started using the EA.

Files:
ema_cross_6.mq4  12 kb

Can somone remove repaint from this indicator? (5-8 EMA openEMA cross)

Can someone help me out? Should be pretty straightforward...

Sometimes an arrow appears and then disappear...

code issue

camisa:
Can someone help me out? Should be pretty straightforward... Sometimes an arrow appears and then disappear...

fasterEMAnow = iMA(NULL, 0, FasterEMA, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, i);

fasterEMAprevious = iMA(NULL, 0, FasterEMA, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, i+1);

fasterEMAafter = iMA(NULL, 0, FasterEMA, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, i-1);

slowerEMAnow = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerEMA, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_OPEN, i);

slowerEMAprevious = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerEMA, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_OPEN, i+1);

slowerEMAafter = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerEMA, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_OPEN, i-1);

Change PRICE_OPEN to PRICE_CLOSE that should help the repaint issue.

Petor

codersguru:
This even better:

TakeProfit: 130

Lots: 1

TrailingStop:20

TimeFrame: Daily

Hello, Master CodersGuru! I'm new Trader-Student, and not speek MQL4- and English-Languages. Plese You for help my! I like to find one Function, for: "Close All Positions of exactly fixed Price". Thank You, very much, for The Programs, thet You are publish release! Thank You!

How do I avoid being whipsawed?

Hi,

I'm writing a basic EA that initiates a trade based on the 8 and 13 EMA crossing on H1.

When I backtest this I see that during certain periods, the lines crossover and re-crossover giving false signals...basically price is trading up and down in a tight range and causing the crossover signals to fire.

As you know, the MA crossover works best in a trending market, not when it's bobbling up and down and not going anywhere.

See attached chart for an example of what I mean...between the blue vertical lines I have marked 5 'X' spots where the lines crossover.

Is there any indicator I can use to add to the existing EA MA crossover signals system to prevent entering a trade during times when price is whipsawing up and down. How can I 'programmatically' tell when not to enter a trade during these conditions?

Cheers,

Jenks.

what if electricity problem?

Hi all,

Will this EA(EMA_CROSSmod.mq4) recognize if a trade has not been closed while the computer was turned off because of an electricity outage or internet connection problem in my area? And will it be able to resume the same trade?

Regards,

Ema4

With 12hur

Reason: