Ema Cross! - page 77

Dear codersguru

First of ,i wanted to congratulate you on this great ea.

I am new to forex market,and have been looking everywhere to find a good ea.

There is one thing i wanted to ask you ,to kindly put in your ea. I guess it helps a lot.

I understood that your ea follows the trend.

Can you customize it in this way:

1- it is customized to be used on 5 or 15 min chart instead of a daily chart.

2- the trend is based on a higher time frame. Lets say 30min/h1/h4

3-the parameters used for ema be changed to 4 and 8 and also based on a higher time frame.

4- if possible include damiani-volatmeter v 3.2 as a filter.in my test i found out it helps alot to stay away from lots of unwanted trades.

I am developing a strategy for myself. Actually i am child in forex market ,so i am only putting together different indicators.

But i understood that if we trade on a 5min chart and use ema 4 and ema 8 based on a 15 min or 30 min chart and also use a mtf trend indicator which is based on a higher time frame it gives us a lot of opportunity .and more accurate trades.

I hope you have enough time for such ideas and change your ea a little bit.

And also if possible ,and if you made the ea,please kindly send a copy to my email : sami.biz.email@gmail.com so i will be sure to see the result.

Thanks alot for your attention and the time you are spending on helping others.

HIDEURGOAT:
marandy to change the color you should be able to right click on the ma and go to properties. Then change the Style to the color of your choice. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks for advice but I want change color of moving average in my EA

How to use EMA cross

Hi! EA Traders!

I'm new on trading using meta trader EA .

Anybody get me clues how do I use Codersguru EMA cross on my alfari DEMO acount?

Thank you.

I got some nice results settings in backtests but unfortunately the EMA cross v6 posted few pages back, doesnt work with ECN broker. I get error sending order all the time. Error 130.

Could anyone fix this?

Supranium:
I got some nice results settings in backtests but unfortunately the EMA cross v6 posted few pages back, doesnt work with ECN broker. I get error sending order all the time. Error 130. Could anyone fix this?

Hi Supranium,

ECN's use "Market Execution" that do not accept SL and TP in the order send. They have to be modified later.

Try using SL=0 and TP=0 if the inputs can be changed by user.

If not, change the OrderSend code from:

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slippage,Ask-StopLoss*Point,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,comment,MAGICMA,0,Green);

To

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slippage,0,0,comment,MAGICMA,0,Green);

-----

Edit - Actually it's better to change the code so the SL and TP can still be used inthe OrderModify code to send a SL and TP (after the OrderSend).

Hope this helps,

Robert

thank you very much for help. I did this code change and on alpari MT4 it runs through backtest nicely. Not puting SL or TP in the beginning and modifiing later. Still i saw some modification errors but only some.

But. It doesnt want to run on my Iamfx tester. It uses the same alpary history but just different broker. On iamfx backtest it makes the first order only and after this it gives only errors without making any orders.

Maybe its some kind of bug and it will still work on forward test. I will try it as soon as markets will come online on sunday night.

Thank you again.

Problem half solved now. Order error was 131 what means that invalid lot size. My alpari tester has micro lots and iamfx doesnt. Anyway error comes even if i state minimum lot size as 0.1 or 1.0. Error stops coming then i put MM= false.

So i will turn it off for forward test and increase lot size manually if needed.

Thanks again.

what settinsg where you using? I have back tested it and did not see anything amazing. I lost money in the test.

Any ideas?

MA overall is very simple but laggy. If it works, it works only on specific TF and with very accurate TP SL levels. This EMA CROSS EA expects similar situations repeating themselfs. So i chosed eurchf because its known as very balanced pair.

I also tried to get proper settings with other pairs but i didnt manage it. ( I didnt spend too much time with other pairs tho. )

You can try to backtest eurch or eurgbp or usdcad even and dont be too greedy with putting huge SL and TP. Medium will do.

Its very simple EA so backtesting each setting will take only minute or two.

Automated optimizing doesnt work. (at least it didnt for me)

Changing slow and fast MA values is crucial too. You need to find the right ones.

Dont expect you EA settings to work profit more than year. This simple EA needs adjusting all the time. If you see losses which you think you could avoid in future with adjusting some setting then do so.

Good luck!

Simple EMA Advisor

Hi everyone. I'm new here, so please forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I've been through several threads and can't find the answer I'm looking for. I would like a simple EA that initiates long and/or short positions based on an EMA crossing with values that I set. I don't particularly care about risk level, moving shift, etc, but i would like to set the lot size. I just want it to open a short position when the 10 crosses down below the 20, then closes the trade when the 10 crosses back up above the 20. The same when going the other direction; open a long position when the 10 crosses up above the 20, and then closes the trade when the 10 crosses back down below the 20. Is there already something out there that will do this? The Moving Average EA in MT4 is so-so, but I can't figure out how to input my own MA values. I would like to be able to change the EMA values, so I can experiment a bit. Again, I apologize if this has already been answered, or if it's posted in the wrong place. Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks.

ed

Request: EA to trade random horizontal line

Hello ,

I hope you can help me to do EA with the following rules:

*- open trade when EMA 5 cross with random horizontal line value set by user.

1- Trade not be open before the candle close so EMA 5 crossing is confirmed.

2- stop lose option + trialing stop.

3- Take profit :

-|- take profit 1 - take off half profit and leave the other half of the lot running.

-|- take profit 2 - close the rest of the position.

4- inverse the position with next cross + increasing lot size:

mean if my current position now is 1 lot buy so the next trade when the cross happen is to close the buy and be sell 1 lots then when its inverse on next cross= close sell & open buy 3 lots (1,2,3,4,5)

Kind regards,

Alaa

Reason: