Ema Cross! - page 68

asaaadmy:
Dear Codersguru

I am really interested in understanding the logic behind the below code in your EMA_CROSS_2 EA.

//Don't work in the first load, wait for the first cross!

static bool first_time = true;

if(first_time == true)

{

first_time = false;

return (0);

}

When you say "//Don't work in the first load, wait for the first cross! " what do you mean by that please?

I would like to take this opportunity to say hello to you and to everybody in this forum.

Many thanks

Asaaadmy

I just read through the thread, it seems that when EA first load, it will place order, that part of logic is to rectify this. I believe

All,

It's been nearly 8 months since this thread started with much activity until the last several weeks. EMA Cross V2 has some outstanding performance early on. I'm wondering if you all are still working with this EA and if so, are you still seeing good results are varying TFs.

Thanks,

Alan

updated

Hi, all I been forward testing EMA_Cross_2 but, is this the best one could some post the last one.

possible improvement on ema cross v2

Hi codersguru!

wonderful work on EAs. I would like to ask if you could ad the following two functions to ema cross v2.

1. stop and reverse (with trUe/false)

2. partial close of open lots as price reaches fib levels based on a 55 SMA (levels are 13,-13, 33,-33,55,-55,89-89,144,-144,233,-233)-so many levels to alow for trading in lower time frames.... or perhaps you could add three +/- levels that can be custom set. Also one should be able to set number of lots to close on each level.. In the end if there are still lots opened they should close on S/L, T/S or stop and reverse, whichever comes first.

I think these 2 additions combined with all the awsome options already available in the current version would make this EA a truly universal EA for any sort of MA variations. Thanks for showing us "THE WAY".

Ema Cross Sidus Version

EmaCross mod tried to make it as double ema cross according to trading rules of a strategy called Sidus.(attached)

Hi All, i tested "EmaCrossSidus" on 4h & TP=150 SL=50 TS=10 and modeling by control pionts.

Can somebody tell me how to test it in forward whit "control points".

Help me, Please

Peace

Files:

I started forward testing EMA_Cross_Sidius and when activated it instantly took a SELL position when all the indicators outlined in the strategy were indicating a BUY postion. Any thoughts on why this happened? Otherwise this thing backtests really well.

EDIT

*I am now assuming this EA is using a counter-trend strategy, as opposed to the actual trading style outlined in the attached PDF*

Played with right it can still be profitable as far as a backtest can be accurate

My two cents

Kiup00:
I started forward testing EMA_Cross_Sidius and when activated it instantly took a SELL position when all the indicators outlined in the strategy were indicating a BUY postion. Any thoughts on why this happened? Otherwise this thing backtests really well.

EDIT

*I am now assuming this EA is using a counter-trend strategy, as opposed to the actual trading style outlined in the attached PDF*

Played with right it can still be profitable as far as a backtest can be accurate

Okay, after reviewing all of the versions of the EMA Cross I've determend that the last version v.5 states this line in the 'external' (extern bool immediate_trade = true;). It appears that the earlier versions did not allow you to change this in the inputs window when attatched to EA chart. Changing this to 'false' will not allow the EA to trade immediatly but wait for the cross. I may be wrong here, I've not tried it yet due to me not being at my home computer. But it's what I'm finding. I may stand corrected by a more intelligent source. TTYL, Kevin

EMAs - Use them with the Framework

The best way to use EMAs is with the Absolute Fibonacci Framework. They just don't make as much sense in any other environment.

EMA Cross 2 Backtest Results

Hi everyone,

First post here and happy to have something to add at last.

Apart from the huge stop loss what am I missing with this backtest? It has to be too good to be true, right?

I used good Alpari data and messed with the External Variable settings until I got this result. I am also forward testing this EA with CFG so will report results.

My whole theory here was to allow a giant stop loss and let the market float around until it hit the appropriate target. Scary, but did it work?

Take care :-)

Reason: