Price Patterns(Gartley,Butterfly,Bat,...) - page 95

GilR:
ND -- any hints to this special MACD?

I will need to remind to myself about this semi-automatic methods, instal the charts, remind the rules about how I did it last time (it was few years ago), start to trade ... and after that only - I can tell something.

It will take few days anyway.

chrisstoff:
I tried to integrate something similar as TrendScalp public strategy into the current version of 10point3 EA to get a semi-automatic EA. I added a new strategy 'TrendScalp' to the EA based on Gann High-Low activator Heiken Ashi arrows.mq4 and VoltyChannel_Stop_v2.2M_alerts.mq4 indicators. I cannot integrate MaksiGen_Range_Move.mq4 indicator; sorry I am not a programmer .

I added a short name to the two indicators, please find them attached. (The indicators must be in experts/indicators folder, otherwise the EA doesn't work.)

A couple of new variables:

extern string myStrategy = "TrendScalp"; // The user can select between MACD or TrandScalp strategies

extern int BuyOK = 1; // If BuyOK = 1 and SellOK = 1, then the EA takes both long and short orders.

extern int SellOK = 1; // If BuyOK = 1 and SellOK != 1, then the EA takes only buy orders. So if the trader knows the direction from harmonic signal, then the proper setting can be selected.

// Variables for setting the proper values for GannnHiLo indicator

extern int MaLength = 20;

extern int MaMode = 0;

// Variables for setting the proper values for VoltyChannelStop indicator

extern int MA_Price = 0;

extern int MA_Length = 1; // The EA comes with the default indicator values.

extern int MA_Mode = 0;

extern double Kv = 4;

I checked it against workability only but did not tested for profitability, etc.

I think at using it in semi automatic mode for trading harmonic signals one should set the InitialStop parameter to be in agreement of the proper stoploss of the harmonic pattern.

I also think Multiplier and MaxTrades should be kept in fairly and safely low level.

Seeing some test results would be nice

Regards,

Chrisstoff

I set the "Initial Stop" to 15, but it closed out at -45. Not sure how to set a stop.

Gil

Hi Gil,

The Volty Channel Stop indicator's default setting is MA_Length set at 1. It should work with that setting.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

GilR:
Hi Chrisstoff

Should the VoCh Ma Length be 1?

Have put the EA on a 1min Eur chart trading both ways with TP=5 and SL=15

I will let it run see how it pans out.

Maybe it needs some way to only trade if Trading Range last hour or so 20 pips or so?

Gil

GilR:
I set the "Initial Stop" to 15, but it closed out at -45. Not sure how to set a stop. Gil

Did you have only one trade or three trades at the end when the stoploss was hit?

Well, it calculates the stoploss as follows:

For sell orders

SellPrice+InitialStop + (MaxTrades-OpenOrders)*Pips

For buy orders

BuyPrice-InitialStop - (MaxTrades-OpenOrders)*Pips

Meaning, the length of InitialStop will be increased depending on the MaxTrades, actual OpenOrders (opened by the EA) and the pipstep (Pips). Since this EA originally is a Martingale EA, this kind of stop setting is to prevent the EA stopping out the whole progression of open orders when the price hits the first order's stoploss level.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

There was only 1 trade active. Infact it only triggers 1 trade at a time for me.

I had it on a 1min chart... now I am trying 5 and 15min

Gil

It now works, look forward to understanding this now.

Files:

indicator?

matfx:
Hi Rob, I have answer your PM. Here i have attached 2 pictures, one is zup v83 and the other one is zupv92.

Hello

I was wondering what you use to show the spread, high low and daily average?

Thankx

ND

I am long gbp/usd, I have a target area of 1.6180 on the daily and 1.6240 on the weekly.

On this attached chart there is an abc pattern on the daily and I think magenta so it is under development? Can you give your interpretation with arrows on this chart, thank you so much.

Files:

mrsatan:
Hello

I was wondering what you use to show the spread, high low and daily average?

Thankx

The indicator, daily data window, was coded by CJA. You can find here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177278

Blue arrows are for complete patterns.

Magenta color is for developing patterns (not complete yet).

There are also important - the direction of the arrow: up arrow is for bullish (uptrend), down arrow is for bearish (downtrend.

Reason: