How to determine the spreads?

I am trying to find the spread widening during news for different brokers. I am not sure if there are any scripts or EA that can log the spreads for lets say a session.

According to my trading experience, I do believe that in spite of having most influential analyzing trade information it is not possible to build accomplishment in Forex if you do not have a dependable support from a trading platform which is very supportive of you. Most of the people especially who are newcomer are faced a big problem to select a trading platform to trade.

Ray Cooper:
I don’t need to calculate trading spread as I get fixed trading spread facility from broker. This 0.01 trading spread is my best inspiration for doing scalping. I believe, for doing short term trading low trading spread is the main requirement for a Forex trader. By the way, in my live trading I use every kind of trading style even hedging.

This is good that the spread is low as that will make sure you can focus on your trading without having to worry about paying higher trading spreads.

I am trading in the ECN trading account with very low market spreads.

Isabelle Watson:
This is good that the spread is low as that will make sure you can focus on your trading without having to worry about paying higher trading spreads. I am trading in the ECN trading account with very low market spreads.

Market spread (if it is really an ECN broker) do not depend on the broker, but on the market. ECN broker has nothing to do with that

techmac:
Market spread (if it is really an ECN broker) do not depend on the broker, but on the market. ECN broker has nothing to do with that

Yes that is True and the Spreads are much lower than the Regular Forex brokers

Isabelle Watson:
Yes that is True and the Spreads are much lower than the Regular Forex brokers

And what about commission?

Isabelle Watson:
This is good that the spread is low as that will make sure you can focus on your trading without having to worry about paying higher trading spreads. I am trading in the ECN trading account with very low market spreads.

Hey Watson ,

Can you please clear my doubt regarding the ECN brokers. By ECN it is meant that no extra spread is being charged by the brokers as the spread is directly provided by the Liquidity providers. Still I have heard a lot of times that ECN brokers are market makers. Is that true?

Thanks in Advance

nbtrading:
And what about commission?

Even after adding the commission the cost is less than the regular forex broker accounts and that is why it is more profitable to trade in the ECN accounts

mark havens:
Hey Watson ,

Can you please clear my doubt regarding the ECN brokers. By ECN it is meant that no extra spread is being charged by the brokers as the spread is directly provided by the Liquidity providers. Still I have heard a lot of times that ECN brokers are market makers. Is that true?

Thanks in Advance

Those Forex brokers who are True ECN will always route their orders to the Liquidity Providers and this is why they are called ECN Brokers

A Market maker is not an ECN broker and if any broker is using such things they are not ECN at all

Isabelle Watson:
Those Forex brokers who are True ECN will always route their orders to the Liquidity Providers and this is why they are called ECN Brokers A Market maker is not an ECN broker and if any broker is using such things they are not ECN at all

I think that you are a bit confused : there is always a spread. Bid and ask is never the same (regardless of the type of the broker) - that is called a market spread. It is natural that someone wants to sell at a higher price than the price that someone offers to buy

But when you add commissions (all the commission types) you may end with paying more than with regular broker.

And the last : since ECN brokers always demand that there can be deviation in the price desired to execute the order open or close, it depends if you are first in a row or last in a row for execution. The last in a row (small traders) will always get worse prices that the first in the row

ECN is not invented to make broker revenues smaller

Reason: