Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 40

Question on Alpari

I see that you have many more pairs in your Alpari account than I do Newdigital. I'm testing A9 with the 12 pairs my account shows. I run the UK version so I can access someones demo account and it looks like you do also. May I ask if you know anything about this? I have not opened a live account with Alpari, maybe this is why? The Alpari web site does not note a difference in pairs available between live and demo. I would like to add more of the pairs the system was optimized for originaly and you use Alpari so I would like to stick to it.

Thanks

PowerBySol:
I see that you have many more pairs in your Alpari account than I do Newdigital. I'm testing A9 with the 12 pairs my account shows. I run the UK version so I can access someones demo account and it looks like you do also. May I ask if you know anything about this? I have not opened a live account with Alpari, maybe this is why? The Alpari web site does not note a difference in pairs available between live and demo. I would like to add more of the pairs the system was optimized for originaly and you use Alpari so I would like to stick to it. Thanks

Alpari Russia which ND is using for testing have more pairs then Alpari UK and Alpari US have less than Rus and UK.

But they're completely different brokers just the name it's the same.

PowerBySol:
I see that you have many more pairs in your Alpari account than I do Newdigital. I'm testing A9 with the 12 pairs my account shows. I run the UK version so I can access someones demo account and it looks like you do also. May I ask if you know anything about this? I have not opened a live account with Alpari, maybe this is why? The Alpari web site does not note a difference in pairs available between live and demo. I would like to add more of the pairs the system was optimized for originaly and you use Alpari so I would like to stick to it. Thanks

Alpha with new settings (PercentEquityTrailing = 1) is testing on Alpari UK. Alpha with old settings (PercentEquityTrailing = 2) is testing on IBFX.

Why Alpari UK? Because IBFX is deleting old history sometimes and Alpari UK - not. Just my technical reason.

To have many pairs: right mouse click on 'Market Watch', than 'Symbols' and - 'Show' symbols.

You can have about 30 pars in Alpari UK.

Same with IBFX.

But you do not need 30 pairs.

I am testing Alpha for 19 pairs (Alpari UK and IBFX broker). The pairs were suggested by author of this EA on this thread.

It is Alpha EA with PercentEquityTrailing = 1:

Files:

Alpha with new settings (PercentEquityTrailing = 1):

It is Alpha with old settings (PercentEquityTrailing = 2) testing from long time ago:

Situation is updated.

Alpha with new settings (PercentEquityTrailing = 1):

It is Alpha with old settings (PercentEquityTrailing = 2) testing from long time ago:

Thanks L and ND -

I was looking around on File, View, Tools etc. for some kind of update and all I have to do is R click - DoH! I've done that everywhere else in the program...

I've read the first 20 pages of the thread and hope to get another 10 done today. I believe I read that you can manually close a trade that is open with out disrupting the EA, has anyone had a problem doing that? I know one is suppose to let the winners run and will most likely keep my meddling to a minimum but on the current AUD/USD trade it's tempting to take the 140 pips.

(added)Around post 200 you show settings Newdigital, so I looked at the A/U trade and it was initiated by the SRSI engine (if I understand such things) yet there is no TakeProfit setting for this. Does this mean the SRSI engine does it's magic and take profit when the indicators say the trend has done it's bend? If that's the case, I get it - no touchy touchy ;-}

(another add) Reading pays off ;-} Around post 260 I caught something and looked at A/U graph to see 'triggered on D1 TF by SRSI'. Now the week is over so I can't close it and it will run because I will be on the coast in Big Sir come Sunday and don't think I'll be online at open. I know you test all time frames and news to be thorough ND, though I would love to hear thoughts about the D1 timeframe. I will try looking though your updates and add up totals for D1 trades. Post 30 claims smaller TF are less profitable. I take from this that the larger TF had bigger profit, yet also maybe bigger DD.

Another question if I may, in your experience with this EA does the same settings really make a big difference on different broker platforms? I'm testing on Alpari yet I trade with ODL. When I run ODL demo I do so on my laptop and can not leave it on. If it does I'll have to rig something up with ODL to leave on for a demo. I tried to run the same install twice - no go.

Happy Weekend -

Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 1:

Files:

Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 2 which I am testing during the many months already (i am not sure but I think it is default settings):

Files:

Updated.

Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 2 which I am testing during the many months already:

It is the situation right now (after the news).

Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 2:

Reason: