Scalp_net - page 50

Thank you for your answer Digital ~

May I ask how long and how is it doing please?...

I would like to try to nail something down with this and since you've been all over it what do you think is it's weakest link?

Or where do you think something could be done to improve upon it?

That no backtesting is really weird an bugs me, I've never seen that (bad backtest but runs good forward).

Is there any type of PATTERN that you see in any Time frame that was interesting? I would like to screw around with this but just need it get to know it so anything you can tell me will help quicken the process ~

Thanks in advance

Chart ~

May I ask how long and how is it doing please?...

Few years. I attached EAs to the chart in 2006 or 2007 and I changed account only when the broker was changed from 4 digit to 5 digit, or when the servers were changed by provider (2 times). So I am writing as "old statement" (statements since 2006 or 2007 on same account before inter net provider was changed), and normal statements/excel files from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173403/page28

(after that).

You can see the performance in excel files and in normal statements here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173403/page28 (this link is changed every week).

So, when you are speaking about backtesting, and if I am having forward testing results with same settings since 2006 ... so backtesting is useless in this case.

I am using backitesting to find the good settings for the EA, and to understand how EA works (how many trades EA will open simultaniously, what is stop loss and take profit values, and so on).

As I said - performance of Scalp_versions is different for different broker (mainly because if I-XO indicator).

May be you want to use: Scalp_net EAs versions are reliable or not?

Any EAs based on EMA crossing - can not be reliable in the way of long run (few months with same settings trading).

Because of EMA crossing nature ...

Scalp_net EAs versions are EMA crossing EAs.

If we are talking about consistent profit every month ...

So, in case of MA indicator's crossing - it will be always as

profitable month

losing month

profitable year

losing year

So, what is going on right now with MAChannel EA (profitable consistently but with 1 broker only) - it is very exceptional case.

Microlots and minilots

How can i set it to microlots (0,01)? If i set it to 0,01, it opens 0,1 and if i set it to 0,001, it opens 0,1 too

The minimal lot size depends on the chosen broker : this ea adapts it minimal lot size to the one returned by the broker (this line of the code does that : if(lot<lot_min) lot=lot_min;) If the value returned by the broker for the minimal lot size is 0.1 that the ea uses that and not some value that is smaller than that (otherwise, when placing an order, a broker would reject such an order) So it depends on the account type and the broker you are using

regards

mladen

Heilpraktiker:
How can i set it to microlots (0,01)? If i set it to 0,01, it opens 0,1 and if i set it to 0,001, it opens 0,1 too

I have been watching this for days, I had to put this in a 5 min chart so you could view the trades and when they were, - is this the norm for this EA?

I just want to make sure as this will become my "baseline" for forward testing.

Thanks ~

Chart

I like this EA for a few reasons. I noticed I get different performance from ND, for example last week I only had 2 trades, not 3. I will try to get Alpari-Ru demo and see how it goes.

ND do you think we can copy your performance using RAS in a live account or will our broker destroy us anyway?

Using RAS - yes, it will be the same. Just few pips difference.

--------

Without RAS - if you are using any version of Scalp_net - the performance may be dfferent: M1 timeframe - because of M1 timeframe, Scalp_net_v1.5 - because of I-XO indicator.

Same case with most of the EAs everywhere.

Goldwarrior for example, any Step EA and so on.

I mean: most of the EAs based on moving averages indicators, zigzag and especially trading using M15 timeframe or lower - may have difference performance with difference brokers.

In this case demo or live - may be similar if using 1 broker.

But any performance may be dfference in case of 2 broker's comparing.

Especially Alpari and IBFX, or Alpari and FXDD for example.

Besides, - there are some differences between Alpari rus and Alpari UK because: the last broker is making spikes on the price, and the first - price freezing sometimes ...

So, ... select the right broker is 50% of the sucess.

About freezing of the price movement for Alpari rus.

I remember 1 trading system described in 1 russian forum. They are trading using this freezing: when Alpari rus broker's price is frozen on Metatrader's chart for few seconds (no any ticks for few seconds up to 1 minute) - it means - it will be big good movement or breakout soon.

It looks funny but as I remember - they had good resuilts with it.

Using this idea - Igorad created indicator for this section namely SpeedoMeter (posted somewhere in elite indicators' section for asctrend thread). Indicator determines the speed of the price movement. Interesting idea but no time to make it life because in most of the cases - it is valid for 1 or 2 brokers only (freezing of the price on the chart immediate before good movement with pre-selected direction).

XO indicator

I am new and need a little bit help: if i install the XO indi, it shows only green stripes over the total indicator window Its Alpari 5digit live

Reason: