Scalp_net - page 48

I think - it is something with the suffixes.

can you post screenshot of the chart of this broker with exact name of the symbol?

For example:

EURUSD_mfu?

EURUSDmfu?

jrbucks:
I have had scalp net v1.5 running on a demo account with Alpari UK for about a month now and it is doing well and working fine.

A couple of weeks ago I set it up on a MF Global demo to see how it did with my own broker and now it doesn't make any trades. The Alpari account is still running and making trades.

This is a mini account so I am using scalp net v1.5 mini but still no trades.

Anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

The currency symbols all have "mfu" after them. I assume the "m" is for mini, not sure what the "fu" is for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Do you see any errors in the Journal? Also, is the server a 4-digit or 5-digit server? The default settings are intended for 4-digit (if I recall correctly), so your trades will likely all error out with "Invalid stops" on a 5-digit server unless you modify the SL and TP.

Hope that helps.

newdigital:
I think - it is something with the suffixes.

can you post screenshot of the chart of this broker with exact name of the symbol?

For example:

EURUSD_mfu?

EURUSDmfu?

new digital

I am attaching a screenshot. As you can see the exact name is EURUSDmfu.

(I notice the screen shot shows an X in the top right corner. This happened when I was fooling around getting the screen shot. Rest assured it was a smiley face for the past weeks.)

Thanks,

Ralph

Files:

bagoomba:
Do you see any errors in the Journal? Also, is the server a 4-digit or 5-digit server? The default settings are intended for 4-digit (if I recall correctly), so your trades will likely all error out with "Invalid stops" on a 5-digit server unless you modify the SL and TP.

Hope that helps.

bagoomba

I see no errors in the journal. It reads as follows for each pair.

(2009.11.22 14:43:57 Expert Scalp_net_v1.51_mini USDJPYmfu,M5: loaded successfully)

and the indicator.

(2009.11.22 14:44:32 Custom indicator XO_forEA USDJPYmfu,M5: loaded successfully)

It is a five digit broker but so is the Alpari which is working fine.

Thanks,

Ralph

ScalpNet 1.3 Indicator

For my own curiosity, I wrote a quick and dirty Scalp_Net indicator. It is based on the code in the v1.3 EA.

It essentially plots 4 bars- each corresponding to one of the entry criteria of the EA. Hope you find this useful, if you are using this version of the EA.

FWIW, I continue to struggle to make the v1.5.1 EA work well. In forward testing it has consistently lost money while the 1.3 EA has done phenomenally well. In back-testing, I can get it to make money but only with really large draw-downs.

I'm testing against an IBFX-mini 4-digit account.

Files:

jrbucks,

I can not find anything in the code that would prevent it from executing if there is some suffix or prefix (nothing in the code depends on anything like that)

But it also seems that I can not find a metatrader platform for MB global FX (the ones I found are not metatrader platforms) Can you post their .srv file (from metatrader/config folder) so I can open a demo account on the exactly same server as yours in order to test why it does not trade?

regards

mladen

jrbucks:
new digital

I am attaching a screenshot. As you can see the exact name is EURUSDmfu.

(I notice the screen shot shows an X in the top right corner. This happened when I was fooling around getting the screen shot. Rest assured it was a smiley face for the past weeks.)

Thanks,

Ralph

mladen:
jrbucks,

I can not find anything in the code that would prevent it from executing if there is some suffix or prefix (nothing in the code depends on anything like that)

But it also seems that I can not find a metatrader platform for MB global FX (the ones I found are not metatrader platforms) Can you post their .srv file (from metatrader/config folder) so I can open a demo account on the exactly same server as yours in order to test why it does not trade?

regards

mladen

Hi mladen

I will attach the .srv files, there are two of them. MF Global did not have a metatrader account until FXCM closed their doors in British Columbia. Their signal is through Boston Technologies. They never seem to have posted it on their website. I will also post the link they gave me to download the platform.

MFGlobal-Demo2.srv

MFGlobal-Powered by BT.srv

http://www.metaquotes.net/files/mfglobal/mfg4setup.exe

Server address is: mt4.fxcorporate.com

Hope this works

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi

Can i get the latest version with set file and do we require any indicator .Please post it and if you have demo statment also will be great help Thanks

The statements are posted weekly for 4 versions since April 2006 (Scalp_net_v1.3 for 2 versions) and since June 2006 for Scalp_net_1.5 versions.

Weekly since 2006 every week.

I never changed the settings. It is same settings which was in 2006.

You need those 2 threads:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

For example, 1.3 versions did 195 pips in profit for this week, 1.3 version with timefilter made +232 pips for this week.

1.3 version with timefilter is connected with RAS service so if you are trading it - you should have +232 pips in your Metatrader (4 digit pips). This version with timefilter is profitable since 2006.

1.5 version did +234 pips (without timefilter), and +6 pips with timefilter. Both version are connected with RAS so you can have this profit if you are trading it with RAS.

As to the other versions - I did not test it yet.

Just look at this thread for more versions and the settings:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

Ralph,

I only now noticed that you answered. Sorry

Will check it now and will get back with what I find as soon as I have some results

regards

mladen

jrbucks:
Hi mladen

I will attach the .srv files, there are two of them. MF Global did not have a metatrader account until FXCM closed their doors in British Columbia. Their signal is through Boston Technologies. They never seem to have posted it on their website. I will also post the link they gave me to download the platform.

MFGlobal-Demo2.srv

MFGlobal-Powered by BT.srv

http://www.metaquotes.net/files/mfglobal/mfg4setup.exe

Server address is: mt4.fxcorporate.com

Hope this works

Thanks,

Ralph
Reason: