Firebird EA - page 27

RickW00716:
I have moved the EA files to the experts folder.

How can you get the EA to work on MT4?

It won't let me enable it

First of all read this post about autotrading https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174952/page5 (there are some usefull links).

Besides i am posting links for EAs downloading to files' thread. I am updating this files' thread almost every day. So please download everything from that thread.

As to Firebird so the link was posted on the files' thread is the following: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15

I just check those Firebird EAs from here and no any errors.

Don't forget to compile EAs in MetaEditor (or to re-start Metatrader) after placing EAs in /experts folder.

How should I go about calculating my money management with Firebird? Should I simply look at Firebird's stop loss when calculating how much risk I will be taking with this EA? Does Firebird ever hit that 130 pip stop loss? I haven't seen it done since I have been using it on my demo account.

I have another question, as well:

These are my Firebird time filter settings:

extern int FromHourTrade = 3;

extern int ToHourTrade = 17;

Does this mean that EA will start trading at 3 a.m., and then stop at 6 p.m. I am on the East Coast of the United States.

Yoda_Glenn:
How should I go about calculating my money management with Firebird? Should I simply look at Firebird's stop loss when calculating how much risk I will be taking with this EA? Does Firebird ever hit that 130 pip stop loss? I haven't seen it done since I have been using it on my demo account.

Explanation of the settings are here. As I understand from this explanation this stop loss is for all open orders (in pips), not for one order.

As to money management so i don't know ... This EA is having big drawdown openning many oerders per chart so you should have deposit big enough. Or use this EA in partocular market condition when EA is performing better.

markus06160:
hello,

if FXDD it's GMT+3 what the settings in my expert :

6H16H, 7H17H,8H18H?????

thanks.....

Hi markus06160,

Look at my explanation.

Now is 09:14 am GMT (i may see it in the end of the each page of our forum).

My local time is 11:14 am (it is my clock). GMT + 2.

Alpari is 10:14 am (I open the chart in Alpari MetaTrader on M1 timeframe moved mouse to the recent candle to see the time). GMT +1.

North Finance is 11:14 am (I did the same with North Finance Metatrader). GMT +2.

I am not sure about FXDD. You may check.

Price is moving and everything is going on right?

So Alpari is having 7 if North finance is having 8. Right? If we are talking about the same bar. If NF is having timefilter as 8 - 17 so it will be 7 - 16 for Alpari.

I am not sure about FXDD. gpw797 said that GMT +3 but I am not sure. If FXDD in GMT +3 time so it should be 9 - 18 for FXDD. But i am not really sure about the time in FXDD because there is winter time and summer time in many countries and brokers.

markus06160,

if you have fxdd MetaTrader opened now so just open M1 chart, move mouse to the recent candle to see the time. And then look at GMT time on the bottom of this forum page. The result should be as GMT + something.

Or you may use this indicator.

Yoda_Glenn:
I have another question, as well:

These are my Firebird time filter settings:

extern int FromHourTrade = 3;

extern int ToHourTrade = 17;

Does this mean that EA will start trading at 3 a.m., and then stop at 6 p.m. I am on the East Coast of the United States.

It is your broker's time. Do you use pre-set file?

BTW see this post with my "live" explanation about it.

Yes, I used the preset.

Seems strange that it would be my brokers time. I would think that if my broker's server is always on (except for Saturdays, of course) then MY time should be the actual time, since my trades are in real time.

Yoda_Glenn:
Seems strange that it would be my brokers time. I would think that if my broker's server is always on (except for Saturdays, of course) then MY time should be the actual time, since my trades are in real time.

To answer your question, it depends upon the point of the time filter. If your time matches the times that the EA wants to filter against, then it is your time. But that may not be the case. Meaning, say this only wants to trade during overlap sessions (not the case, just an example) - the logic in the EA is coded one specific way - so if you want to emulate the same execution that Newdigital is getting, you need to set it for your brokers time.

If that explanation doesn't make sense, the more simple answer is - the EA is coded to use the broker's time, not the traders. So, you have to use it the way it was coded.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

cs

cubesteak:
To answer your question, it depends upon the point of the time filter. If your time matches the times that the EA wants to filter against, then it is your time. But that may not be the case. Meaning, say this only wants to trade during overlap sessions (not the case, just an example) - the logic in the EA is coded one specific way - so if you want to emulate the same execution that Newdigital is getting, you need to set it for your brokers time.

If that explanation doesn't make sense, the more simple answer is - the EA is coded to use the broker's time, not the traders. So, you have to use it the way it was coded.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

cs

I understand now. So this is military time, right? 12(00) = 12 p.m. and 8(00) = 8 a.m? Is that correct?

Reason: