Firebird EA - page 30

khari123:
Can someone check my code on this FirebirdTFTS Reversed. Attached is the original and the reversed one. Thanks.

Hi khari123,

I will move this thread to Firebird thread.

BTW please check this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

There is some reversed version there.

newdigital:
24th - 31st of December winners

GBPUSD:

1. Firebird v0.65, timefilter with 260 pips.

2. Firebird v0.65 with 189 pips.

Yes, it's me again, from the StepMAExpert thread.

I've been running Firebird too, and I looked at your statements, and they don't look anything like mine. Have a look at my statement.

I know I'm relatively new to this, and probably missing something very obvious ... What am I doing wrong?

Files:
statement.htm  19 kb

FutureMillionaire?:
Yes, it's me again, from the StepMAExpert thread.

I've been running Firebird too, and I looked at your statements, and they don't look anything like mine. Have a look at my statement.

I know I'm relatively new to this, and probably missing something very obvious ... What am I doing wrong?

Your statement is better than mine concerning 2nd and 3rd of January: my EA lost more than 300 pips in two days just for GBPUSD only: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

I think it is something with broker's data: very different data - different performance.

I knew about one broker with very different data and different EAs performance: IBFX. Seems this Alpari (UK) is the other one.

Probable I need to test EAs with Alpari (UK) broker as well.

When I am optimizing the EAs' settings I am using Russian Alpari data for that. And because of that we may use this settings with Fibo Group and North Finance brokers (data of those brokers are similar with Rusian Alpari). But this settings can not be used with IBFX: it should be different settings optimized with IBFX data only.

So it is the same with Alpari (UK).

P.S. Igorad did not reply yet.

Firebird did very good profit for some pairs once again: 1000 or 10000 pips ...

Will see during the weekend (i will post the statements).

Files:
firebird.gif  44 kb

What settings to use

NewDigital, I am using Firebird065tfts, and my results are very different than the ones you show. Could you suggest some settings or a set file?

I have attached a pdf print of my screen...

Thanks,

Files:
firebird.pdf  311 kb

Please point me to the misstake I am makin!

I am running Strategy Tester in MT4 on different experts and results are completely different from the forum, so I please let me know where I am making the mistake.

f.e. I am doing test of Firebird v0.65, timefilter 3-6 Dec test.. supposed to have profit of 10045 pips.

but I am getting completely different story:

Firebird v0.65-timefilter with 10045 pips.htm (10.1 KB)

Firebird v0.65-timefilter with 10045 pips.gif (5.1 KB)

Also please see print screen of the settings I am doing...

I am sure it is some st***d mistake...

is theres any posts where I can find information about it?.

kanaps:
I am running Strategy Tester in MT4 on different experts and results are completely different from the forum, so I please let me know where I am making the mistake.

f.e. I am doing test of Firebird v0.65, timefilter 3-6 Dec test.. supposed to have profit of 10045 pips.

but I am getting completely different story:

Firebird v0.65-timefilter with 10045 pips.htm (10.1 KB)

Firebird v0.65-timefilter with 10045 pips.gif (5.1 KB)

Also please see print screen of the settings I am doing...

I am sure it is some st***d mistake...

is theres any posts where I can find information about it?.
sparkyd:
NewDigital, I am using Firebird065tfts, and my results are very different than the ones you show. Could you suggest some settings or a set file?

I have attached a pdf print of my screen...

Thanks,

Check with files' thread for the link for settings: I am using preset file.

Many people are still asking me why I do not like this EA.

The full story is the following.

Many months ago some people said: "this EA is having the bug".

I replied: "no".

They said: "look at our results - this EA is having explosive trades once per 3 months. 100 orders opened just for one day! It is the bug!"

I replied: "I don't believe ..."

They said: "if you do not believe in our results so look at your own results. You have the same!".

Yes, elite members pointed me about this explosive trading sometimes (100 orders in a day). I even did not mind: I was checking the statements without any thinking sometimes.

So it is the full story. You may find the full discussion in this thread. Yes, it is the true: sometimes this EA is openning too many orders and closing the orders in profit or in losses. And we are getting 10,000 pips in profit or -10,000 pips in loss. We can not see it in backtesting.

When it will be next time? No idea.

It was yesterday for almost all the pairs.

I asked many coders and they said me that it is not a bug. They did not find any bug in this EA and they had no idea about why this EA is openning so many orders sometimes.

That is why I do not like this EA. And this is why I wanted to stop testing this Firebird. I understand this explosive trades as very negative point. I wanted to stop testing this EA but got many messages: "please do not stop". So I am testing this EA against my desire.

And i am calculating the total leaders wth and without this EA (you may see in total leaders thread).

Please, understand that this 10,000 in one day is very very bad and very very negative point for this EA and every account. Because next time it may be -10,000 pips. Can you imagine -10,000 just for few hours using 0.1 lot?

It is not attractive. It is very bad.

I don't care about this EA anymore untill some good coder will recognize about what really happened with this EA once per 3 months.

solution is very simple!!!

I think the solution can be achieved very easily!

Why you or some one don't insert loose function in there where it will stop trade if it has 500 pips loss in a day or something like it... it will simply wait for 2 days and if do not touch it will start itself again... I believe it is easy to complete.

My knowledge with mql is not excellent yet so I can not be reliable on something like it.

Please let me know if it is good idea or not and if somebody will do it.

newdigital:
Check with files' thread for the link for settings: I am using preset file.

Many people are still asking me why I do not like this EA.

The full story is the following.

Many months ago some people said: "this EA is having the bug".

I replied: "no".

They said: "look at our results - this EA is having explosive trades once per 3 months. 100 orders opened just for one day! It is the bug!"

I replied: "I don't believe ..."

They said: "if you do not believe in our results so look at your own results. You have the same!".

Yes, elite members pointed me about this explosive trading sometimes (100 orders in a day). I even did not mind: I was checking the statements without any thinking sometimes.

So it is the full story. You may find the full discussion in this thread. Yes, it is the true: sometimes this EA is openning too many orders and closing the orders in profit or in losses. And we are getting 10,000 pips in profit or -10,000 pips in loss. We can not see it in backtesting.

When it will be next time? No idea.

It was yesterday for almost all the pairs.

I asked many coders and they said me that it is not a bug. They did not find any bug in this EA and they had no idea about why this EA is openning so many orders sometimes.

That is why I do not like this EA. And this is why I wanted to stop testing this Firebird. I understand this explosive trades as very negative point. I wanted to stop testing this EA but got many messages: "please do not stop". So I am testing this EA against my desire.

And i am calculating the total leaders wth and without this EA (you may see in total leaders thread).

Please, understand that this 10,000 in one day is very very bad and very very negative point for this EA and every account. Because next time it may be -10,000 pips. Can you imagine -10,000 just for few hours using 0.1 lot?

It is not attractive. It is very bad.

I don't care about this EA anymore untill some good coder will recognize about what really happened with this EA once per 3 months.

kanaps:
I think the solution can be achieved very easily!

Why you or some one don't insert loose function in there where it will stop trade if it has 500 pips loss in a day or something like it... it will simply wait for 2 days and if do not touch it will start itself again... I believe it is easy to complete.

My knowledge with mql is not excellent yet so I can not be reliable on something like it.

Please let me know if it is good idea or not and if somebody will do it.

It was already designed. Look at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page12

TakeProfit = 120;

Stoploss = 200;

total loss on all open positions in pips.

PipStep = 30;

if position goes this amount of pips against you add another.

newdigital:
It was already designed. Look at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page12

TakeProfit = 120;

Stoploss = 200;

total loss on all open positions in pips.

PipStep = 30;

if position goes this amount of pips against you add another.

Yes, but looks like it doesn't work properly!

in start function make simple run: check profit / performance for today. if it is 500 or less than goes off for a day or two.

I been running yesterday in demo during the "news jump" it lost about 750 usd. I believe stoploss=200 designed for 1 time only which means if it closes the -200 position, than total loss = 0. so it opens new position for new loss!

Reason: