CatFx50 - page 381

Learning The System

harold4x:
hi all if the majority of people would just consentrate on trading the method and spend less time tweaking they would stop demoing and start making money the only thing you absolutly know before entering any trade is how much am i willing to risk once you have that how much do i want to make know you have 2 targets enter trade till one of them is met based on sound TA along with the signals

Hi Harold,

I do agree as a newbie to the thread I am interested in making sure I have my charts and indicators set up correctly and learning the basic signals for a trade. Any help in these areas would be greatly apperciated.

Dave

Hi geoffro, Harold

For all I know it might just be 2% per trade as Harold quotes (and many other experienced traders).

I was looking at the Kelly criteria and found some merit in it. I can't say I've got the data to test it. Heck, it will be some time before I go live.

moneyline

Level 4

Hi All,

Would you consider the candle at 0630GMT , 05.12.06 on the GBP and EUR as a level 4 trade? Just trying to get a mental picture of what level 4 looks like on a real trade.

Dave

Level 4 signals on all 3 pairs

mibl

mibl:
Level 4 signals on all 3 pairs mibl

Did you trade thease signals?

Level 4 Questions

Maybe a few of you experienced traders can answer my questions about the level 4 trade.

On a long trade on the GBP, when would you consider this a level 4 trade and go long: at the at the purple line or at the blue line. The first two bars are about 20 pips wide whereas the shorter red bars would get you in the trade sooner. In both instances all of the Step Stoch indicators point to a long trade.

Thanks,

Dave

FX-Trader:

I am only in cable and usdchf. In usdchf 1/3 reached tp others are still open. init.stop is on entry yet.

If cable would drop under trendline of the flag I'll close it

GBP Signal

FX-Trader:

I traded the GBP. The problem I had is I waited until the break of the first 2 candles of the day at 1.8866 instead of taking the break of the smaller red candles at 1.8854. Getting in late cost me -34 pips. If I would have gotten in at 1.8854 I could have gotten out with 15 pips. Thus my question that I posted earlier today, when should I have entered this level 4 trade, at the break of 1.8854 or at 1.8866?

Live and learn.

Dave

Level 4 Trades

mibl:
be careful - these trades are very risky - you'll see when you look at the daily chart.

At what price did you enter the GBP and CHF trades. What on the daily chart makes you say these trades are "risky"? I don't understand what you are seeing on the daily chart.

Dave

be careful - these trades are very risky - you'll see when you look at the daily chart.

EDIT 8:50: rest 2/3 usdchf closed at entry @97 - better to wait what happens on the candle trade - the profit of the udschf gives a little free float

Reason: