CatFx50 - page 199

Discussion of yesterdays usdchf signal

nina:
Hi, Fory!

As far as I see -I'm not at home, but a mate has sent me USDCHF chart- we had a very tiny little green bar on stepMa_Stoch. USDCHF did not open above EMA50, but we had that tiny little green step's bar. Well, it is not a regular level 2 signal, but it is clear that it could have been a re-short.

Nina

Hi Fory,

regarding the situation yesterday in usdchf it could be said that this was a difficult decision - why?:

1.) Formal setup: There was a very minimal green bar at the Hist_StepMA_Stoch. There was a crossing of the ema50 during the candle was developed, but no crossing on base of the candle close.

--> Could be decided as a re-entry signal because of the combination with the green bar

2.) eurusd and usdchf are a little correlated in standard - often when eurusd goes up, usdchf goes down and vice versa. --> we talk here for a short entry. That means your risk is doubled when you are also long in eurusd.

3.) I didn't follow the chart in realtime on opening of the candle, so what I saw was an older view. A very small green bar could turn into a red one during the candle develops - it depends on the price movement. So it could have been that if the price went up even more over the ema50 - you even had a long signal!

4.) Looking at the same chart this morning shows another view. See the two attachments. 1. yesterdays view, 2. today the same view.

--> green bar yesterday was so small that it is not developed today at the same position!

So for me it would have been a nice trade (see it on the chart after the development) - but on entry situation it was too risky for me concerning the point 3.)

b.r. mibl

Files:
hc_018.jpg  27 kb
hc_019.jpg  63 kb

CCI_4_Choppy market

npj6400:
Hi Nina, no I haven't - sounds interesting though.....

I have not visited Woodiescciclub for about a month I'll check it out tonight

(I live in Melboune Australia)

Cheers

Should you be able to locate it, would you mind posting it here, mate? Thx

jimmylad:
all done & thankyou.

when I put the CHF to 2000 bars they alled turned green so I deleted the chart, reloaded it & all fine now.

Cheers.

just noticed that when I turn the bars to 2000 on the usdchf they all turn green going right back to 3rd feb at 500 looks ok but it wont have 2000 at all yet the other two pairs are fine. Any thoughts ?

jimmylad:
just noticed that when I turn the bars to 2000 on the usdchf they all turn green going right back to 3rd feb at 500 looks ok but it wont have 2000 at all yet the other two pairs are fine. Any thoughts ?

Hi!

From 10th March till now they are red.

Nina

mibl:
Hi Fory,

regarding the situation yesterday in usdchf it could be said that this was a difficult decision - why?:

1.) Formal setup: There was a very minimal green bar at the Hist_StepMA_Stoch. There was a crossing of the ema50 during the candle was developed, but no crossing on base of the candle close.

--> Could be decided as a re-entry signal because of the combination with the green bar

2.) eurusd and usdchf are a little correlated in standard - often when eurusd goes up, usdchf goes down and vice versa. --> we talk here for a short entry. That means your risk is doubled when you are also long in eurusd.

3.) I didn't follow the chart in realtime on opening of the candle, so what I saw was an older view. A very small green bar could turn into a red one during the candle develops - it depends on the price movement. So it could have been that if the price went up even more over the ema50 - you even had a long signal!

4.) Looking at the same chart this morning shows another view. See the two attachments. 1. yesterdays view, 2. today the same view.

--> green bar yesterday was so small that it is not developed today at the same position!

So for me it would have been a nice trade (see it on the chart after the development) - but on entry situation it was too risky for me concerning the point 3.)

b.r. mibl

Hi, Mibl!

Yes you are right. But risky one.

Nina

jimmylad:

Hi jimmylad,

look for the number which is shown in the comment of the chart (Max bars to count). If your chart has not already loaded more than 2000 bars the indicator (configured on 2000) will not display in a right way.

To fill up the chart - go back to the beginning of the chart - so that MT4 will load more data. You'll see that the number in the comment will grow

b.r. mibl

thanky you kindly mibl

Hi!!

Mates, we are having a false signal so far on cable.

It was a short at 1.7425. Made a low at 1.7419. So, a lost. Now it is trading at 1.7452; that is -27 pips so far. I do not know if it will hit stop at 34 or if it should be closed cause we have a buy signal. All I know is that $ mood so far is down.

I did not take that short.

Why?

Because it was a rush motivated by news and because USDCHF did not break 1.3042 or last highs. For me this is important as now EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF have a good correlation. Pivot is at 1.7424.

Nina

PD: cable now is in down mood till it breaks last high at 1.7482. Take care. I will not take the long signal we'll have at 12:00cet if I do not see USDCHF going down with fury.

Hi!

Now, do the following:

StepMA_Stoch.

Properties.

Levels' tab.

Add

+0,04

ok

This is a filter for StepMA_Stoch.

You only take the signal if bar is above/below +0,04 or -0,04.

I have not tested much, but it keeps you out of some bad signals.

Nina

I agree. I think this would keep us out of some borderline trades that would probably turn bad.