CatFx50 - page 198

Hi , love your work Nina and thanks to all contributors.....

I have been following this thread for some time, and I am a big fan of Catfx50 strategy and also Dr Bob's CCI 50 work (over at www.tradershaven.net)

Have finally got around to running this up on the demo account, must have picked a good day on the EUR/USD ! Based on CATFX50 entered long at 1.1958 and had a profit target of 1.2020 and trailing stop in place. My CCI50 also provided validation of entry and exits so today happy.

Files:

npj6400:

I have been following this thread for some time, and I am a big fan of Catfx50 strategy and also Dr Bob's CCI 50 work (over at www.tradershaven.net)

Have finally got around to running this up on the demo account, must have picked a good day on the EUR/USD ! Based on CATFX50 entered long at 1.1958 and had a profit target of 1.2020 and trailing stop in place. My CCI50 also provided validation of entry and exits so today happy.

Hi, npj6400!

Well done. Welcome to the club.

Good luck.

Nina

npj6400:

Hi! Could you post the cci indicator please?

cheers

NPJ Would you tell your strategy to us with cci indicator

like ahh..

when to buy ?

when to sell ?

when to stay out ?

best wishes,

DAVE

creative:
Hi! Could you post the cci indicator please? cheers

I have attached some CCI indicators.

I am currently trialling the weighted WCCI version , however I have used the coloured CCI version extensively ( just add the + 100 and - 100 support / resistance lines in the levels tab ). Of course you can just use the standard CCI in MT4. Whatever version, in trading 30m or higher timeframes, I use the higher CCI period set to 50 and the lower set to 14, this is a Dr Bob strategy.

So when I take the CATFX 50 trade then thats the strategy as per everyone else here, ie the ema50 and stoc in tandem. The one other item I look at is to avoid chop, I draw a simple price trendline ( TA 101 !) on the chart, if it the close of bar fails to break out of this triangle like "chop" then I dont enter. (Note that sometimes this may delay entry but tends to validate the move)

The CCI offers me reasonable exits.

- The 14 period HFE ( hook from extreme - up or down and back over the 200 line )

- The hook of the +/- 100 line ( up or down and back over the 100 line)

- And of course the recross of the CCI 50 period zero line

When I take a CCI50 trade I follow the rules over at Tradehaven.net, so no need to go into them here as its a catfx50 forum.

Regards

nina:

I suppose they do not redraw the past. Do they?

no,but you can simply check this - the indicator has "from" parametr,play with it - it from where the indicator will start,(calculation are from left to right).

nina:

Look at 18:30CET bar. Here we have a EMA50 cross.

When do you buy?

please see the picture.

* in perious my post to you i was wrong there was cross MA50 with StepMA,but i don't understand why the indicator "missed" the signal.(in my screenshot you will see the signal,but there is no signal to previous StepMa cross as at you picture - why different brokers behave differntly ?)

Hi leightonbeaty,

the indicator show you CatFX50 signals,maybe not all &).

for example you want see CatFX50 signals for TF30M at TF5M window,just open char at 5M,any pair,and drop the a_Nina indicator to the window,with default params.

see result at screenshots below.

* please not once is signal is visible it's "valid" ,may be used right away &).

Cheers.

* i mean "used",can be used or not - it's only signal wich mabe wrong.

Hi kamyar,

yes i did too, but my signal was slower then yours, did you changed something inthe "aNina" indicator ?

thanks.

Hi,npj6400!

Have you got that new MT4 CCI indicator for choppy market?

Woodies club has it.

Nina

nina:
Hi,npj6400!

Have you got that new MT4 CCI indicator for choppy market?

Woodies club has it.

Nina

Hi Nina, no I haven't - sounds interesting though.....

I have not visited Woodiescciclub for about a month I'll check it out tonight

(I live in Melboune Australia)

Cheers

Reason: