CatFx50 - page 185

Crossing Nina indicator

Hi, Nina, i am Brasilian,its very difficulty with ingles.

In trade of GPB today, not crossing (nina) indicator in candle de 7:00 CET. Because the trade?

thanks,

Heder

laserjet:
Nina, Fundamentals are a big subject, and not everyone can unterstand what would be effect of all those reports, and sometimes market behave differently on fundamentals also. Don't you think TA should be enough? I agree one should be careful around report time, market could react in any direction.

Hi!

I'm not talking about fundis here. TA is ok for me. Give me an EMA50 and you'll see!

But I do not trade blindly. If during Asian session EURUSD has moved 100 pips up, do you think I'm going to buy that pair with joy?

You have to look at the preceding session before you place a single trade.

Nina

Heder:
Hi, Nina, i am Brasilian,its very difficulty with ingles.

In trade of GPB today, not crossing (nina) indicator in candle de 7:00 CET. Because the trade?

thanks,

Heder

Hi!

Who bought at 7:00cet?

I think the buy signal was at 08:30cet.

Nina

Fory:
I earned 10 pips on EUR today and lost 50 pips on GBP, because I put 50 pips stop loss. At now I am short on EUR at 1.1906 and I am losing again. I understand, if I have a scalping experience, I will be in profit today...

Hi!

Was it real money?

If it was, YOU SHOULD NOT TRADE NEVER; NEVER; NEVER ANY SYSTEM THAT YOU DO NOT FULLY UNDERST AND HAVE DEMO IT!!!!!

Nina

Do not ruin your account!

Fory:
I earned 10 pips on EUR today and lost 50 pips on GBP, because I put 50 pips stop loss. At now I am short on EUR at 1.1906 and I am losing again. I understand, if I have a scalping experience, I will be in profit today...

Hi Fory,

you should be a little more concrete in your postings mentioning the currencies if you do not want to be missunderstood. I think with EUR you mean EUR/USD and GBP GBP/USD? I ask because there are i.e. a lot of other gbp-based-pairs.

I do not know your level of knowledge, so please forgive me, if I explain clear things for you: The foreign currency exchange market (Forex) is based on crossrates (pairs). The consecutive notation of the rates over a specific time gives us the chart - the exchange rates of eur to usd i.e. gives the eur/usd chart....

Today was not the best day to trade. This consolidation after the two very trendy days with a lot of pips in one direction are difficult market even for experienced traders, because of many traders work with trend-following strategies. They will normally need a little time before they give a signal and so they give one, the price will turn. I guess the thursday will getting better.

But even to survive on such days your trading should be supported by money management and risk management. If that are words you even heard but do not know what's behind - please stop trading with real money until you read at least one book on that. Even the best strategy is nothing worth if you do not have a good money management and will kill your account.

Before you enter a trade you should make some thoughts about the possible profit you expect for the trade. I do not know what you expect in this gbpusd-trade, but it should be more than 50 - when the chance is 50:50 (loose or win). In catfx it could be less - regarding that nina says at about 7/8 trades out of 10 will win.

The initial stop is your maximum drawdown you are willing to accept for the trade and so the risk of the trade. Risk for each trade combined with the ratio of winning to loosing trades in general will give you the chance:risk ratio. This should be greater 1 - the greater the better.

CatFX50 sometimes generate signals where the maximum profit is at about 20, 30 and in some cases up to 200 Pips for one trade. But if you look at nina's recaps, you will see that the smaller pip-values occur more often than this sensational 170 of the last two days, which you only can ride on, when your trailed stop is wide enough and you realized at the right time before a pullback comes. Yesterday you are on the great winner side when you had a stop of 50 pips. This let enough room for the pullback the night before. but even more often the ranger is not so wide and then with a stop of 50 Pips you will loose.

And think about scaling profits - scaling is a good tool, I use it too. But if you loose you will loose 50 pips of all lots == 3*50=150. If you win and scale i.e. in three parts, you exit i.e. first at 20, second at 40 and last lot later on 68 you get 20*3+40*2+68*1 = 208 as maximum. And if the price will turn after first target, you get only 60 by risk of 150 - not good - isn't it? Only ok, when the number of winning trades is a lot more than the number of loosing ones.

So that's enougth at that time. Sorry, don't want to bore you.

b.r. mibl

ps: Can you tell us, why you went short in eurusd at 1,1906? I do not have a catfx50 signal there ??? See attached chart

pps: Be careful - or if you've got too much money and do not know what to do with it - tell me - I will send you my bank account number - or better give it to an aid-organisation

Files:
hc_002.jpg  93 kb

todays RECAP

in proxy of nina:

EUR/USD: long 1,1913 08:30 cet, made a high at 1,1940 -> potential max. +27 pips [ex spread]

USD/CHF: short 1,3102 08:30 cet, made a low at 1,3064 -> potential max. +38 pips [ex spread]

GBP/USD: long 1,7389 08:30 cet, made a high at 1,7418 -> potential max. +29 pips [ex spread]

GBP/USD: short 1,7379 08:30 cet, made a high at 1,7343 -> potential max. +36 pips [ex spread]

in summary: potential maximum 130 pips [ex 4 times spread]

Depending on you stop technic and when worked disciplined you should not have any loose-trades today, at the most stopped out on break even. But this was not an easy day today!

best regards

mibl

Fory:
Hi all,

Thanks Nina and Mibl for today’s replays.

Today is my first use of CatFx50 system on real account. On history I never have seen so many yellow arrows /indicator CatEx50/ in a traiding day. Is this indicator useful?

I take the standards (EMA50, StepMA_Stoch) to decide entry - that's all. To much things on the chart will confuse and not help - but thats only my opinion

mibl

laserjet:
Nina, Fundamentals are a big subject, and not everyone can unterstand what would be effect of all those reports, and sometimes market behave differently on fundamentals also. Don't you think TA should be enough? I agree one should be careful around report time, market could react in any direction.

Hi Laserjet,

I think trading is not a science to forecast the future - noone can do that steadily. For me trading has two parts a) a weigh up of risks (statistics) and b) handle emotions.

IMO on fundamental decissions you are not able to daytrade - you can use them on higher timeframes in position and long term trading.

mibl

Hi Mibl, what indicator are you using that shows those faint resistance lines on your chart that you posted a couple posts up. They look great, are they based on FB levels or... ?

Hi, Nina.

Yes, the signal is 8:30 CET. In candle that it closed the 8:00 CET did not have crossing of the StepMA, what it only occurred in the closing of candle of 8:30CET. Thus trade must have initiated the 9:00 CET. Certain?

Thanks,

Heder

Files:
nina_cross.jpg  196 kb
Reason: