CatFx50 - page 579

Hi!

Just to refresh a little bit our memory, let me post an EURUSD chart.

If you have lost money this week trading that pair, you should try to ask yourself what's going on.

Nina

Files:
eurusd_3.jpg  225 kb

Nina,

I have downloaded the Neuimex Demo, and still I do not get the same alerts you had received for July 11th around 10:00. Here are my settings:

Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_03

PeriodWATR 10

Kwatr 1.0

HighLow 0

NumberOfBarsToCalculate 2000

aNina_v1

PeriodWATR 10

Kwatr 1.0

HighLow 0

cbars 9000

from 0

maP 50

In Metatrader, the Options for Charts are:

Max bars in history 128000

Max bars in chart 32768

The first chart is your chart from Post 5794, and the second chart from my Neuimex account [my chart is using the settings shown above based upon your doc in Post 1]. Actually, my chart from Neuimex actually matches up with my other broker MIG. Are my settings correct or the indicators cannot reflect the past correctly?

et_phonehome_2:
Nina,

I have downloaded the Neuimex Demo, and still I do not get the same alerts you had received for July 11th around 10:00. Here are my settings:

PeriodWATR 10

Kwatr 1.0

HighLow 0

aNina_v1

PeriodWATR 10

Kwatr 1.0

HighLow 0

cbars 9000

from 0

maP 50

Max bars in chart 32768

The first chart is your chart from Post 5794, and the second chart from my Neuimex account [my chart is using the settings shown above based upon your doc in Post 1]. Actually, my chart from Neuimex actually matches up with my other broker MIG. Are my settings correct or the indicators cannot reflect the past correctly?

Hi, et_phonehome_2!!

I'd like to know that, believe me. I would like too that FOREX was a regulated business like stocks, for instance

Anyway, I will get in touch with the author of aNina, ShadowWZ, and I'll ask him about those differences.

Nina

et_phonehome_2:
Nina,

PeriodWATR 10

Kwatr 1.0

HighLow 0

aNina_v1

PeriodWATR 10

Kwatr 1.0

HighLow 0

cbars 9000

from 0

maP 50

Max bars in chart 32768

Hi,

try to increase you history,by scrolling back.

et_phonehome_2:
Nina / ShadowWZ, I scrolled back all the way to 2005 of October, and still I did not see the same arrows from the aNine indicator for July 11th. Though I do not use arrows to trade, it bothers me what you see is different from what I get. BTW, the Max Bars to Count which shows up on the chart indicator, your count is always higher than mine, my chart always shows 16895 while yours showed 17988 [from Post 5794], and then your later chart of Post 5806 of the EURUSD showed 18036. It seems that on your chart, that value increases as the date goes on while mine will always stay the same.

Hi!

You know the most strange here is that I have exactly the same Max bars in history 128000

Max bars in chart 32768.

I think we should bear with that. BTW, where are you from? I ask this because it might be the reason. I do not know.

Nina

Nina / ShadowWZ,

I scrolled back all the way to 2005 of October, and still I did not see the same arrows from the aNine indicator for July 11th. Though I do not use arrows to trade, it bothers me what you see is different from what I get. BTW, the Max Bars to Count which shows up on the chart indicator, your count is always higher than mine, my chart always shows 16895 while yours showed 17988 [from Post 5794], and then your later chart of Post 5806 of the EURUSD showed 18036. It seems that on your chart, that value increases as the date goes on while mine will always stay the same.

I am using all the indicators posted in Post 1, is something missing that it requires?

et_phonehome_2:
Nina / ShadowWZ,

I scrolled back all the way to 2005 of October, and still I did not see the same arrows from the aNine indicator for July 11th. Though I do not use arrows to trade, it bothers me what you see is different from what I get. BTW, the Max Bars to Count which shows up on the chart indicator, your count is always higher than mine, my chart always shows 16895 while yours showed 17988 [from Post 5794], and then your later chart of Post 5806 of the EURUSD showed 18036. It seems that on your chart, that value increases as the date goes on while mine will always stay the same.

I am using all the indicators posted in Post 1, is something missing that it requires?

Hi,

are you sure that "cbars=9000" ?

jerrymar:
good day to all! i need help with catfx indicator Max bars. the indicator doesnt show up in my USDCHF chart. Its there but no BARS. what seems to be the problem? thanks.

Check on the Tools Menu of MT4, choose "options" and there in the Charts Tabs check that it is set to a number of bars greater than what this indicator requires.

If this does not work reduce the number of bars on the properties of the indicator. For whatever reason best known to the code itself, it is possible for an indicator that counts a number of bars works as is (default configuration) on Euro for example and yet not on CHF (It has happened to me).

For CHF in this case the number of bars counted or referred to may need to be reduced from say 500 to 400 or even 350. This might make it work.

Hope this helps --

Forgot -- one more thing --

If you are trying to use a MTF Histogram (Multi Time Frame Version) -- this needs the original for it to work.

Open up the indicator with MetaEditor -- and look for the words "Hist_StepMA_Stoch_vxxxx " (or whatever the name of your indictor is) .. make sure that this original indicator it wants is in your indicator folder, with the EXACT name as is found in the coding of the MTF version.

If not, look for it, (or if you have a similiar version, simply change its name to match what the MTF version is asking for, save and compile both again).

Now open your MetaTrader Platform and presto -- you should see the missing indicator.

Nina / ShadowWZ,

I have resetted the cbars to 9000 again this time - it is good now for Neuimex. I do not understand why when I tried it on other broker, its the same, that is, no change.... Just as long it works on Neuimex, its fine for now....

Thanks for your response in this discrepancy...

I am afraid that now I must revise my prior post that it works for Neuimex broker. Now that I have gone back in, they do not agree, I actually have arrows where your chart does not and vice versa. The Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_03 now have green bars where it should be red bars and vice versa.

I had also tried the template provided even that showed incorrect results.

Using the MIG broker, the Hist_StepMA_Stoch.... shows gaps even though there are prices in the chart....

Reason: