Requests & Ideas - page 250

rayphua:
1. Mladen, I made a mistake with the conditions... Any price zone that fits in between 2 or 3 supertrend parameters we color, and any price zone that is completely out of the 3 supertrend parameters we do not color. My apologies.

2. And I know it is a bit premature, but kindly help me code a tape version of the indicator with alerts and push notifications as well. Blue when price is out and above the 3 supertrend parameters, red when price is out and below the 3 supertrend parameters, and white when price is in between 2 or 3 of the supertrend parameters.

3. Plus a candle version of the indicator with the same 3 colors and with alerts and push notifications.

Thank you very much Mladen. I am indebted to you for your help.

rayphua

If you have 3 indicators then you will always have 2 out of 3 that are the same state. The white line in that indicator is there simply to connect 2 different states. If you check the values at the beginning and the end of the white line you will see that there is always 2 values at all times and that means that at the begining of the white line it is the end of previous trend and at the end of the withe line it is a start of a new trend. So, super trend, as is, actually has only 2 states : trend up and trend down.

I hope that I did not explaine all this too complicated. What I wanted to tell is that at all times there will be at least 2 out of 3 with same states and thus we would never have a 3 state (color)

i_xo_a_h_4_bar.mq4

Mladen:

Can you modify the attached indicator:

1) It currently looks back 4 bars for a value, can you change this to a input from user

2) Confirm it does not repaint

3) Correct the coloring of bars, does not plot correctly, just yellow. Would like the Yellow to be an input from user

(default to 1). Yellow would then be 1,0, or -1. Green would be higher than 1, and red would be less than 1.

4) Add alerts for going from -1 to -2 or 1 to 2 (Yellow to Green or Red)

5) Add option for plotting vertical line at alerts

6) Print the Box Size and Indicator value in Larger Font size on right of chart

Thanks

Files:

mladen:
rayphua

If you have 3 indicators then you will always have 2 out of 3 that are the same state. The white line in that indicator is there simply to connect 2 different states. If you check the values at the beginning and the end of the white line you will see that there is always 2 values at all times and that means that at the begining of the white line it is the end of previous trend and at the end of the withe line it is a start of a new trend. So, super trend, as is, actually has only 2 states : trend up and trend down.

I hope that I did not explaine all this too complicated. What I wanted to tell is that at all times there will be at least 2 out of 3 with same states and thus we would never have a 3 state (color)

Mladen, I've sent you an email to explain in detail, please check. Thank you.

thorcmt:
i_xo_a_h_4_bar.mq4

Mladen:

Can you modify the attached indicator:

1) It currently looks back 4 bars for a value, can you change this to a input from user

2) Confirm it does not repaint

3) Correct the coloring of bars, does not plot correctly, just yellow. Would like the Yellow to be an input from user

(default to 1). Yellow would then be 1,0, or -1. Green would be higher than 1, and red would be less than 1.

4) Add alerts for going from -1 to -2 or 1 to 2 (Yellow to Green or Red)

5) Add option for plotting vertical line at alerts

6) Print the Box Size and Indicator value in Larger Font size on right of chart

Thanks

thorcmt

Here is this version

First of all, it does not repaint. Default colors are a bit different than you asked for, but you can change them in the colors properties of the indicator. In this version you can chose home many bars you wish to be looked for the values (from 1 to up any value of bars). Also, you can choose a level : if you set it to 1 (default setting), it will work as you asked for

And one more deviation : instead of vertical lines, the indicator is drawing arrows on chart. And it is already a multi time frame indicator

Files:

rayphua:
Thanks Wintersky, missed out your reply. I am using Supertrends for my trades, and I'm hoping to find an indicator that would cross on zero when price crosses the Supertrend lines, and so far the one that comes closest to it is VQ, except for some portions that spikes out. I am still playing around with the settings in the VQ indicator... Perhaps you or someone else would know of an indicator that does what I am looking for?

Mladen, is it possible create an indicator to color the chart background between three Supertrend ATR timeframes, of different periods with different mutipliers? For example, color the chart background between a 1D Supertrend with period 9 and multiplier set at 1, 1D Supertrend with period 9 and multiplier set at 0.5, and 4H Supertrend with period 9 and multiplier set at 1. That means I would like any areas between the 3 conditions to be colored leaving areas that are out of the 3 conditions uncolored. I'm trying to use this as a way to define a no trade zone where prices almost seem to do nothing.

I'm using the following Supertrend indicator, so the calculation needs to be following that of the attached indicator. Kindly help, thank you very much.

supertrendxalertsmtf.mq4

rayphua

Here is a histogram version that works the way you described me in the email

If the chosen price is above all the super trends used, then it is lime. If it is bellow all the instances of super trend then it is orange. Otherwise, it is gray. (these are just default colors, you can set any color you wish)

Also, you can use as much super trends as you wish (there is no limit of a number of used instances at all). For that the separate indicator (that you originally use) must be in the same folder as this indicator too

mladen:
rayphua

Here is a histogram version that works the way you described me in the email

If the chosen price is above all the super trends used, then it is lime. If it is bellow all the instances of super trend then it is orange. Otherwise, it is gray. (these are just default colors, you can set any color you wish)

Also, you can use as much super trends as you wish (there is no limit of a number of used instances at all). For that the separate indicator (that you originally use) must be in the same folder as this indicator too

Thanks Mladen, except that the indicator you coded only works on one timeframe, with different periods, and different multipliers. Can you create one that allows several timeframes, with different periods, and different multipliers?

rayphua:
Thanks Mladen, except that the indicator you coded only works on one timeframe, with different periods, and different multipliers. Can you create one that allows several timeframes, with different periods, and different multipliers?

rayphua

I will do that, but in that case you know that when using multiple time frames, using values as signals is practically impossible?

mladen:
rayphua I will do that, but in that case you know that when using multiple time frames, using values as signals is practically impossible?

Mladen, are you saying that because with using different timeframes, they would repaint?

rayphua:
Mladen, are you saying that because with using different timeframes, they would repaint?

rayphua

Yes. It is almost the same case as what we have with "4 time frame" indicators : they are simply going to have to change values in the history too to reflect the changes of the higher time frames

mladen:
rayphua Yes. It is almost the same case as what we have with "4 time frame" indicators : they are simply going to have to change values in the history too to reflect the changes of the higher time frames

Mladen, yes, I understand. Eventually if I am going to create an EA out of this, would this be a problem? If it does, when the time comes, I would revert back to one that does not have different timeframes.

Mladen, another question, am I able to use decimal points in the indicator?

Also, if this looks good to go, I look forward to the candle and the line version of the indicator (the line version would definitely help make the chart look a whole lot neater).

Thank you thank you thank you!

Reason: