CatFx50 - page 506

I didn t say to trade 5 lots, you can trade 10 minis and close 2 minis each time, if you can t trade 1 reg lot, you can trade 5 micros (half a mini), always respecting 0.5% per trade and 1% per day.

Yes, if you get stopped out you loose 0.5% of your account, but i don t see that as a beating.

If you think in "lot" terms, it may look like a lot of money, but money management wise, it s a reallly small loss.

I m just saying what i do, not recommendig to do it, i do recommend that if you want to make money stick to a system (in this case cat50), just as you said.

I used that % because it is what i am willing to loose per trade and per day, if the 1% gets hit (2 full stops), then i don t trade anymore that day, simple as that, if i am already commited 1 %, don t add anymore posittion, unless i have taken a profit.

I ve found much more easy to think on % rather than pips, if you make the math how much are you risking on each trade in % terms you might get shocked.

Of course higher % risk will yield higher returns, but you never know when you can get a streak of loosing trades, if you have a 5 k account (or trading money, wherever it is) you can not expect to make 2 k a month of profit, in the end the market will make you pay.

Hope it helps,

Wow what a thread! Being a newcomer it's overwhelming to try to digest it all...

I plowed thru to about page 45. There were a couple versions of an EA being created by Kalenzo and Muran. Upgrades and more upgrades.

So without going thru the several hundred posts between then and now...

What are the newest or most refined to date versions of the system on mg4?

Also a question for nina (and anyone else who wants to comment)...

How well do you feel that the EA's are doing at executing your rules, where do you see the strengths and weaknesses of the present constructions? Where is there room for improvement?

Original posted by Harold its amazing since i stopped posting nina has done nothing to help you guys so everyone starts looking for other methods if you want to be successful in this stick to one thing master it and stick to it or your wasting your time

No, Harold, I am still sticking to CatFX syst. Try to learn to earn pip by pip. But b/c moneyline was taking trade outside the catfx time line. It is worth to look at, if it gain us some pips. Anyway, Thanks to Nina, and You and all the Code experts. Trading is more profitable. Thank you...

sovo

Original posted by Aaragorn

How well do you feel that the EA's are doing at executing your rules, where do you see the strengths and weaknesses of the present constructions? Where is there room for improvement?

Hi Aaragorn, if you click on top of the page CatFx50, it will links you to all the sub-forum of this huge thread. There, you will find most of what you are looking for. All the latest Indicators and notes on the catfx50. I defintely start there first. Just my 2 cents...Good luck to you and have fun reading the thread.

Traders are trading this manually at the moment not with an EA because it involves immediate and clear discretion. cheers

Aaragorn:
Wow what a thread! Being a newcomer it's overwhelming to try to digest it all...

I plowed thru to about page 45. There were a couple versions of an EA being created by Kalenzo and Muran. Upgrades and more upgrades.

So without going thru the several hundred posts between then and now...

What are the newest or most refined to date versions of the system on mg4?

I'm lost,

I opened the .doc on this and read as follows....

RECAP of CatFX50:

Plot Hist_Step_MA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02 set at 2000 bars.

Set filters on Step: +0,04 and -0,04.

Plot Inverseind with EMA50 (optional).

Plot EMA50 on chart.

TF: 30 minutes.

Trade time: 08:00cet to 18:00cet

I opened the custom indicator window to the input tab and nowhere do i see an option to set it to 2000 bars. nor do i see anywhere to set filters on step.

What i see is:

PeriodWATR value 10

Kwatr value 1

HighLow value 0

the common tab has fixed maximum and fixed minimums is that where I set the 2000 bars? what about the filters?

hey hey .. no reason to fight. Nina has done a great thing by sharing this system and i also think Harold has helped a lot of people by showing his personal style of trading this and answering questions.

Everybody should stay polite including myself. Even for "egoistic" reasons. We should not fight and lose good people here, no matter who.

I agree with eric. Will someone answer my most recent questions?

Sorry i don't have the indicators on this computer. If nobody else answers i can answer in some hours..

ok, thanks

Reason: