CatFx50 - page 507

Here you are, indicator and screen with settings. I personally set number of bars to 3000.

thankyou thankyou krall, that gives me the # of bars to count....

next step

Set filters on Step: +0,04 and -0,04.

what's up with that? were do i set filters?

@Aragorn: see attached picture

Files:
hist.jpg  26 kb

Stay focused mates, pips rule ok!

this is definitely a good read...granted I havn't stop to hang on every word of every post

these seem to be some of the most recent posts with consolidated relevant information...

then in #5018 Kalenzo stepped back in (page 502) and (#5026 on 503)with a new tool and another upgrade and not much seems to have been discussed about those in subsequent posts???

from what I gather the strength of this system is it's clear entry. So could that not be automated successfully? I don't believe a system has to be FULLY automated but I'm happy to have a machine do any part of the work it can do and then call me when my supervision is required. How much discretion does this system require for executing a clear entry?

Don't get me wrong I understand that discretion is always required in trading. But parts of the trade can be given to mechanical means accepting the outcome may not be what I would get doing it myself. It's about being accountable for choosing my own balance in terms of level of interaction with the system which is part of getting a system that works for me. I don't plan on abandoning all discretion to a mechanical execution. I want to know what 'could' be turned over with minimal impact overall. Hence my questions about the strengths and weaknesses of this system.

I am oriented such that I like to work 'on' systems more than 'in' systems. That's just how I'm mentally wired. I'm looking for ways to improve efficiencies and to do that I have to start with something mechanical and break apart how it's working. See where it's working well and where it is breaking down. That's how I analyze and like to apply my creativity. So while I understand and accept that this is a system that requires discretion. The first thing I want to do is get an accurate model of the latest version of it like an floorplan of a house and lay it out and see it move and do it's thing for myself. Then I can start looking for ways to make my own revisions and tailor it to suit myself.

of course I'm happy to post my results of that process too for everyone's benefit.

I just don't want to start on last month's model I want to work on the most recent versions. make sense?

pardon me while I make my own little tally of what's where in all this...I can't stand not knowing where to find things.

fib pivots #4832 on 484

doc #4866 on 487

doc #4912 on 492

#4966 on 497 - stepMA stoch KV1 Ex 02, aNina, and 2 versions of EA for Catfx50 one with a longer neverbefore seen name??? V2mook

#5018 on 502 - stepMA stoch KV1 Ex 03 and K lines

Docsniper:
@Aragorn: see attached picture

so far so good...

next..

Plot Inverseind with EMA50 (optional).

Plot EMA50 on chart.

next....

deleted question

is this right?

what am i still missing ?

Files:

Aaragorn:
is this right? what am i still missing ?

Anina -- attached (this is a StepStochastic with arrows)

Also EMA 120

CAT system has 2 EMAs 50, 120

Bottom line as DAVE1 says ----

Pips rule !

Files:
anina.mq4  8 kb

kiwigold:
Anina -- attached (this is a StepStochastic with arrows)

Also EMA 120

CAT system has 2 EMAs 50, 120

Bottom line as DAVE1 says ----

Pips rule !

i'm confused does this go in my indicators file or my experts file?

Reason: