Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 85

Interesting

Files:
i.jpg  232 kb

Hi, new to the thread, is this indi supposed to move around so much? On my chart it is repainting each time the price ticks.

Renko

Big Joe:
Thanks for explanation simba ! Have you try to put FF on renko charts, let say 50 past bars and harm 1, you get a very nice scalping tool !

Big Joe,

1-Thanks for your comments and suggestion.

2-I am a fan of CRB or Renko charts,either when used with Price action at SR, or with TMA bands(elite thread),oscillators,etc...they decrease noise,and increase signal quality...without lag...They give you an additional edge....for MOST systems.

3-The only method I have NOT been able to improve with my cycles(Mesa,Goertzel,FFT,VFFT) is CRB/Renko trading...Originally I thought that applying these filters to "denoised" Time series like Renko would improve results..No Way....I thought,ok...Renko is a mix of Price/Time/Volatility..applying cycles to this will get 3D results...No Way.

It is probably my fault,I am probably missing some piece of the puzzle(I even tried to add Volume...to no avail),I am sure there is some additional edge in using CRBs or Renkos,but I haven`t found it...yet.

It will make for a nice thread or continuation thread of this one,if anybody wants to contribute I will be glad to add my 2 cents....If you think you can add some information to the thread,please be so kind to do so.

I am fairly sure the link to exceptional results in Renko lies in using the right volatility(bar size)....combined with the right dominant period(cycle max period)...and some kind of trigger(Price Action at "normal" bars)...It is a 3d Challenge,not yet solved.

Regards

S

chartista:
Hi, new to the thread, is this indi supposed to move around so much? On my chart it is repainting each time the price ticks.

Why don't you read all previous messages and try to understand how the indi works?It is based on Fast Fourier Transform,it isn't a standard indicator and it isn't for everybody.It is for who know that this indi recalculate itself and not repaints like "goldminer",solarwind etc etc...When new data enter the indicator recalculate itself,but at the end the signal "can"be stable,but just if you know how to set it:i am not the best for settings,Simba is a great master,but he has a brain,two eyes like you ,me and others.So please read all thread and then when you have understood the indi you are welcome to ask for help.Bye

P.S.To everybody:sorry for my bad english,i'm an italian trader!!!

As a science experiment I put Fft_Of_Indi Color 1.3.1.mq4 on a chart for RSI and AO to see how they compared. It looked like they gave the same signals except RSI was always several bars sooner. So AO seems to lag RSI.

Is this a valid observation, or just an artifact of the processing?

Changed Indi's

Hello to all,

have changed the implemented Indi's to "Ehlers Two Pole Super Smoother Filter" and "McGinley Dynamic main".

Looks great on EURUSD M1 and M5 charts.

I think if the Indicator shows the same direction on both charts you see the real direction for extreme scalping!

Good profits to all.

beppi:
Hello to all,

have changed the implemented Indi's to "Ehlers Two Pole Super Smoother Filter" and "McGinley Dynamic main".

I think if the Indicator shows the same direction on both charts you see the real direction for extreme scalping!

Good profits to all.

Thank for yor observation:i'll try...

Mlden i have a question for you.Do you know something about this bug on mql language:i have a drawarrow custom function like this

void DrawArrow(int i,string type)

{ count++;

string name2 = StringConcatenate(SignalName,count);

ObjectCreate(name2,OBJ_ARROW,0,Time,0);

if (type=="Up")

{

ObjectSet(name2,OBJPROP_PRICE1,Low-(DistanceUp*Point));

ObjectSet(name2,OBJPROP_ARROWCODE,233);

ObjectSet(name2,OBJPROP_COLOR,colorup);

ObjectSet(name2,OBJPROP_WIDTH,WidthArrow);

}

else if (type"Down")

{

ObjectSet(name2,OBJPROP_PRICE1,High+(DistanceDown*Point));

ObjectSet(name2,OBJPROP_ARROWCODE,234);

ObjectSet(name2,OBJPROP_WIDTH,WidthArrow);

ObjectSet(name2,OBJPROP_COLOR,colordown);

}

}

[/php]WIth Up arrow it's ok ,but if you see at down arrow they are nearer(more you go up with timeframe e more you'll see nearer).I don't know why and i have had modify the code with two different distance with Updistance and DowenDistance for every timeframe like below:

[php]

if (Period()==PERIOD_M15){

DistanceDown=((distance+5)*10);

}

else if (Period()==PERIOD_M30 ){

DistanceDown=((distance+10)*10);

}

else if (Period()==PERIOD_H1 ){

DistanceDown=((distance+13)*10);

}

else if(Period()==PERIOD_H4 ){

DistanceDown=((distance+32)*10);

}

else if (Period()==PERIOD_D1){

DistanceDown=((distance+50)*10);

}

else if (Period()==PERIOD_W1){

DistanceDown=((distance+200)*10);

}

else if(Period()==PERIOD_MN1){

DistanceDown=((distance+400)*10);

}

else

{

DistanceDown=((distance+5)*10);

}

}

If you know something about this bug please let me know.Thank you

Thanks

beppi:
Hello to all,

Good profits to all.

Beppi,

Thanks for your mod and suggestions for scalping.

Regards

S

beppi:
Hello to all,

Good profits to all.

Beppi,

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,

hello

leledc:
Great thread great people!!!!!

Added some more indicator:Cycle,DeMarker,Momentum,AO,AC.For Cycle you must have Cycle_GJH4 in indi folder...Bye

P.s. Awesome Oscillator is a good choice...See below

i am trading with this indicator and repaint...

Reason: