Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 82

sorry for my ignorance

SIMBA:
There are more ways to use this indicators ,but the trendline and the one I will explain now are the basis to trade with these kind of Tools,you then can combine both or add MTF confirmation...But,the basis are these 2 methods.

Second Method:

1-TrendFilter: See pic FTTSolution1...USE a FFT with a base indicator period bewteen 200 to 300 bars,in this case I used a 250 periods RSI...And Harmonics=1...This will be your trendfilter,and the redrawing effect is negligible...so,once it became RED ,you can only take short Trades.

this indicator repaint?the line of fft repaint?

2-Trigger Entry: See pic FFTSolution2...ADDD to the chart a second FFT indicator with normal period(in this case RSI=14) and Harmonics anything bewteen 5 and 25(I used 25 for the example)...If trendfilter is signalling a downtrend,you enter when Trigger signals a downtrend too...see the Blue areas I marked at the chart...You can exit by TP,or,mandatory, by change of colour....In the case signalled there were 5 entries,3 of them marginally profitable,2 of them very good trades....

This is not the HG either,BUT it is a very good strategy to trade safe and profitably.

SUGGESTIONS:

1-Don`t be greedy,use either the trendline,or this method,or both...Do NOT anticipate the trend change..Always use a trendfilter based on ,at least H1 with >200 periods.

2-My usual comment about lower Timeframes...Use it at/above H1..If you really have to use it at m1,m5,m15,do,so only if m15 and h1 TRENDFILTERS(>200 periods) are BOTH signalling in the same direction.

3-The best Entries are done if you are extremely patient and wait for the right setup...See last entry(Blue area) at the second chart...Trend was Down,there was an ABCD kind of retracement that retraced more than 50% of the previous downmove(about 80%) and then a Trigger entry.

4-High harmonics (25)are faster but can repaint,usually in countertrend direction,you can use them for the Trigger if you trade in the trend direction,but,preferably,use just 5 harmonics...you will have less trades but you will catch the profitable ones.

5-Practice your setups and triggers with the Visual Tester,get the feel for it,for several timeframes and several pairs.

Regards

S

his indicator repaint?the line of fft repaint?

ok....

SIMBA:
Pava,

Post the base indicator you want to use here and I will do the mod for you,if it is a "secret indicator" that you don`t want to post,just change the line of code as suggested at previous posts.

If,for example you want to do the Fourier Extr of RSI you should add to input parameters the following...

extern int RSIPeriod = 14;

And,then change this line of code :

in=0.5+iWPR(NULL,0,50,i+lb)/100.0; //change indicator here

For this one

in=0.5+iRSI(NULL, 0, RSIPeriod,0,i+lb)/100.0; //change indicator here

Regards

S

ok Simba...this is the only oscillator I use...let's see what it would look like with cycle attached to it...

...............funny...attachment didn't unpload

Files:

Repainting

learntrader:
his indicator repaint?the line of fft repaint?

Learntrader,

Look at the attacched pic...see the repainting is the space between the blue and blue bars or red and red bars...with the right settings it is minimal(1-5 bars,mostly at the same price level),and with the right strategy it doesn`t affect at all your trading.

FFT of RSI is very robust,just use the right settings..harmonics=1.

Suggestion:Instead of just asking questions,why don`t you demo the indicator on m1 for a couple of days,then you ask all the pertinent questions?I say m1,because then you are going to get lots of experience in very few days,not because it is a good tf to trade.

Regards

S

Files:
repainting.gif  81 kb

Looks

Pava:
ok Simba...this is the only oscillator I use...let's see what it would look like with cycle attached to it...

Pava,

1-This is how it looks,like,see pic.

2-With the right settings,the combination of FFT +oscillator could lead to good entries and exits in trend direction...I used 100,4,8,0.7 for both the original CCiT3 dot and the FFT....It will depend on TF,your style of trading,and dominant cycle period of the pair you are trading,but I think the FFT adds an element of TrendFiltering to your indicator.

3-When,in the FFt,you use show base indicator=True...what you will see is the Aqua line,it is showing if the signal is above(short) or below(long) the up and down dots..I have tried to code it to show exactly the indicator,but I would have needed 2 more buffers,and I am not a coder...In any case,you superpose the CCI as I did in the pic,and it matchs perfectly.

Regards

S

ok simba

SIMBA:
Learntrader,

Look at the attacched pic...see the repainting is the space between the blue and blue bars or red and red bars...with the right settings it is minimal(1-5 bars,mostly at the same price level),and with the right strategy it doesn`t affect at all your trading.

FFT of RSI is very robust,just use the right settings..harmonics=1.

Suggestion:Instead of just asking questions,why don`t you demo the indicator on m1 for a couple of days,then you ask all the pertinent questions?I say m1,because then you are going to get lots of experience in very few days,not because it is a good tf to trade.

Regards

S

i will do this

leledc:
Great! Below attached the vers 1.2 with arrows and lines autorefreshing.(i have yet shared vers 1.2 of base indi ,now i'll attach rsi too)

Thanks for the amazing work leledc, but a file is missing : Leledc-Dss.

Thanks !

Big Joe:
Thanks for the amazing work leledc, but a file is missing : Leledc-Dss. Thanks !

I have made a mistake:that was an experiment based on Double stoch ...Now i'll correct the mistake.Thanks

P.s. i'm working on an ea to set best FFT settings in automated mode but there is a problem:when i launch the ea i have this

2010.01.18 16:47:30 Fourier_Extrapolation_of_Indicator Color 1.2 EURUSD,M5: invalid value for MathArccos function.

I don't know how to correct the error(i have tried but without success)...Mladen if you are here please can you give me your great help?????Thank you

thanks leledc & simba...will check after work....

Trend-in-Advance Indicator

Has anyone seen this?

Introduction to Econophysics. A new approach

TAI-Graph on-line calculator

Reason: