Trading Strategies Based On Digital Filters - page 84

cuda indicator

mr tools could you post cuda indicator?thanks in advance

and..

SIMBA:
Learntrader,

I suggested you one way to train yourself in using a tool for trading....What about the 2 days of training?

Now,you are again falling prey of the HG search...

There is no HG,there are only good and bad tools and good and bad ways to use them,that`s all.

The most important tool is price behaviour at support and resistance...then with these kind of Fouriers and a good strategy you can get an additional edge...BUT,you will never catch all the turns.

I think that even mladen catches at most 92% of the turns,and MrTools probably can get 89% of them at best.

Regards

S

how mrtools and mladen do to take 90%of turns?fxtimer make the same i think is possible

Simba

SIMBA:
Pava,

1-This is how it looks,like,see pic.

2-With the right settings,the combination of FFT +oscillator could lead to good entries and exits in trend direction...I used 100,4,8,0.7 for both the original CCiT3 dot and the FFT....It will depend on TF,your style of trading,and dominant cycle period of the pair you are trading,but I think the FFT adds an element of TrendFiltering to your indicator.

3-When,in the FFt,you use show base indicator=True...what you will see is the Aqua line,it is showing if the signal is above(short) or below(long) the up and down dots..I have tried to code it to show exactly the indicator,but I would have needed 2 more buffers,and I am not a coder...In any case,you superpose the CCI as I did in the pic,and it matchs perfectly.

Regards

S

I am not getting those aqua square lines...what am I doing wrong?

Square Lines

Pava:
I am not getting those aqua square lines...what am I doing wrong?

Pava,

1-I am not getting them either now,Looks like now I am getting the right signal for the signal buffer,see pic....I am not a coder,don`t know why this happened(platform refreshing after changing buffers from 0 or 1 to 2?).

2-If you use "Show base indicator=true",you should,NOW, get the Aqua line that is exactly the same as the signal line of the original indicator,obviously with the same periods at both....please confirm.

3-I have been tracking the joint interaction of base indicator and its FFT for GBPUSD,and the results for yesterday and this latest hours have been exceptional,the combination triggered very good entries....you may have something good here,with the right settings.

BIG JOE:Those arrows were supersignals,I think I explained it many posts ago at this thread and also I explained why I use them at one of the Elite section threads,basically I use them to confirm "price&time",if,for example I am using a cycle of 40 bars that is turning,I want the price to be at the highest high of the past 40 bars,that`s all,I don`t use them to tease anybody(but there is always someone that thinks I have the HG) though I am starting to rethink about it.

Regards

S

Files:
ccit3dot2.gif  54 kb

Improvements

leledc:
Ok guys the version 1.3 is ready...I have modified a little thing in code for give alert and line or arrows at close of the bar. Then i have added a mod to choose some default indi of Metatrader:for now they are 6,but in future we can add other indi.I hope this like to everybody and please let me know any bug or improvement you 'd like.A big thanks to Mladen for his great help and his knowledge!!!!

Leledc,Mladen,

Thanks for the improvements.

S

Pip:
Hello Homestudy,

I am using the H4 and D1 time frames to make my decision. All Indicators on both time frames are saying the same story (at least in my eyes). I have included a screen shot below and will share with you my thought process for your review (and possibly benefit/critic?).

Here is the setup on the H4 (current) time frame

1) MACD pointing up

2) 4H Cycle_GJH4 pointing up

3) Triggerlines pointing up

4) D1 MTF Cycle_GJH4 flattening

4) 4H Cycle_GJH4 forecast pointing up (less reliable but nevertheless pointing in the right direction)

Direction Projection: Long

Entry: 38.2% retracement of previous move

Setup on the D1 time frame

1) MACD crossed to the upside

2) D1 Cycle_GJH4 flattening

3) Triggerlines crossing up

3) D1 Cycle_GJH4 forecast pointing up (less reliable but nevertheless pointing in the right direction)

Direction projection: Long

Based on the above I made the entry position (i.e. everything is saying go long); nevertheless, I am being cautious since the rating of the setup is not exactly perfect (I would have licked for the D1 Cycle_GJH4 to be actually pointing up rather than being flat, or even better a bullish divergence on the D1 time frame). So, i have placed my takeprofit below the high if the previous of the 4H bar and my stoploss is the low of the previous bar as well.

As we all know, trading is not exact science but rather a game of probability and so, there is a chance for me to be wrong, but that is ok. You make some and lose some.

I hope this has been helpful.

Cheers,

For those following this position. Here are the details and the outcome

Number of shares: 10,000

Entry Price: $30.78 (1/15/2010, 19:40 server time)

Profit Target: $30.14

Exit Price: $30.98 (trailing stop) (1/19/2010 17:01 server time)

Gross Profit: $2000

Commission: $307.80

Net Profit: $1692.20 (not bad for a 3 day holiday weekend)

Price reached $30.13 twice prior to (17:15 on 1/19/2010) then retraced thus hitting my trailing stop first then resumed to $30.14 at 17:17 sever time (stop hunting?) then retraced again.

Cheers,

Files:

SIMBA:
Pava,

1-I am not getting them either now,Looks like now I am getting the right signal for the signal buffer,see pic....I am not a coder,don`t know why this happened(platform refreshing after changing buffers from 0 or 1 to 2?).

2-If you use "Show base indicator=true",you should,NOW, get the Aqua line that is exactly the same as the signal line of the original indicator,obviously with the same periods at both....please confirm.

3-I have been tracking the joint interaction of base indicator and its FFT for GBPUSD,and the results for yesterday and this latest hours have been exceptional,the combination triggered very good entries....you may have something good here,with the right settings.

BIG JOE:Those arrows were supersignals,I think I explained it many posts ago at this thread and also I explained why I use them at one of the Elite section threads,basically I use them to confirm "price&time",if,for example I am using a cycle of 40 bars that is turning,I want the price to be at the highest high of the past 40 bars,that`s all,I don`t use them to tease anybody(but there is always someone that thinks I have the HG) though I am starting to rethink about it.

Regards

S

yes...I noticed the quality of signals was superb yesterday...better then with other base indicators...and much less repainting if any....

Thanks for explanation simba !

Have you try to put FF on renko charts, let say 50 past bars and harm 1, you get a very nice scalping tool !

leledc:
Great thread great people!!!!!

Added some more indicator:Cycle,DeMarker,Momentum,AO,AC.For Cycle you must have Cycle_GJH4 in indi folder...Bye

P.s. Awesome Oscillator is a good choice...See below

is it different from the previous 1.3 version?

anyway thanks for this..

it is just great

lonelyfx:
is it different from the previous 1.3 version?

anyway thanks for this..

it is just great

Just added some more indi...That's all

Reason: