Trend indicators - page 15

Aesthetics

bibbob:
I always behind what i said before -deleted by admin with no reason.

Aesthetical reasons do not count?

S

Best indicators to DEFINE THE TREND

Hi there folks.

What are the best indicators to define a trend?

What do you use?

I'm using a Heiken Ashi MTF in H4 to define the trend to enter in M5.

What do you use? What's really good for this porpouse?

I guess this is a good thread for we all.

Thanx in advance.

I know.

MA lines.

no wait...

Stochastic reversed..

hmm actually no

RSI is good

... bollinger bands?

or no...

Maybe something smart like ichimoku Kinko Hyo?

Mate. Its not the indicator. Its how you use it.

Good luck!

Try this indicator

Files:

Oh also try this..may be helpful

the best indicators are the best that top notch traders do use in LIVE trade

data will not be that good, when you try it in your account -- maybe you do not have a good perspective or wrong indicators in your template

a bit cliche -- but we have to try it out

Using indicators is a complicated process sometimes especially for determining trend.It should be as simple a process as attaching some indicator to your chart and walah trend is defined.The trouble is some of the indicators that are available and clearly have the word trend in them clearly show everything except the trend.Some indicators are lagging indicators which always show the trend to late to take action.This is the case with most mt4 indicators except macd and stochastics which are leading but finding the correct settings is a task which should be simply defined given all the time these indicators have been in use but again not readily available information.Leading indicators will give us the future perspective and opportunity to enter as you imagine a trader should be able to..before the move actually takes place so some sort of profit can be made.So here is a leading indicator which will show you trend as you requested.It is available in this forum but not set like this.1h chart enter on yellow

Files:
5.gif  17 kb
blue22.tpl  2 kb

sorry i am a newbie,how to use the blue22.tpl? i copy the NonLagMA_v7[1].1.mq4 in the indicators file,but in the chart ,i only get a line with one color.

Very simple..after you have copied the indicator to your indicators folder.Close the platform then reopen metatrader.Save the template to your desktop then right click on the chart.Select template...load template...select to "lookin" from desktop (dropdown menu) and thats it.

Thank you Kevinator!

This indicator repaint the past?

So, I guess we have a TS here(?):

The red line (something like ZZ?) show us top and buttoms, and the other one (something like a signal line) show us when to go long or short, preferencially when it changes your color (yellow)?

Is it?

Initially I was looking for a MTF indicator who tell me in M5 what is going on in MT4, like this indicator in attach.

Kindly.

kevinator:
Using indicators is a complicated process sometimes especially for determining trend.It should be as simple a process as attaching some indicator to your chart and walah trend is defined.The trouble is some of the indicators that are available and clearly have the word trend in them clearly show everything except the trend.Some indicators are lagging indicators which always show the trend to late to take action.This is the case with most mt4 indicators except macd and stochastics which are leading but finding the correct settings is a task which should be simply defined given all the time these indicators have been in use but again not readily available information.Leading indicators will give us the future perspective and opportunity to enter as you imagine a trader should be able to..before the move actually takes place so some sort of profit can be made.So here is a leading indicator which will show you trend as you requested.It is available in this forum but not set like this.1h chart enter on yellow
Reason: